1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Time Changer!" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

http://www.platypuscomix.net/hollywood/timechanger.html

You might be thinking, "Boy, this movie sounds really funny, I oughta watch it." Please don't; you won't make it. I cut out a lot of dry parts (believe it or not, this is ten times as preachy as I made it sound, usually literally) and then there's the general repugnancy of the main character, whom you will NOT be able to stand for long.

I once saw my stepdad flipping through the channels and TBN was running Time Changer again. He watched it for three minutes, it got to the lingerie scene and he changed stations again, never to return. When you consider the pablum he actually enjoys (CBS procedurals, dancing competitions), this is saying a lot.

2. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

Your description of Russell's reaction to unwed TV actors kissing at a time when children could watch makes me wonder if, in the 1890s, he ever heard of unwed theater actors kissing during performances that children might watch.

3. prof_ratigan

prof_ratigan New Member

I gotta point this out, this movie has one of the most blatant acts of plagiarism I've ever seen. Two modern characters discover that a character is from the past from a hand-written date on a bible? Yeah they lifted that directly from Brigadoon

4. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

you should review Dark Dungeons, a movie Jontron also reviewed. It's based on a Jack Chick tract that warns against playing Dungeons and Dragons, and it's just as preachy and over the top.