World's Finest Workshops Throw It At The Wall; See What Sticks.

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by The Guitar Slayer, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

I know this is completely changing the topic, but I've got a small question for you guys: is there somewhere where I can find a map of Jump City? An obscure thing to ask, I know, but there is a reason.:sweat:

-Matt A-

2. Glensather

Glensather Class II-A

For those of you who want to test their character's Mary-Sue ness, take them through this very simple litmus test:

http://www.ponylandpress.com/ms-test.html

No, it's not mine, but it's a great resource.

Also, how much of a disaster would it be if I crossed Neon Genesis Evangelion with TT?

3. TeenTitansGO!

TeenTitansGO! expremental Upnnas

I think nearly every thing's a disaster when crossed with TT unless it's directly related (ie. Batman, JLU, Static, so forth) to that side of the DC universe.

TTG~Matt H. But hey, you may change my mind

4. Glensather

Glensather Class II-A

I could :cool:

Speaking of which, my rough draft for the Eva/TT fic suggests Beast Boy's point of view. Question, should I keep it? Or change it to a more third-person perspective?

In other news, I'm going to repost something, a bit more cleaned up, and hopefully a lot more violent. ^.^

5. Lord Welshi

Lord Welshi I own all I see. Except that

*throws it at the wall. It falls off.* dam.

Anywho, Glensather, that sounds like an interesting idea, mixing Evangelion with the Titans. Could be very weird, but it's also quite a refreshing thought: Teen Titans and giant robots! (well, they're not exactly robots, but you know what I mean). Go for it.

6. MR.MXYZPTLK

MR.MXYZPTLK Mild Mannered Reporter

Lex Luthers son

I have an idea for one of my Superman scripts. Lex Luther, has a son called, Linale Luthor, who spends all his time drinking with his friends. Luther thinks of this as disgracing the family name. I'm not sure about it, it seems strange that Luthor would have a son. It ends up tying in with, Darksied and intergang. I also thought of a very dramatic ending, but I won't spoil it

What do you guys think of Luther having a son?

7. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

Luther having a son? The idea is interesting. (Although you sort of switched the names around from the "Smallville" Luthors.)

Some various stuff about the idea:

-Give Luther Sr. some characterization. I think he needs to be a little more "human" than he is in JLU.
    -When is this set?
    -Are any heroes going to show up?
    - Do we like Linole or do we hate him?

Just ask yourself these questions! I hope the idea works out!

~s7

8. The Guitar Slayer

The Guitar Slayer 1965 to Eternity

Lex Luthor's son --

1. Who is Mommy?

2. Where has he been for the rest of continuity? Since he is drinking, he must be at least 21. We never saw him in STAS, which was less than 10 years ago.

3. How old does this make Lex?

4. Why would Lex disapprove of partying? Given what Lex has done in the past, disgracing the family name is the least of his concerns. However, if you're going to go for this angle, you have to establish the difference between what the kid is doing versus what Lex has done and how is it "worse" than global domination. ;)

9. MR.MXYZPTLK

This is actually my own universe. Right now Lex is still a buisness man, he has very little interest in world domination

10. The Guitar Slayer

The Guitar Slayer 1965 to Eternity

You still have to explain this stuff, regardless. Lex was a crooked businessman, or at least a very greedy one; you're really going to have to sell why there would be "disgrace" considering what a guy Lex is.

You can't have a kid pop out of his left leg either. Mommy needs to be established. If you're establishing AU continuity, what else is different? If anything, to make a good AU story, you have to do two or three times the standard legwork in order to make it go compared to just writing in someone in regular continuity -- saying it'll be "AU" makes more questions rather than answers.

11. MR.MXYZPTLK

Lex has had to build his empire from scratch. He didn't have a rich daddy to pay his way through college. His son wasting his life away would make him quite angry. I as for the mother...I don't have a clue...probaly some random girl:D

12. TeenTitansGO!

TeenTitansGO! expremental Upnnas

I would like to note that we've forgotten how to spell Lex's dad's (now son's) name. It's Lionel. I would also like to give you my idea. If he name's his son the same as his dad, he and his dad should get along a lot better than in the Smallville/STAS Universe. AU's are always fun, but when you layer things on top of them, things have to be explained.

For me, I'm writing one now, where everything has happened later than what it originally happened as according to the Batman storyline. The Robin's join him at later dates and such, but it needs little explanation. Just make sure things are clear to the reader.

TTG~Matt H.

13. klammed

klammed the fool.

Interesting idea, Lex with a son.

Is cloning a possibility? Sounds old, I know, but Superboy in the comics right now is a half clone of him, so it might be possible.

Random girl... hmm. Why would he 'do it' with her, without protection? An ego trip? An heir? Did he do this often in his youth? It might be interesting if the actions of his son now are parallel to his when his son was concieved. Would that strike him in any way?

Is he the type that wants to get dragged down with all this baggage and responsibilty? Is his son inhibiting his progress in the world of commerce? What do others think of his son? Is Lex of high social standing right now? If he is, is his son a pariah? If not, could it be due to his son? Does he resent his son? Does he really care about his son, or just that fact that he's 'bismerching' the family name?

heh, I ask too many questions.

14. Aldrius

Aldrius Arrogant Instigator

I had no idea where else to post this...

So basically, it's an idea for a fan-script. Essentially a Mask of the Phantasm sequel set in the world of Batman Beyond.

It takes place after the last event in the Batman Beyond series (not sure if that's the movie or not) but before Epilogue.

The plot is, essentially. A rivalry between Eric Beaumont (The son of Andrea Beaumont and Bruce Wayne) and Terry McGinnis. Eric basically shows up at Wayne Manour one day and introduces himself.

Bruce of course has no idea what to do. (I love giving kids to characters who would make very akward parents.) Terry is kindof bitter, because Eric is sortof clamoring to inherit the bat mantle. (Being the biological heir to Bruce.)

The movie will feature the Phantasm in some way, as well as Andrea. (Both will atleast be in the movie's prologue, where Eric is er... conceived.)

However, the details are still very sketchy. I'm having trouble giving Eric a motivation AND making it sympathetic. (I think he might have the outlook that there can't be sadness without happiness... but I have no idea how to work that in.) I love the idea of him struggling to find a family... but at the same time I need a substantial villain. (I'm almost thinking of using Black Mask/Roman Sionis as a third-party from the Batman Adventures comics, as someone who wants revenge on Andrea for betraying him.)

Mask of the Phantasm worked so well, because we shifted from the Phantasm to the Joker so seemlessly.

And... I think that's all I've got so far.

15. SilentBat18

SilentBat18 Hmm, so, yeah

hmm.... interesting.... well i kinda just finished reading a BB fanfic bout phantasm (in the older stories collection) but this seems to take on a different approach that seems interesting... what the heck, if you work out the kinks it just might stick and i'll be looking forward to reading it.

anyway i dont know how many read the thread i had up a little earlier called "unfortunate writers block" but im gonna close it and ask my quetion here:

i am currently working on a new fanfic (not the one posted right now) for BB and i currently have writers block. well the problem is i dont know much about the history of catwoman really, so what i did was mess with it a little (i hope thats not a problem). see, i used Isis(selena's cat) and turned her into an egyptian goddess that used to be pampered until the fall of the egyptian civilization. after that, she decided to use hosts to take care of her by leaving scratch marks that sort of give women abilities that mix into the women's personalities turning them into unique catwomen (does that make any sense?) Just so you know, i am not repeating the plot of the movie Catwoman (which btw was aweful and confusing). so this cat finds its way to my new Batgirl's apartment and chooses her as a future host since selena kyle is getting old and close to death. but the new "abilities" have affected my Batgirl's attitude making her more aggressive and dangerous. so now Terry and Bruce have to find a way to reverse this before she ends up killing someone. does anyone have any ideas about what could be done considering selena's origin as catwoman? btw, i dont mind if this fic turns magical or far from reality since its already far from reality at the moment:p. oh and if you think this plot is way too weird or not enticing to read please let me know before i put too much energy into making it work.

in case you have no idea what i'm talking about when i mentioned new batgirl you can check my current fic Batman Beyond: A New Beginning for answers

#35 SilentBat18, Jul 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.