1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Ultimate Spiderman's fight scenes

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by PapaGreg, Mar 16, 2017.

1. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

For me personally I thought the fight scenes were lackluster, the animation was okay but the choreography was lacking. There were some scenes in the series where Spiderman doesn't fight like Spiderman, like the scene where he lands on the ground and starts boxing with Taskmaster or the scene where Spiderman catapults himself towards Taskmaster and Taskmaster doesn't budge an inch.

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think there was a time when USM's action scenes were probably one of the only things it had going for it, at least for me, even though they were never on par with the action sequences in Spectacular and were so often interrupted by fourth-wall gags that broke up the momentum :sweat:.

If I had to sum up USM's fights, I'd say they were generally serviceable if not prone to standing out much. Comparatively they looked better visually and were better animated then other contemporary Marvel cartoons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There are only two examples I can think of when it comes to impressive fight scenes on USM. The first fight with Venom back in Season 1, and from the final season, the fight with Sandman on that island. Pretty great choreography and some nice animation helped things.

That's not to say the other fights on the show were terrible, just not as exciting or impressive for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1