"Thor: The Dark World" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by dmxx116, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

Thor: The Dark World
    Release Date: November 8, 2013 (3D/2D theaters)
    Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
    Director: Alan Taylor
    Screenwriter: Don Payne and Robert Rodat
    Starring: Chris Hemsworth
    Trailer:

Synopsis: Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s Thor and Marvel’s The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Related Pre-Release Discussons:
    -Iron Man 3
    -Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    -Guardians of the Galaxy
    -Marvel's The Avengers 2
    -Ant-Man
    -S.H.I.E.L.D.

We all know Thor is a Box Office hit, But what do you want to see in Thor 2?

Cinemablend reckon they have confirmation that the sequel is going ahead AND the villains that The Mighty Thor may face next time:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Thor-2-Being-Planned-And-We-May-Know-Who-The-Villains-Are-24753.html

Me personally I want to see Thor go up against the Wrecking Crew.

2. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

My first thought is Enchantress, but I really don't want to suggest anything until we see Avengers.

3. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Wouldn't mind if Enchantress be the antagonist and using the Wrecking Crew and the Executioner as pawns, also be cool if Absorbing Man shows up as well.

4. Master Toon

Master Toon New Member

Are we ever going to get an Avengers movies? All I see is sequels and possible sequels for these heroes but no real word on the Avengers movie. If Capt does well it'll be a month or two and we'll see Capt 2 in the headlines with no mention of The Avengers. Just watch and see.

5. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

The Avengers is coming out next year. They recently started filming.

6. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

I think as the movies go along, Marvel's going to toss in cameos from every character they hold the films rights to. It just depends on where they leave Thor at the end of the Avengers, because I'd like to see the Bi-Frost be repaired in some form so he can freely go back and forth between worlds.

The big question is: how are they going to handle Thor's love interest. Because Natalie Portman's character doesn't seem the type to be thrown into peril every film ala Mary Jane Watson.

7. Master Toon

Master Toon New Member

In that case I take back what I said.

There's a type?

8. Astrolupine

Astrolupine Man on the wing.

Surtur, please!

And bring in Balder The Brave, too!

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

I agree with Surtur. They sure indirectly referenced him by using a couple items related to the ol' fire giant in Odin's vault. :cool:

10. kid rabbit

kid rabbit Active Member

Thor 2 should take place in Asgard kind of a reverse of the first movie where Jane and her friends travel with Thor in Asgard

11. young101

young101 New Member

I was thinking the same thing. I am clueless on thor's comic material but I am interested to see if he will be given the role of king and what kind of character development (if any) is possible for thor in the sequel

12. Young Justice

Young Justice Optic Blaster

I liked a lot that comic arc when the Mjolnir is given to an alien creature and he becomes the God of Thunder for a while. I don't remember the actual name of the alien creature, but if I'm not mistaken the artist was Walt Simonson.

13. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I believe you're referring to Beta Ray Bill.

14. Young Justice

Young Justice Optic Blaster

That's it. I like those arcs when they take a fundamental aspect of our favorite hero, and twist it, in this case, making the God of Thunder someone else different than Thor.

15. the greenman

Yeah, I grew up with Walt Simonson Thor. They were awesome.

16. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

17. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

Wouldn't it be interesting to see Jon Favreau do Thor 2, since he's not doing Iron Man 3?

I know, not gonna happen, but he really wouldn't be an unworthy replacement for Branagh.

My choices: Richard Donnor or Guillermo Del Toro

18. the greenman

I think Favreau is kinda stepping down from MARVEL for the time being, and he's doing "The Magic Kingdom" for Disney, so that ain't going to happen.

They need someone with more action skill to do the film. I kinda want to reserve Del Toro for "Dr. Strange". Richard Donner has done his ultimate superhero film in Superman and Superman 2 and he's a veteran with no need to prove himself with a film like this.

My list:

Louis Letterier (Incredible Hulk, Transporter)
    Timur Bekmambetov (Night Watch, Wanted)
    Alfonso Cuaron (Harry Potter films, Children of Men)

19. the greenman

20. the greenman

If the villain winds up being Enchantress, here are my top 5 Enchantress picks:

1. Charlize Theron- Probably won't happen. She's about to play another witch anyway.

2. Ali Larter- She's already proven she can do the villainess, and wouldn't costs so much either, affording them to bring in other characters like the Wrecking Crew if need be.

3. Cameron Diaz- Another one who can definitely do crazy, but like Theron, probably won't happen.

4. Anna Paquin- She can act and she's comic film vet, but has proved she can a good crazy temptress too.

5. Sarah Polley- She can act, but she doesn't come off nearly as hot as the others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.