"Thor: Ragnarok" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by the greenman, Jul 10, 2014.

1. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

2. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

A love triangle would work, if only to help us clarify why Thor even likes Jane. The chemistry between the two isn't really there, which is mostly a combination of material and phoning in from Portman.

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

Poor Sif gets left out again :sweat:.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

5. the greenman

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

7. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

They haven't announced anything beyond Guardians of The Galaxy 2 and Captain America 3 yet. The movies are produced one at a time and Ant Man is next... There is nothing to be alarmed about here, it's still clearly in the screenplay process.

The article sounds like it's been but up because it's a slow news day or something.

8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

I think Thor 3 will be the November film in 2017, just a hunch.

9. Frontier

I'd rather we get an actual female superhero with her own movie first before the MCU thinks about brining in a female Thor as a legacy character. Not that I put much stock in it happening, but still :sweat:.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Chris Hemsworth said his next film after Age of Ultron won't be Thor 3 but that it's filming the next year (2016). So that's on track for May 5, 2017 or November 3, 2017. 50:50 Shot since Thor 1 was May and Thor 2 was November. That would mean two returning and one new film in 2017.

11. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

It just occurred to me that the film is coming out in May, so it must be a rather large scale film. I hope the line up is a little sharper this time around so we don't wind up with a waste of talent.

12. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

We have a name for the movie now.

[​IMG]

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Ragnarok is my favorite EVER Thor arc, so if this is a faithful adaption, it'll be a treat.

It also pretty much guarantees Surtur and Beta Ray Bill.

14. wonderfly

wonderfly 30 Years since Vampire Hunter D!

"Ragnarok" is the only name worthy of the next movie. This HAD to be what the next Thor movie was about.

15. Frontier

Wow... Ragnarok. Just like Civil War, that's a pretty big storyline for that character, and might just take Thor off the table for a little while when it comes to MCU appearances (well, at least until Infinity War)... but it also holds a lot of awesome potential, and could finally include a lot of staple Thor characters(Surtur, Bill, Enchantress, Hela... maybe even Balder), so definitely something I'm looking forward to :).

16. the greenman

Agreed, it almost has to give us those folks.

17. the greenman

I've discovered this Icelandic director, baltasar kormákur, who could do this film. He also did 2 Guns and Contraband for Hollywood. He might be good for this, seeing how Kyle and Yost are very versed in Norse mythology. It would be a good idea to get another crew member knowledgable about this stuff.

18. the greenman

19. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

So how does this whole Ragnorak story work? I mean, if everything ends... How does everything continue afterwards? I mean, Thor is still alive after all that isn't he? Of course, the story might just have been in an alternate universe or something but will that also be the case for the movie?

I am excited for the prospect of certain characters showing up (
    ), though I think I would've liked for different stories to have been adapted first before the whole of Asgard is essentially nuked in a story (again, this is just my assumption since I don't even know I what happened, I remember hearing something along the lines of Thor having to allow himself and Asgard to die or something? Anyways, sorry for being ignorant here.).

The God Butcher arc followed by the current Unworthy Thor arc would've been interesting to me because the idea of three Thors chilling in a movie is pretty cool, followed by another movie where a shirtless Chris Hemsworth is chilling with Jarnbjorn again while a new actress takes over as a female Thor.... That sounds pretty cool to me. So, I'm going to hold out and hope Ragnorak doesn't end everything, so that I can get more out of the Thor-side of the universe.

20. reflection

reflection Active Member

So if this movie takes place right after AoU and Thor starts AoU on Earth and Thor has a new love interest, that means Natalie Portman is in AoU, right?