1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

This Month in Music (March)

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Zebi, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuckey

Stuckey Shutter Buggin'

Granted I don't have alot of exposure to Murs, having only heard RTW and EOTB, but I can't really get into his stuff. Of course, I'm glad to know that Atmsphere has recorded 30 songs so far. That album can't arrive soon enough.

2. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

Murs albums with 9th Wonder are much better(Murs 3:16 and Murray's Revenge), IMO. I think this new album is also produced entirely by 9th, so both have lots of chemistry by now.

I listened to Young Buck's album, Buck the World and I thought it was alright. His first album was better but, this is better than some of G-Unit's recent releases. My favorite songs are "Slow Ya Roll", "Hold On", and "U Ain't Goin Nowhere." All three tracks are produced by Dr. Dre. The album also included the Cam'Ron diss "Funeral Music."

I listened to Mims album, Music Is My Savior because his song, "This is Why I'm Hot" is a guilty pleasure song for me.:sweat: The one thing I have to give Mims props is, for most of the tracks, he went at it alone. He only has one other rapper on his album(Bun B) and a singer and two reggae artists. The downside is that Mims isn't that great of a rapper. There are a couple of times he's okay, but this is no NaS, Jay-Z or Saigon in the making for that matter. He also stuck with no-name producers, except for Kanye West(who probably has the best on song there "I Did You Wrong").

I also listened to Redman's album Red Gone Wild and it's pretty good. It's been a while since the last album(label politics) but, Redman still proves he's one of the best rappers out there. If there is one thing they could have done with the album, they should have cut down on the number of tracks. There is 23 tracks on the album and they could have cut it in half.

3. Stuckey

Stuckey Shutter Buggin'

I thought Red Gone Wild was another mixtape. Either way, I'm gonna listen tonight. I didn't really like anything after Muddy Waters (mostly production-wise) but I liked the Ill At Will mixtapes more than most. But, yeah, Red's definately in my top five.

As for the Murs/9th albums, I couldn't really get into them. For some reason the only 9th beats I realy like are all on Sean Price albums.

Edit: So I made it about three songs into the new Redman before I started skipping around and that only lasted for another two songs. Dude went from one of the strongest three album runs to start his career to one of the most disappointing three album runs. This is more upsetting for me than it has any right to be.

I want a new Willie D album.

#83 Stuckey, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2007
  4. Moto Pete

Moto Pete We Bare-ly Pete's

I have to still give Mims and Redman a listen i have been Really Busy

5. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

6. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

Here is an interview with Murs: http://www.thaformula.com/murs_staying_true_to_the_game.htm

He basically talks about his upcoming album and him being on a major label now. Also, the album is not going to be produced all by 9th Wonder. He's being working with Nottz and has been talking with DJ Premier, Kwame and other producers. The album should be dropping in August or September.

I hope he works with Kanye. I could see Murs rhyming over a beat from him.

7. Marklar

Marklar RIP Laurel Aitken, 1927-2005

I had kind of an ecelctic day at the ol' record mart today as I picked up Blood Mountain by Mastodon and I'll Sleep When You're Dead by El-P. I haven't gotten around to El-P yet, but Mastodon is pretty rockin.

Also, Sage Francis has a song from his new album at his myspace and a pretty killer pre-order deal at his website if anyone's interested.

8. The Myst

The Myst Truthiness for Springfield

That album, and Mastodon, is awesome. I honestly think it will be one of the influential metal albums in coming years. Whereas bands like Mastodon were influenced by albums like Master Of Puppets and Rust In Peace, bands in the future will be influenced by Blood Mountain.

9. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

attention hiero-heads: there's a new family album out this month, "Overtime" features remixes and previously unreleased material and 6 tracks f. del the funky homosapien. hopefully this is a little quencher before the release of del's next cd, The 11th Hour (whenever that ease). check your local indy shop, otherwise you can score online via the emporium for less than $10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.