1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

This Month in Music (March)

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Zebi, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Pedro

Mr. Pedro Der Patton

Spent some time in the "Z" section.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Stuckey

Stuckey Shutter Buggin'

I picked up ISWYD today and it's much better than I expected. Although, I can see his fans not liking it as much and if you don't already like him it probably won't change your mind.

Guests:
    Trent Reznor
    Rob Sonic
    Aesop Rock
    Cage
    Mars Volta
    Cat Power
    Darryl Palumbo

3. The Myst

The Myst Truthiness for Springfield

4. Punisher

Punisher One Shot At Glory

My day just got a lot better.
    I know I'm probably the only one here who listens to power metal, much less Kamelot, but this is great. Their last album(Black Halo) was in every way awesome and I have high expectations for this one. The artwork for it is strange, but after looking at it for awhile, it's grown on me. I strongly enourage anyone who hasn't heard of this band to check 'em out.

Edit: And here's what their vocalist had to say about it:

#64 Punisher, Mar 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
  5. Noukon

Noukon Deep Blue

I absolutely adore Kamelot, and I'm really happy to hear about this. The Black Halo was a masterpiece!

I wonder if this album will continue the "story" from Epica and TBH?

6. Punisher

I'm pretty sure they wrapped up their "Faust" theme with Serenade, though I may be wrong. Either way, as long as they keep bringing in those guests.

With the title "Ghost Opera" and the album art, I'm really anticipating a masterpiece of a song from them. Hopefully the music video for it won't be shortened like The Haunting and March of Mephisto.

7. Moto Pete

Moto Pete We Bare-ly Pete's

no it was generic and with out ANY Substence

8. Noukon

Noukon Deep Blue

It definitely seemed to conclude fairly well, but I didn't previously expect them to continue the story from Epica at all, so you never know.

Here's hoping for another appearance from Simone Simmons!

9. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

I'm debating if I want my ears to bleed from the new Modest Mouse disc or not. That single, Dashboard, makes me cry.

10. SirLemming

SirLemming a playa in a world of NPCs

Apparently, Trent Reznor is upset about some of the marketing for Year Zero:

Interestingly, this is the first time he's really talked about "the ARG" or any of its elements openly.

11. The Myst

What's he referring to? Thermo-chrome?

12. SirLemming

SirLemming a playa in a world of NPCs

In accordance with his wishes, I will put it in spoiler tags:

Also, watch Mute Math's new (first) music video, premiering on YouTube here. It's really cool. One shot, one take, filmed in reverse. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to get that right.

13. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

On Talib Kweli's MySpace, he put up a new song called "Say Something." It's produced by Will.i.Am, features Jean Grae and will be on Ear Drum. You can listen to it here: http://www.myspace.com/talibkweli

It's pretty good.

Also, rapper Jin is going to recording a new album. He mentioned on his MySpace blog and said that "this is the most important album so far." Hopefully he'll release it in stores and iTunes instead of his MySpace only(that's what he did with his 3rd LP).

14. Stuckey

Stuckey Shutter Buggin'

I disagree completely. He's alot more straight-foward than he's been in the past and you can definately notice alot more instances of him actually writing and trying to construct more "traditional" songs. But even the most un-El songs, such as "Haebas Corpses" or "Drive", still have a decidedly El-P feel to them. "Poisenville Kids" is alot more (directly) personal than I would've ever expected to hear from El and is the most obvious example of substance.

It's a weird album, to say the least. Apparently this was supposed to be his "adult" album. I'm not sure I even understand what that means, as I don't find anything really juvenile about FANDAM. I do think that "Dear Sirs" is not only a misstep but maybe the worst song of El's career. I'm not sure why it's here, as it sounds like someone trying create an El-P track and failing. Do I like ISWYD more than FANDAM? Yes and no. ISWYD is definately a much easier album to listen to but it's not nearly as interesting as FANDAM.

15. The Myst

This is going to be so awesome.

[​IMG]

16. Punisher

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Picked these two up for only $20. Along with Kamelot annoucning their new CD, this has been a good month for music for me.

17. The Myst

Great albums by one of my favorite bands.

18. RD!

RD! Never go see Dr. Acula

19. RD!

RD! Never go see Dr. Acula

So I bought this and I'm pretty ******* happy.

20. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

In indie Hip-Hop news, Murs announced at the Paid Dues Festival that he signed with Warner Bros. Records and was tired of the stuff that is played on the radio. He said that he's still going to make music for the fans, regardless of whether or not he's indie or on a major label. The title for his album is tentatively, Murs For President.

Also at the same festival, Slug from Atmosphere mentioned that he and Ant have recorded 30 songs for their next Atmosphere album. They're going to narrow the tracks down and get it mixed for the album. No word on the album name or when it's coming out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.