1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

This Month in Music (April)

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Zebi, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebi

Zebi Take off, eh!

Welcome to April's "This Month In Music" ... a place for discussion of music news, recent albums purchases, concerts, and more. To see a list of upcoming releases, check out Wikipedia's list of albums to be released in 2007.

2. SirLemming

SirLemming a playa in a world of NPCs

Ah, the serious version. Well, it's obvious what I'm looking forward to this month: NINE INCH NAILS. Year Zero. April 17th.

3. The Myst

The Myst Truthiness for Springfield

Myst's Month In Music (April)

April 2: Rush tickets
    April 3: Black Sabbath - The Dio Years
    April 17: Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
    April 24: Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet

What Myst Has Been Listening To Lately:

Strapping Young Lad
    Devin Townsend
    Pantera
    Mastodon
    Rush
    Nine Inch Nails

4. Damien

Damien Watching

Once again, not much new stuff I'm interested in. Well, I just heard "Golden Skans" by the Klaxons, so I may check out more of their stuff.

Taking my girlfriend to Meat Loaf next weekend. Her favorite, and she's gotten me into the Bat Out of Hell albums a bit. I'll let you know how the show was.

5. Moto Pete

Moto Pete We Bare-ly Pete's

What New stuff i have listen to Lately:
    • Amy Winehouse " Back to Black"
    • Mims
    • Redman " Redman gone Wild"

6. Punisher

Punisher One Shot At Glory

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yes, I went a little crazy. I'm starting a Helloween collection, and Number of the Beast is there just because it has one of Iron Maiden's best songs ever.

7. Stuckey

Stuckey Shutter Buggin'

Brother Ali comes out this month (next week, I think) and I'm really looking forward to that. "Unclesamg*****n" is great and the other track I heard (maybe "The Truth Is Here") is almost as good.

Also, my wife bought the new Lil Flip (cause she can do dat!) and it's alot better than even I (a Screwhead) expected.

8. The Myst

It has a few of their best songs ever. Though I personally feel it's a bit overrated. I don't think it's their best album like most people do.

9. SirLemming

From Blabbermouth.net:

This is hilarious.

10. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

LMAO!! That's too funny. I'll have to send that story to my NIN-obsessed friend.

Anyway, today I bought the Target exclusive edition of Waking Up Laughing by Martina McBride and (if this gets me ostracized from the board then oh well) the deluxe edition of Hilary Duff's Dignity.

Next releases I'm looking forward to are new albums by Alice Cooper, Duran Duran, and Scorpions, all currently expected for sometime next month.

11. The Myst

Year Zero leaked. I downloaded it. I listened to it.

Album of the year. Easily. I have a whole list of albums coming out this year that I'm excited for but I don't think any of them are going to top this.

12. SirLemming

Because he was generous enough to leak 4/5 songs to us, I'm going to respect Trent Reznor's schedule for releasing the album.

I think.

Oh and speaking of Year Zero, it looks like there's more to the album art than we thought:

[​IMG]
    The back: http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/4984/backtt5.jpg

Looks like a slipcover with a "Bureau of Morality" sticker on it -- the album art we've all known appears to be underneath, if you look at the left side of the back picture.

13. The Myst

Awesome art there and I like how they included the Bureau of Morality thing.

As for the downloading, I just couldn't help myself. I've been so hyped for this album for so long now thanks to the ARG and it did live up to every expectation.

14. SirLemming

Well, now I'm even more conflicted, because...

The entire album is up for listening at yearzero.nin.com.

Let me repeat that again so everyone can hear:

NINE INCH NAILS' YEAR ZERO CAN BE HEARD IN ITS ENTIRETY AT YEARZERO.NIN.COM.

15. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess The Myst can say he heard it from the official website if the RIAA questions him.;):D

16. Noukon

Noukon Deep Blue

Year Zero is an absolute tour de force. If it's true that it's just the first in a two-part concept series, I can't even imagine what the next album will be like.

17. SirLemming

I'm still very torn about whether or not I want to listen to it before that glorious day (April 17th) when I can hold it in my hands with the album art and everything (which is guaranteed to be a lot, not like With Teeth's art)...

But I did listen to "Hyperpower", and even though it's just an intro, it really took my breath away.

EDIT: How odd -- official word is that the new album photos are most likely of "bootlegs"... Although I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it won't look like that.

It's true that the "Art Is Resistance" flag is incorrectly proportioned (the top stripe) and that the back looks like basically the same picture as the front...

But the Bureau of Morality phone number is real. (Real fiction, I mean.)

#17 SirLemming, Apr 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  18. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe this thread should be renamed "Nine Inch Nails - Early Year Zero Talkback" or something? :D

Seriously, though, it's been so interesting hearing so much about this album that I may even check it out even though I'm not really a NIN fan. I wish more albums could generate this kind of craze. :)

19. The Myst

Yes. I heard it all on the website. I'll just have to figure out a way to change the timestamp on my earlier posts. >_>

20. Noukon

Noukon Deep Blue

This album definitely tops anything else Reznor has ever done (though I do love some of his other albums). It's like Operation: Mindcrime for a new generation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.