1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

They really need to add more Looney Tunes shorts to Cartoon Network/Boomerang's rotation

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Looney Turtles, Mar 21, 2016.

1. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

Well, the only LT shorts that remains edited on USA Boomerang still are "The Scarlet Pumpernickel" and "Drip-Along Daffy". They did air "Claws for Alarm" a few times and it's unedited now. So I don't know if they're going to air "A Gander at Mother Goose" unedited as well as "The Rebel Without Claws. I won't be surprised if they're still edited when they air in another week on USA Boomerang considering I have unedited recordings of both those shorts.

2. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Active Member

I saw The Rebel Without Claws a few weeks ago uncut, and it was uncut on Boomerang Italy as well.

By the way, could someone record these Boomerang US shorts? I'd like to add some in my collection.

3. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

I've been planning to record these new shorts that are being added next week to DVD.

4. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

So it's safe say that Turner is proving us wrong now that they're playing Speedy Gonzales shorts regularly as well as one-shot WB Cartoons?

5. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

Well, they did for a short time, but now they don't seem to be bringing in anymore shorts, and have been removing the ones that were going to air. I wonder what happened.

6. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Active Member

Speedy Gonzales shorts are currently on air in Latin America but not in the US.

Logic

7. Matt4723

Matt4723 New Member

I have been watching Looney Tunes on Boomerang US. It doesn't air on CN here at all anymore. Tonight, they re-aired several episodes that they aired last night, just in a different order. They did, however, throw in a couple pre-48 Blue Ribbon reprints, They've started airing the show in an hour-and-a-half block instead of the usual one hour block, so I was hoping they would show more variety, but I guess not. It seems they are only showing episodes with the regular recurring cast (Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Foghorn Leghorn, Coyote and Roadrunner, etc.).

Matt

8. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Maybe the US doesn't want to show their kids that Mexicans can be winners, too :p