1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The World of Miley Cyrus

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Space Cadet, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Whew. Miley has been busy. Wearing Tupac and Biggie on her butt, making a little person do unspeakable things, and ruining casual drug use for everybody.

Gawker has the rundown.

Shy Girl Miley Cyrus Smokes a Joint on Stage

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

This comment made me lose it:
    If there's anything more pathetic than Miley, it's Yahoo News assuming Miley is popular for the same reasons other musicians are popular. There's a new Miley pic in my feed every day along with comments from serious Yahoo journalists such as "How did she achieve her dramatic comeback? Was it her massive talent? Her miraculous singing gifts?" These things are written non-ironically, I figure because a clueless editor who only knows what is popular, and not why, demanded so.

EDIT: I just snapped this from the Yahoo homepage. Note which came first.
    [​IMG]

3. Wan

Wan The First Avatar

I agree that people get too worked up about Miley Cyrus. There are far more important issues going on in the world.

4. No the actions of Miley Cyrus were not expected. I heard about a 12 y/o girl which was a big fan of her and after watching the so called "Twerking" of Miley Cyrus how badly will it influence to that small girl. The Miley Cyrus which i saw on Hannah Montana was so cute and adorable and this one is so wild and cross dressesd.

5. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Miley has a "message for young women." Uh-oh.

Miley Cyrus
    (Warning: annoying video will auto-play at the top)

Does Miley feel "punk-rock" in any way to you? Or resemble Blondie or Jett in any way?
    Madonna is close enough, but even she had more dignity.

I also like that Miley speaks against makeup and long blonde hair while having both these things in excess on the cover of this mag.

But you just said you were making a statement one paragraph ago.....oh who cares, that's the punk-rock spirit I guess. Whateverz!

And if I hear one more star say "everyone who hates me is jealous of me...."

6. AllenJ

AllenJ Member

Funny you should quote that show. I don't know if this has been posted here already, but:
    Miley Cyrus and John Kricfalusi Working Together | Cartoon Brew

7. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator