1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The World of Miley Cyrus

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Space Cadet, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Oh, so Jesus told you. Jesus told you that's there's a vast Satanic conspiracy surrounding Miley Cyrus's twerking. But Jesus isn't real (except of course as a historical figure). That's like supporting your proof of Santa Claus by saying you heard it from the Easter Bunny.

It's important to make this point, because if we let people go around claiming they're right about any given topic because they had a revelation from Jesus, then all rational discussion is shut down. I don't believe in Jesus. And even most people who do believe in Jesus probably would be skeptical that he informed you and you alone of a huge conspiracy. If you're going to make an extraordinary claim in a discussion, you need evidence and logic to back it, not just a claim to divine inspiration.

Also, if you're going to stop reading as soon as you see that someone disagrees with you, you're not ready to have a real discussion. I would recommend you go back and read the part you skipped, because it's something you really need to see.

#21 Shawn Hopkins, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
  2. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

Alright, enough of the religious discussion. It's not needed in the thread.

3. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

Henry Payne, a cartoonist for the Detroit News, imagine Miley Cyrus at the 2014 MTV awards in a politically incorrect way.

4. Shawn Hopkins

So, whoo, new Miley video out. Not going to link to it, because I'm pretty sure it would be moderated anyway, but, yeah. If you see a nude woman crying, breaking things and licking sledgehammers, you usually think "call mental health professionals,' not "hey, sexy."

5. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

"And they call ME crazy!"

6. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It looks like the video got over 20 million views in about a day. Say what you will about Miley's current image and actions, but it's working for her music career, especially now that Billboard counts YouTube plays.

7. stephane dumas

It won't be long before her clip will be parodied. I wonder if Matt and Trey plan a South Park episode who'll parody Miley's clip? To think from this episode moment of season 12, if that happen...
    [video=youtube;ci4EAmF1bZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci4EAmF1bZo[/video]

8. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

My best guess, knowing them, is that this episode won't be addressed or mentioned if they do something based on Modern Miley, even though they predicted her career path precisely (as did everybody else...)

Too much in the world has happened without commentary from South Park on it. Thank goodness they're returning soon.

9. Mark_Kochan

Mark_Kochan Member

The first thing that came to mind when I heard about this was that ep of South Park

10. Destiny of Awe

Destiny of Awe Should update a lot of things

Truth is, I don't think she's going through just a "crazed celeb" phase. She looks like she's really enjoying what's she doing. I guess the fact that she's free from Disney may have contributed to this.

Speaking of which, people should really stopped being shocked at the fact that a former Disney star has gone crazy. She's no longer associated with Disney, folks, stop being so mortified. Sure, the Miley from Hannah Montana is a lot different from the current one, but it doesn't mean you should freak out about it.

Also, Cyrus's VMA stunt has had a price on her love life. :/

11. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And here I thought Not Thor's hopping around with January Jones and that Mexican girl was the problem ;)

As for Miley...I don't listen to her music so I can't comment on that much. But she's a cute girl that kind of clashes with the image she's trying to portray. She looks very much like a young woman trying to be sexy rather than just being sexy. I'm sure she'll get a better hang of it though, she's got a brighter future than her lame dad ever did.

12. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

The cover for Bangerz has been revealed, and.....um....well.

Your reaction will be awkward too, because she looks exactly like Justin Bieber. I don't mean resembles. I mean EXACTLY.

The only reason everybody won't immediately mistake it for a Bieber album is that she's topless with her hands covering her breasts, so it's a naked Justin Bieber with breasts.

I'm not posting it here, for your own sake.

13. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Apparently that version is only available to order on her own site. Stores will get a non-topless cover, which I'm too lazy to pull up.

14. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 Active Member

It was a horrible performance that epitomized everything wrong with pop culture today. If it was at least decent and Miley actually had the body to pull off the moves she thought she could, it would've still been bad to some degree but not the horrendous mess we got slapped upside the head with. I don't even watch the VMAs but I saw that performance and... well, I'm sure you know now.

Also, good for Liam.

15. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

And WHAP!

Yahoo!

This was the exact truth, but naturally, it was dismissed by Miley, who implied Sinead was "crazy," despite the fact that she's not the one licking sledgehammers naked.

"It is not ME who am crazy....IT IS ME WHO AM MAD."

16. stephane dumas

17. Shawn Hopkins

I tweeted at Miley telling her it was mean to make fun of Sinead's mental illness. Because I know she values my opinion. :)

18. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

And to think, at one point Miley Cyrus used to sing songs like this.

She's undergone a major image change as well as a sound change as well. I think it pretty much confirms that Hollywood Records was basically what was holding her back from going completely insane. I think that this crazy phase can't go on for long before Miley self-destructs the way Britney Spears did for a long period in the 2000s. It's just not sustainable.

I don't know if its pressure from her mother (who seems to be supporting Miley's acts of insanity) or RCA or or just Miley's rage at never being able to "express herself", whatever that means, under Disney and Hollywood Records, or even just rage at her father who used to manage her career, but whatever it is will eventually destroy Miley. She will end with more hits than her father but will end in a way her father did not: total self-destruction. Say what you will about Billy Ray Cyrus, one-hit-wonder or country-fried idiot or whatnot, but he never lost it. Not the way his daughter is.

19. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 Active Member

He's just as bad as his daughter for "supporting" her stupidity, rather the attention and publicity that Miley's stupidity manages to garner.

20. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Miley's disastrous interview with Matt Lauer:
    Yahoo!

If anyone had any doubt left, this confirms how badly Hollywood sheltered her and stunted her growth. She has no idea how to talk to actual people. All she knows is how to scream "SEEEEEEEEEX" and get a reaction.