1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The World of Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Space Cadet, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

Since the Miley Cyrus thread was successful, I thought I'd try with another controversal artist, Lady Gaga. Her third album, Artpop will be released on November 11th. She has a hit single with "Applause" and now "Do What U Want" which features R. Kelly. Use this thread to talk about her and her music.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Unlike Miley, Gaga is more than just a bunch of loud gimmicks and costumes. She writes and sings her own songs, without Autotune, and many of them are pretty catchy.

Even if her style is becoming obvious and starting to repeat itself, I'll be looking forward to what she comes up with.

3. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I love Gaga. She's the only artists who feels like she fits with the future that we're living in.

4. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

5. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not much of a Monster (yet I'm also not a hater), but I'm very excited for her Muppets special.

6. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

She's basically a Muppet anyway, so this will work well.

7. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

You ain't kidding. This is her latest photo, and I'm not making that up:

[​IMG]

8. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

Lady Gaga gets around, doesn't she? 2 yrs. ago, I started a thread on musical collaborations, and since then, one of those musical collaborations became reality(Nelly & Nelly Furtado). Another poster pointed out that he would like to see Lady Gaga collaborate with Katy Perry- I'd say why not, after all, both of them are fans of each other's music and have been friends for years. If that were to happen, why not also throw in J. Geils Band's Magic Dick(a.k.a. Richard Salwitz) to play harmonica and Timbaland(a.k.a. Timothy Mosley) as producer. Anyway, any collab that Lady Gaga has with anyone, especially Katy Perry, would be interesting to see, and she still has her fan base, known as the Little Monsters. Nonetheless, I'm going to check out her Thanksgiving TV special with the Muppets- I bet it'll be a good one.

9. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I'm not a big fan of Lady Gaga, but I recognize she has talent and I like a few of her songs. I think I am more fascinated by her unique sense of fashion than I am her music - they're really interesting to look at and I consider that a good thing. Mostly because I anticipate what she'll pull next and wonder if she can top it. Peter's pic above just pretty much confirms she's still got a lot of out-there ideas.

10. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member