1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The World of Justin Bieber

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Shawn Hopkins, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Y'know, we've got a thread about Miley, but her cries for attention are mild compared to whatever's going on with Justin Bieber. He's apparently embarked on a new career as an international jerk (sorry for the mild term, toonzone, you know).

Crazy stuff like insulting Bill Clinton and peeing in buckets has been going on for a while, but lately he's stepped the game up. First there were the prostitutes. Then the racist graffiti. And now he's caused an international incident by desecrating the Argentine flag on stage. All I can say is, glad he's Canadian. They can't blame this one on us.

Gawker - Today's gossip is tomorrow's news

Another interesting thing about this is it shows a bit of a gender double standard. No one is "worried" about Bieber like they are with Miley. They just think he's a dillhole. Because he is. Maybe one day we'll have enough gender equality to realize that Miley is a dillhole too. Again, sorry about the mild term. Toonzone, you know.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

That's a good point -- I hadn't noticed that.

As far as coasting on the adoration of smitten tweens goes, Bieber hit his peak in 2012. If he doesn't come up with some actual talent to fill the void soon, it's downhill from here.

3. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It does seem like JB's fandom has dwindled down to just the diehards that'll come up with anything to justify his actions. From what I understand, his recent single fizzled on the charts, and he didn't net a single nomination for the People Choice Awards.

Also, Miley only got 2 nominations out of like, 5 or 6 eligible ones. That makes me wonder if her continued popularity comes primarily from her controversy rather than actual fans of her music and persona.

4. Wan

Wan The First Avatar

I don't think Justin Bieber is crying for attention like Miley Cyrus. He's just trying to act like a bad boy because people make jokes about him being effeminate.

5. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 Active Member

I really think everybody's just trying to ride the gravy train and get a slice of the pie Miley's stupidity bakes up. Ahem...

Which by extension is still like calling out for attention, I'd say. However, he's still an idiot who got handed all this fame on a silver platter at the age of 15.

6. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

7. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 Active Member

Well we all saw it coming sooner or later. You can only cash in on the tween girl demographic for so long before they grow up alongside you and move on.

Bieber is/ was a one boy boy band and like all boy bands, are a short term investment in the music industry. His displays of "maturity" certainly aren't helping him either.