1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The WiiWare Games Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jave, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

Invasion of the demos...

2. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

YAY! Demos are back. I might try some of those games in demo form, just to see if they're actually interesting.

3. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

See, Nintendo? That wasn't so hard. And thanks to trying all four demos, I'm interested in at least two of them.

4. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

Nice, I always wanted to try Jett Rocket and AYIM. Glad I have the chance now.

5. Azrayel

Azrayel Active Member

I'm glad demos are back, according to one of the Nintendo Channel videos they will be updating demos regularly. So I'm glad demos are staying this time around.

6. Dogbert

Frisbee-golf and airport simulators; an odd combination...

7. Dogbert

Aside from the overly long description, Fluidity sounds interesting... Fireplacing on the other hand...

8. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

Sounds like some publisher is just trying to cash in on the old Classic Christmas Fireplace that has been on TV for decades and has been recreated on DVD and Blu-Ray numerous times.

Let's just hope that we don't get a Fireplacing 2.

9. Dogbert

Looks like they aren't putting any big guns up against Mario Party 2...

10. Dogbert

"Players may be asked to choose the right answer from a list of options or point as closely as possible to a given place." They may be asked? What kind of a statement is that? And why does it even need to be said?

11. Dogbert

Do I need an overload of cuteness? No.

12. Dogbert

You got to love it when they call a game a "hit" in the press release when it's being released...

13. Dogbert

The description gives me absolutely no idea what kind of game Doc Clock is...

14. Azrayel

Azrayel Active Member

Doc Clock doesn't make sense to me either. All I can understand from it, it is a time traveling game.

What I really want to know is when will that Tron like character that is first person shooter going to have his game released. I'm pretty sure the name had Virtual in it but other than that I don't remember the name. It had a article on the game in the 2nd magazine released in December.

15. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

I just looked over on gamefaqs.com and they've got pictures up there of the Doc Clock game, and even from the pictures I've got no idea what the game's about. But it looks very cartoonish.

But also, if you were burning in lava, wouldn't you be burnt out by the time you actually invented something?

16. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

By the way, when the 3DS hits in March it will add 3DSWare, Virtual Handheld and probably 3D Classics. Since there's no much discussion going on in these threads unless a big game hits, maybe we could just merge them all in one "Nintendo Download" thread, or do one for Wii Downloads and another for DSi/3DS Downloads.

17. Dogbert

The fewer the threads, the less work for me every Monday! The VC thread barely gets used except to complain, and I don't think enough people have a DSi to care. The DSi thread has been particularly telling of how little these threads are used, so one or two threads would be good. Ya' got my vote...

18. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

When I bought my DS back in November 2009, I didn't think the DSi was really worth the extra $50 bucks or so to get, especially since it removed the GBA slot (making it impossible to play any GBA games, but also you couldn't play any of the Guitar Hero games that came with the guitar part that plugged into that slot, not to mention any other DS games that might use the GBA slot).

19. Dogbert

Really? We need a game about rollergirls?

20. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

I agree with merging these threads into one. There really isn't much to discuss unless a really good game comes along, and that's becoming rarer and rarer these days.

I don't even have a DSi, so maybe we'll just make a thread for when the 3DS comes out to inform people of all the games they missed that are worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.