1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wii Virtual Console Thread (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tanooki, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good news - Blaster Master is coming to the Virtual Console, according to this Kotaku article, and NeoGAF.

2. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Blaster Master is good and all, but this in particular intrigued me:
    Wonder what dynamite title he's referring to? Any guesses?

3. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

But that can't be true! Nintendo isn't releasing 3rd party titles because they compete with their own games! Some guy on the Internet said so!

Seriously, though, great news. I hope they can make a deal and release some of their Looney Tunes games. I used to love those.

Blaster Master looks pretty cool too.

List of Sunsoft games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_released_by_Sunsoft

4. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

I'd hug you, but this computer screen is in my way. :D

Why, Sunsoft's complete NES/GB/SNES library of course!

Seriously, Sunsoft was one of the best supporters of Nintendo consoles. If the N64/PS1 era didn't kill them off, they'd probably still be making great 2D games.

EDIT: By the way, that's Vic Ireland, the man who ran Working Designs back in the day. This news could be VERY enlightening. (Arc The Lad trilogy and Alundra on PSN? Possible!)

Bam

#904 Desensitized, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
  5. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

Some more familiar titles...

6. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

*facepalm*

No no no no no no no Nintendo. If you wanted Alpha 2 (or any of the Alpha series) on the Virtual Console, GET THE ARCADE VERSION! I mean, I can understand back in the day that SNES Alpha 2 was the only way to go to playing the most recent Street Fighter game on a Nintendo console, but in this age of better emulation and the distribution of near perfect arcade ports to consoles, this is no excuse.

7. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Don't particularly care about either title. SFA2 for SNES is slow as molasses and Shinobi... eh. May pick it up at some point, but not a priority at all.

I'm hoping to see Final Fight 3 soon, given that Japan got it recently. And sob... Europe AND Japan now have Earthworm Jim 2, but the country it came out first in (at least, the SNES version), doesn't. Injustice!

8. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

Shinobi I might get later, but SF2A, I'll pass for the moment and wait to see if the arcade version of it makes it to the VC.

9. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

You'll probably be waiting a looooooong time, as the original SF2 hasn't even made it to VC yet. Plus, it'll probably cost 1000 points. You're better off buying the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for PS2 at a low price, as you also get the Gold version (with Cammy!). If you have a PS2, that is.

10. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

As a matter of fact, I do. I'll be sure to look into that later.

11. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I wonder if I should get that. It was pretty cool to play back in the day, and I even finished it. Then maybe they can offer Blaster Master 2 for the Genesis. You think I should snag Batman too?

I've got half a mind to purchase Super Mario Bros. 1-3. I mentioned in another thread that I gave up the NES cartridges once I snagged Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES. I also mentioned that the simple NES graphics and sound effects bring back more nostalgia, even though the graphics and sound in the SNES ports are updates.

12. Dogasu

Dogasu Rubber ducks kill babies?

Yeah, that threw me off, too.

But think about this; the U.S. got New Super Mario Bros Wii and will be getting The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks weeks before Japan did / will.

13. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

A crappy port of SFA2?

Out of the stream of classic NES/SNES games Capcom has... They choose that?

[​IMG]

14. Zyzzybalubah

Zyzzybalubah The Best of Friends

I know it's cheaper to do ports, but I really wish they would try to get the best versions possible (i.e. Pac-Man should have been arcade instead of NES, Virtua Fighter 2 should have been arcade instead of Genesis.) Is the Wii that limited in power it can't handle ports of Saturn and PS1 games to be downloaded? (Don't answer that....)

15. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

It's not a matter of power; it's a matter of hard drive space.

16. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

Is it just me or has the Virtual Console mostly been receiving games from all the ninja/magic/dragon libraries of the systems that are on there? Either those games are the cheapest to licence or they are the easiest to emulate.

Within the past couple of months I've only downloaded Super Mario Kart from the Virtual console, and yet for quite a while I was finding some rather interesting titles from those older systems.

17. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

Sunsoft is back in the picture?

And they're bringing Blaster Master to the VC? :eek:

I'm stoked. Sunsoft is one of my favorite developers ever! I can't wait to see titles like Uforia and Journey to Silius on the VC as well! And...I know this is a pipe dream, the licensed games like Batman and Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage.

18. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

I was tempted to post a "Sunsoft's Back!" thread, but passed. I'm glad they are back and with the man behind Working Designs guiding the US plans. Besides Blaster Master, I want Journey To Silius to come since I never got a chance to play it. And, I want a legit remake of Power Quest with improvements to the RPG mechanic and more fighters, but that's for another thread...

Also, who wants Cosmic Fantasy or the rest of the Nihon Telenet catalog? Because that's Sunsoft's now:
    http://www.siliconera.com/2009/12/10/sunsoft-acquires-telenets-entire-catalog/

19. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

They got the Nihon Telenet catalog? :eek:

*cries tears of jubilation* :crying:

Oh GOD YES!!!

20. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

This might have something to do with the announcement Vic is making on Friday (I think?) that will blow fans away.

Sure would blow me away. Now I really wanna know what this is. :)

EDIT: Oh wait, I just read it. This is it! Slow me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.