The "What'cha Been Playin'?" Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by JohnCrichton, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I started a new file for Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped! yesterday. The bosses are a lot harder without your unlocked abilities...

2. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I am not such a gamer but I really like playing this Australian game from 2002 called Sunken Treasure :D It's from ebrainygames.com and was included on several cd-roms with mini games.

This is how it works:
    [​IMG]

Here is a video of someone trying it, but he's not good at it :sweat:
    (Warning: strong language. Better turn off the sound, he doesn't have anything interesting to say)

3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Been playing some Let it die recently, its a fun FTP game the microtranscations aren't too bad imo.

4. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

I've been playing Rock Band recently. Gonna have to deal with the original and LEGO Rock Band for now. But that's more time to master All Star on easy.

5. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

I just started playing LEGO The Hobbit (PS3) and it's a lot of fun. It's great using different weapons to do stuff and build things. So far, I cleared the first two parts of the main story & I also earned a trophy achievement for collecting 99 of the same loot.

I also had a chance to try a few 3DS games for the first time:

LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins--The gameplay is a lot of fun but it's just a little frustrating trying to control the vehicles. I just got through the first three parts of Part 1 of the main story titled "Cherry Tree Hill".

Kirby: Planet Robobot--Like all the other Kirby games, it's a lot of fun. Kirby looks so cute in a robot suit.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice--A great game! It's very challenging to always switch between fire & ice abilities. Amy does a great job using her mallet in areas also.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

Got done with Ash (3DS download, originally iOS)

I got what I waned - its an old school JRPG, with a typical story that still managed to be heart felt at times. Playing as a older military guy (which is odd considering the young PCs in JRPGs these days) and his trusty sidekick, they travel the land while dealing with a spreading Corruption.

Not a bad game, though those who don't like old school JRPGs will find problems with it. The story is standard, the fighting system is old school, and the graphics look retro but clean. Character portraits that pop up during Dialogue looks good, having gotten a license from the makers of RPG Maker to use those assets. (The game uses its own engine from that game). And since the party as a whole has a level, one doesn't have to grind as much. And whew boy the bad guys are tough at times.

7. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

I've been playing some Pokemon, but I can't get past the final trial on Akala AAAAAAHHHHHHHH H E L P

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure if app games are discussed here that much, but I wanted to talk about it given that I may not get another chance to talk about a game from Konami.

So I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links for the past couple of days. It's actually more fun than I thought it would be given that it only features DM era characters, has none of the advanced summoning mechanics and the field has been cut down to just three spaces for Monsters, as well as three Spell/Trap Zones. The field was most likely due to making the game work for a phone. I do miss the more advanced summoning mechanics, especially when I still haven't played Pendulum cards and I want my Odd Eyes deck darn it, but the duels are still enjoyable in spite of that.

While this was developed last year in celebration of the 20th anniversary, it didn't get released in the U.S. until recently. It actually reminds me a lot of Nightmare Troubadour, which is oddly fitting as that was my first Yu-Gi-Oh! game. There isn't a storyline like there was in Nightmare Troubadour, but the gameplay feels extremely similar. Most duels are decided with Normal monsters and if you get a monster with 1500 or more attack points, you usually have the duel in the bag. The other similarity is how the card pool available is pretty awful. There are plenty of effect monsters still, but it's kind of tricky to make an effective deck, especially when the packs only give you three cards each instead of five. This is part of the drawback of not including the other summoning mechanics, although they've done that before and still had a lousy card pool available.

The biggest surprise for me was probably the inclusion of voice acting. I don't think we've had a game in the series that included the dub cast, not even the Tag Force games, so that was awesome. The duels normally got a quick pace, but that works given that this is an app game. It's also pretty easy to collect rewards and unlock other characters. I'm already on stage eleven with four characters unlocked. I've also enjoyed dueling against other people online, even though I've gotten into a bit of a losing streak lately. It helps breaks things up from dueling against the same NPCs all the time and it's kind of nice since I haven't been able to duel against too many other people before in general. I also really like that I haven't reached a point where I have to use my own money yet. I've been able to trade gems for cards and that has worked relatively fine thus far. I may have to do that later on, but the fact that I've gotten so far without needing to do that is still pretty neat.

It's a simple, but addictive and effective game. While I'm pretty sure that they've taken some of the graphics out of the Tag Force games, it still looks surprisingly nice for a app game. If you expanded the cardpool, featured all of the series like the Tag Force Special game did and provided more of a storyline, then this could easily work as a handheld game. It satisfies a Yu-Gi-Oh! craving I didn't know I had. I just still wish that this leads into an Arc-V 3DS game. I'd be satisfied if they included all of the leads in this game just so I could play as Yuya. This is basically a way to attract people who are nostalgia for DM, but if they somehow make new games featuring each series, I'd be okay with that in a way too. I'd greatly prefer 3DS Yu-Gi-Oh! games instead, but if they want to just go with app games instead, I wouldn't be too crushed with that if they're as fun as Duel Links has been.

9. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

LEGO BATMAN (PC)
    I got in the mood to play this again.
    Finished all story plots, wasn't in the mood to play all the stages again in freeplay.

10. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Ace Combat 04 and Planescape: Torment. Got the former for dirt cheap and I'm so happy I did, especially with 7 on the horizon.

11. Action!

Action! Active Member

12. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

A bunch of Spider-Man games on PS2 and PC.
    I really appreciate that my favorite games of the bunch are not steam connected, especially after their removal from network stores.

Treyarch's Spider-Man 3 is still my favorite, I still love that near decade old game, and I have no regrets or guilt for feeling that way, even with the renewed appreciation of its predecessor from the same developer and Web of Shadows.

13. Cunning Condor

Cunning Condor Unfriendly Cartoonist

Trying my damndest to beat Persona 4's final boss (won't and don't spoil anything). I keep getting pulverized.

Aside from that, playin' the Arkham trilogy and Just Cause 2. That game is so much fun.

14. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Yugioh Forbidden Memories, that game is hard can't win without having to reset the game until I have a better deck or that AI creeps up.

15. Viper

I finally had a chance to play Batman: Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year) for my PS3 and it's a pretty good game. It has the same gameplay as Lara Croft and the cutscenes are pretty neat. I really love how crazy Harley Quinn still is.

I'm currently playing the game on Easy mode & I just defeated Joker's deformed henchman. Pretty good boss battle, even though I almost died in the process. Great game.

I must ask: How do I play the Riddler's Challenges? Also, since I have the Game of the Year edition, is the DLC free to download? I'm referring to the Joker's Challenge map & a couple of others. I just need to make sure.

16. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

Been playing a lot of Berserk and the Band of the Hawk on ps4.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

17. Cunning Condor

Cunning Condor Unfriendly Cartoonist

The last day in Persona 4 is a rainy 3/20.

Which just happens to be todays date. And it's raining.

And I beat it just now.

Now THAT'S a story to tell.

18. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

Minecraft, lots of minecraft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Viper

Here's what I've been playing lately:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)--I completed the story mode & I just got my first complete minikit in free play mode. I also managed to complete a few side missions on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier as well.

LEGO Jurassic World (PS3)--Pretty fun game so far. I'm halfway through "Park Shutdown".

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (PS3)--A really fun game considering you only get to play as Flint. It's still nice to hear dialogue from the other characters including pretty Sam Sparks herself. I completed three parts of Act One so far. There will still be plenty to complete once all the gadgets get fully upgraded.

20. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Vanquish hit PC today and I am loving every single minute of it.

[​IMG]