The "What'cha Been Playin'?" Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by JohnCrichton, Aug 5, 2007.

1. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

I've been playing Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

I have been playing some Call of Duty 2 and 3 recently because of my attempts to finish those games in a fast amount of time.

3. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Idol Time Countdown!

I've been playing idol games such as PriPara and Aikatsu, as well as the Rollercoaster Tycoon series.

4. jaylop97

I've been playing the Yugioh GX GBA game, it is pretty fun.

5. DonaldDaffy

DonaldDaffy New Member

I've been playing Grand Theft Auto IV recently. It's a better game than GTA V considering that in IV, you actually feel like a criminal.

6. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Batman Arkham City (PS3)
    I don't know why, but the camera started acting up and dancing hard in arenas in Riddler's Revenge.
    Resetting the game doesn't help, I tried it a few times.

7. jaylop97

I've been playing a good mixture of Street Fighter alpha 2 selecting Zangief and Gen, and Street fighter 3: 3rd strike with Hugo and Urien.

8. Gatordragon

Gatordragon "In the end, I will reign supreme"

I've been playing a lot of Paladins and Rocket League lately. In Paladins, I've been trying a little bit of everyone, but I especially like playing as Bomb King. His bombs do major damage and he has a surprisingly agile bomb jump. In Rocket League, I've been playing nothing but rumble mode. I can't get enough of those crazy gadgets.

9. ReyToon R3

ReyToon R3 New Member

Playing ALOT of Dragon Quest 7.
    It's a pretty fun game, though getting the job classes will take awhile (25 hours into the game in my case). Have a lot more of the game to go and I see myself sinking a lot hours into it

10. jaylop97

Rayman Raving Rabbids, I really do enjoy playing those little missions they can be really fun, I have been playing it for a couple of days and I am halfway done.

11. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

I've been playing Majora's Mask 3D. At the canyons now.

12. jaylop97

I've been playing Primal Rage on the Super Nintendo mainly with Blizzard, the only problem I have with the game though is a lot of the times they always fall on air which just gets a little annoying for the gameplay.

13. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Spider-Man 2 (PS2)
    I have a newfound appreciation for some of the older titles of 2 generations past, particularly when it comes to this Spider-Man game and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (still haven't played Lament of Innocence).
    It feels both weird and amazing, a 2 years old game has a lame boss fight against Shocker, while this 12 years old game has cooler boss battles against the same super villain, sure you use the same basic tactic of attack then dodge his attacks, but the difference in mechanics, the arena space, the soundtrack, the voice of choice and delivery of quips (I admit that Sam Reigil is the superior voice actor of the two, but he's terrible with quips, Tobey Maguire did them better, even with the bad vocal performance), the atmosphere.

A final note:
    While some of the free roam mechanics are more impressive here (wall jumps, web swinging, the longer jump distances, swinging from helicopters), and it has smoother and more consistent frame rate, I still prefer Spider-Man 3 from the same developers.

14. Magus

Magus The Boss

Final Fantasy 15
    While I wouldn't call it my favorite Final Fantasy (that's between 4 and 8) it's definitely a fun one. I've yet to delve into the story. Hell, I'm only at the part where I first started fishing, and even then I doubled back to the town beforehand and just did my first night time hunt. The combat is certainly no Devil May Cry, and from what I'm seeing you can go in swinging till your heart's content, but I like the warp-strikes. If anything, Ascension can be a bit daunting (no problem for me) because there are so many options and it turns into "where do I start". Can't speak much about the 4 characters yet. The Regalia on the other hand, that's sum luxury car. Turned mine white.

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
    Pretty much done with Street Fighter 5. I just hate how Capcom are handling it which is unfortunate because at it's core it's so fun. It reminds me of SF3. I'm trying to remain patient for the characters but my patience ran out (especially if they won't release them all in one go). I might come back to it if there's a character for me, but I'm gonna put that on the back burner. Which brings me to USF4. Also gonna put this on the back burner for a while. This game is dead (might still have a small scene on X360). Anyway, I've never tried Makoto before so I'm gonna give her a try. I find her to be the scariest character in USF4, and she's considered top tier in 3rd Strike so, yeah.

Yugioh - Legacy of the Duelist
    This one is more of a guilty pleasure. Believe it or not, but Yugioh was what got me into message boards and anime (with a bit of help from Rurouni Kenshin and DBZ). Anyway, if Konami did this game the same way they the Tag Force series I think it would've been better, not to mention a longer story considering you're going through all the generations of Yugioh. I do like that the banlist is up-to-date, but you can also play with no restrictions. I only play campaign. The meta is too wild for me to attempt online and I haven't kept up with the cards since 2006... I'm trying to play this Synchron deck, but man there are way too many combos to remember. I've always been used to First turn kill decks, but almost every deck seems like it can kill on first turn so I'm fine with the campaign lol.

15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've been playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. It is enjoyable, but I do get frustrated with how easily I get lost in some of the levels. The graphics are great and the gameplay is nice, but there are some solutions that aren't so clear to me that makes some of the levels twice as long. That could be just me being unfamiliar with how the first game played out, as I don't even have a Game Cube, but it's a nice game.

16. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. I love using pulse lasers and SRMs to brawl guys and just wreak havoc everywhere.

17. Lynx Animation

Lynx Animation New Member

Hungry shark. Lately I'm playing only on my mobile phone, short games to pass the time while waiting for something.

18. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Went through Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 this month, and I started Ratchet & Clank (2016) on Christmas.

19. jaylop97

Mortal kombat 9 Komplete Edition, currently just playing story mode while being stuck in Smokes chapter right now.

20. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

Been playing a lot of One Piece Burning Blood for Ps4.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk