1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The "What'cha Been Playin'?" Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by JohnCrichton, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Magus

Magus The Boss

Talk about a game I haven't heard talked about in a long time. While I've never played it myself I did have a buddy that talked about and played Vagrant Story 24/7. It's probably blasphemous at this point (being 31 and still haven't played it). I should probably remedy that and download it some day, if I can ever find the time and whatnot (I have a huge backlog of games that's steady getting bigger)

Anyway I went back to playing Warrior's Orochi 3. Good fun. Had a lot of stress building up and it helped a bit.

Finally got my copy of Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator. Currently installing it as we speak. I probably should've got it on the ps3 since I have a fightstick on it, but whatever. Can't wait to try out Johnny (been thinking about Slayer as well). Been hearing a lot of good things about Revelator. Good tutorial. Improved netcode. Lobby is great. Tons to do.

As for what next on my to buy list. Not sure. Might wait till next month to buy (re-buy) the Arkham games. Until then I'll try to narrow my backlog if I don't get too caught up with Guilty Gear (highly doubtful though since most if not all my time playing games is spent on fighting games)

2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon You are a pebble against a mountain!

Recently I've been playing the beta for Dead by Daylight, or as I like to call it, "what a Friday the 13th video game should be like". You either play as a survivor or the killer and I've found both to be interesting experiences. Playing as a survivor is tense but exciting as you try to evade killer and find a way out of the map. Playing as the killer is empowering as you track down and kill the survivors before they can escape. I enjoyed it so much that I preordered the full version, which will come out on the 14th of June.

3. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Spider-Man 3 (PC)
    The hate this game continuously receives is extraordinary, and still makes me shake my head.
    I see its flaws, I see what makes it a disappointing sequel to Spider-Man 2, I see how different copies have different frame rate, I see how slower this Spider-Man is compared to games released after it, I see how there are plenty of QTE sequences, some which are completely unnecessary, and I see how sometimes it is so fast it feels like it requires you to press the button before the command appears in those screens, I see the short cutscenes, the weird model designs, the awkward animation.
    But a lot of the complaints the game received are like "you know how all these games have all these qualities in common? This game has them too, to a similar extent, let's use them to pick the game apart and call it a terribly tragic piece of existence in video games.". And more often than not I see the good things introduced in this game ignored when people talk about it.
    So I just don't get the hate, despite all its flaws, despite what it lacks compared to the two open worlds before it in terms of street missions, this one remains to this date my favorite Spider-Man game, and I want the Insomniac game to top this for me so badly,I've been longing for a Spider-Man game I could enjoy more for 8 years.
    Just to say my very awkward, yet honest opinion:
    Some of the reasons Batman Arkham City is my favorite superhero game is it has certain qualities in common with my favorite Spider-Man game, like seeing more to the thugs than just fighting them, New Game+ (too bad that only happens once in both games, and both are there own modes), that guy in a factory I can either respond to his call for help then hit him for attacking me, or completely ignore his plight for rescuing and just move on, standing on the shield of a shield carrying thug in BAC reminds me of the blue indicator for the Apocalypse big guy and how responding to it correctly makes me step on his stop post and turn the attack on him, riding a titan after hitting him so much then use him to attack reminds me a bit of riding Rhino in SM3.
    I realize the great difference in quality of both productions, but I still think the lesser one is a decent-good game on its own, and is -to me anyway- close to being equally fun.

4. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Mighty No. 9.

It sucks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Miyamoto Musashi

LEGO BATMAN 3: BEYOND GOTHAM
    Been over a year since I first completed this 100% the first time, forgot how to find my way at certain places.
    It seems I might end up enjoying this more than LEGO Batman 2 this time, but the abrupt end and restart of both Wonder Woman and Superman themes are annoying, something when established in LB2, was done right.

6. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

With Sonic's 25th being a day away, late last month I began playing through all of the games (that I have).

Played through the originals + CD (best ones easily), 3D Blast (hated it), the Adventure series (They have NOT aged well, I'll never understand how they're still considered good games. With that said, I kinda like but dislike them at the same time.), Heroes (good), Shadow (edgy), the first two Sonic Riders (the first was eh, but Zero Gravity was fun) and right now I'm on Sonic 06 (a gaming masterpiece, it's so bad it's good IMO). After 06 I'll have to play through Unleashed, Sonic 4, and last Generations.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

It's summer and better be athletic, and with that I am playing some NHL, Madden and Fifa games, like Madden 10, NHL 09 and Fifa 15 mainly on the Xbox 360 and to me I have a good time playing them because it is fun to train the teams and learn a little about sports doing so.

8. Miyamoto Musashi

SPIDER-MAN 3 (PSP)
    This is a weak game, but I enjoy it.
    I can't help but compare this game to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game developed by Beenox (another weak game I enjoy). Lack of the Hero/Menace scale is something it did better, swinging is better, not many annoying cutscenes before or after street missions, Spider-Man knows when to shut up, and there is also the fact that I like the voice of Toby Maguire as Spider-Man more than Sam Reigal's, even if Donatello does a better job, he's just annoying with quips, something Toby is better at.
    It even has a better variety of street missions.

9. Gatordragon

I've been having fun playing Dead by Daylight. Playing as a survivor gives a tense, stealthy survival experience while playing as the killer gives an empowering action role. Either way, it feels great when you outsmart a human-controlled enemy (and embarrassing when you get outsmarted).

Yesterday while playing as the killer, I left none of the survivors alive. They thought they could outsmart me, but they thought wrong. I had a devious grin when I caught one of them hiding in a locker.

I also played as a survivor and managed to escape with my entire group. It was fun when at one point, I found a fellow survivor and she started following me like I was a leader. She assisted me in getting the exits open and when the killer caught her, I distracted the killer long enough for her to wriggle free. That killer was so dumb that when the exits were open, he guarded one exit while us survivors escaped through the other one and he was none the wiser.

10. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

Playing XCOM Enemy Within (iOS)

The iPad version of the game, which is surprisingly almost like the console or computer versions. The differences is less cutscenes (the interrogation scenes are cut) and it lacks the DLCs. But overall, its a great game to play on the iPad. The gameplay is the same, and is addictive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gatordragon

Hey, I have that game for PC! [​IMG] I'm only playing the base game at the moment, but it's fun. I do save scum a lot because I'm a little too attached to my soldiers and I hate seeing them die.

I didn't know there was a mobile version. Nice to know that it plays similar to the regular versions.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

Yeah, I also save scum as well. Even on easy, Xcom is still a hard game.

13. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Been replaying Deus ex human revolution to prepare for mankind divided and let me tell you something 5 yrs later and I still find new passage ways the level design is amazing

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

14. keogamer

keogamer New Member

Had GG XRD Reavaltor for minute game is vaslty improved from XRD. Does tutorial and mision mode realy well, But I must confess Im just not fan of the game entirely. I still prefer blazblue because outside of each character drive system, I feel Blazblue is still more tamed in fighter aspect as not one side dominate over the other. IN XRD or Guilty gear playing offensive has away been the winnign strategy and XRd does sightly to change that. Blitzshield is nice but not really great when offensive and mix up made even stronger it does do much. dead angle still hella weak tool and unless yoru character was bless with awesome reversal. I think GGAC Slashback was still better. It was more useful with higher pay off.

After my experince with Examu and frenchbread fighter recent Nitro + Blaster or Dengeki bunko fight climax, i prefer my fighter to have system that favors one type of game play. most ASW fighter ( outside of Battle fantasia)always punished passive and defensive player and I just see very little justification behind it. Why is ASW alpha counter is very expensive and only reset the fight back to neutral which is driven by using meter to get an edge a fight. Other fighter allow other strategy to have their place with more rewards and rushdown does't suffer so Simply can't learn to appreciate vast majority of ASW game because I find its design archaic by this point. I admit ASW GG was the foundation for anime fighter as Capcom SF2 was the foundation of the 2d fighter genre in general but other series made progression with them usually being better.

Beside that I;ve been playing Yaiba ninja gaiden z and find the game slightly underrated. Its well design action arcade action game with just few graphical glitches. Infune trademark design lends it self well to this game. I notice most hate the game for its "difficulty" which is don't hard at all. my current play thru I played the game in hard mode and did not bother with collectible power ups or using any perk and now at the final boss.Its challenging but no where difficult. You have just enough to get by and still play well. This game strategy is play well and it will reward you. unlike previous ninja gaiden game where you have to grind material and stuff to over come challenges, on top of puzzle. Team ninja just love to have player grind stuff out and I admit its ok for some people but I generally don't like them so not having to be force to do this in ninja gaiden yiaba z was nice.

15. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

Hi, everyone. I haven't been to this thread in quite some time. I still enjoy playing console & handheld video games. However, these days I play a lot of games on Facebook such as Candy Crush Saga, Slotomania, & City Girl Life which has become my favorite. Times sure have changed since this thread started about 10 years ago.

Anyway, here's my progress on a couple of console games I played with lately.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)--I'm still currently in story mode. I really had a lot of fun playing the LEGO versions of the X-Men characters including Storm & Jean Grey. I'm now at the part with the Fantastic Four to defeat Dr. Doom. Sue Storm-Richards still looks lovely as a LEGO character.

Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection (PS3)--I had a chance to try it & it's great! I also got my first trophy achievement by setting a high score on the Tales of the Arabian Knights table which is my favorite. Medieval Madness pinball is a lot of fun too.

16. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Been playing Super Mario RPG on the Wii U virtual console. I'm at Bowser's Keep. Fun game, but platforming and isometric viewpoint wasn't a good idea.

17. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

I just downloaded Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 for the PS3 from the Playstation Store. I had a chance to try it & it's a lot of fun! The lock-on feature is pretty good. It's just as enjoyable as the original Sonic games I've known for a long time.:)

18. Gatordragon

I've been playing Evolve: Stage 2 recently. Even with tutorials and training with bots, fighting against human players is no cakewalk. Regardless, I've managed to gather enough in-game money to permanently buy some hunters and monsters. So far, Bucket is my favorite hunter because of his snark and useful support abilities. The Kraken is my favorite monster to play as because he can fly and rain down lightning bolts.

19. Skribbler

Skribbler Animation Addict

I've been playing Starfox Adventure on my GCN. It's such a beautiful underrated game:(

20. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Yoshi's Woolly World. It's probably the best Yoshi game since the first Yoshi's Island.

I'd rank the series like this:
    Yoshi's Island > Yoshi's Woolly World > Yoshi's New Island > Yoshi's Island DS >>>>>>>>>>> Yoshi's Story.