1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The "What'cha Been Playin'?" Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by JohnCrichton, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Sonic Advance
    Amy is the hardest to play with, her spinning hammer attack often doesn't land the blow it should.

2. D-nice is the man.

Well, over the past Winter, I got Sonic Lost World for the Wii U, and I managed to beat the game around the day before Christmas Eve. It was a overall okay game but not perfect, I even have the 3DS version of the game which also wan't easy. at one Point (on the Wii U game) I frustrated in trying to beat the level: Sky Road Zone 4. but I did manage to beat it, final boss, etc.

3. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

Project x zone, it's nice someone still cares for capcom and Sega characters, too bad it's Namco. Maybe if they can add Konami characters to project X zone three that would be awesome.

4. Magus

Magus The Boss

Mass Effect 1 - Decided to finally start up my ME1 run again on the ps3. But I seemed to recall beating this about 2 weeks ago. My only gripe with it is that there are more (A LOT more) technical hiccups on the ps3 than the xbox 360. Granted I already knew this but I wasn't expecting it to be as bad. It's no uplayable at all, but it's definitely annoying. Anyway, male paragon, soldier, I saved the council with Anderson becoming a part of the council.

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike - Can't keep me away from this one for too long. Just been dabbling with Dudley combos though.

Street Fighter 5 - The bulk of my gaming time has went to this (along with watching it as well). With Guile and Alex being out now and some of the problems addressed the game is getting better. I will say it is still bad to watch lower level players because you really aren't learning anything. A lot of people seem to be neutral jump happy, jab jab happy, and shimmy happy. The scene is shaping up to be pretty interesting. I've settled with Ken and Karin as the characters I'll be playing but I've also become interested in Necalli, Laura (bae, the first and only time you'll ever see me say something like that about a videogame character) and Mika. It's safe to say that I've warmed up to the cast, but am still waiting for Dudley.

Mass Effect 2 - Currently playing this as we speak on the ps3. I was expecting technical hiccups, but again I wasn't expecting this much. Just finished recruiting Mordin and about to pick up Garrus.

5. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

I've been playing some Ratchet & Clank 2016 and Street Fighter V lately.

6. Magus

Magus The Boss

Played a little bit of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. I used to play the Ultimate Ninja games back on the PS2, but it's been so long. I think I play Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, but I can't recall too much of it. Anyway, I'm trying to get used to the controls. Feels a bit weird at the moment.

Street Fighter 5
    Karin and Ken are some fun characters to use and at the moment they feel like the closest to Dudley I'm gonna get. Ken is strongest in your face and in the corner and Karin has resets for days, which is why I like Dudley. The only thing that's missing is the impact of feeling a punch and right now Alex, Necalli and Ryu have that, but for me the problem with Alex and Necalli is that they are charge characters and I'm terrible with charging. Ryu on the otherhand, I'm leaning towards adding to my character choices.

Guy and Yun were just recently shown and I might be getting a character suiting me coming next year afterall.

Ultra Street Fighter 4
    Started playing this again as well.

7. keogamer

keogamer New Member

This month been heavily Playing

MeltyBlood actress Again, trying to get strong but the competition is fierce even with its small community.

Yatagarasu Attack on cataclysm, My game play has gotten more competent and no longing fighting to control my character but now can focus on outwitting my opponent. Learnong Kotaru has been uphill battle but she has discpline me to be mindful of my gameplay more since she lack traditional options.

Naruto ninja storm to me has;nt catch my interest since they decided to remove some mechanics, I prefer refine mechanics then additional characters.

Streetfighte5 as Necali main, You actually don't have to focus on his charge too much (savage rush), Its is his ideal combo ender for damage but if you can substitute for his dp , you'll you get better oki but less damage. You wont be using necali charge very often outside of punishing projectile or laggy moves. it can be use to close distance and start your pressure but its should be done sparely from the get go as few character can challenge it or risk whiff. Necali is character who punishes hard (savage rush, v-skill) and keeps a strong pressure with frame traps (Medium/hard nomals, foot stomp). He wont be opening people up as easily but he will make people pay for pushing button at bad times.

But Ryu is more well rounded.

Ultra street fighter is solid game and disappointing how the FGC trying to ..leave it behind.

8. Magus

Magus The Boss

I'm not too familiar with the mechanics in the Naruto series. From playing about 30 mins. of it, I'd say it feels more button mashy than anything (perhaps I'm too used to the traditional fighting games), but at the same time I've also been watching a youtuber; Afro Senju play online and while I'm kind of learning it, I've been mostly entertained.

That's a nice rundown for Necalli. In the back of my head I knew he wasn't exactly a charge character, but the thought of him having a move that requires charging (that seems useful) just had me thinking very hard about it. I'll definitely give him a shot though.

Very disappointing how the FGC is leaving USF4 behind. I still think it's a good game but FADC's and 1-frame links just made it daunting (I personally never minded Vortexes and 50-50's). Just trying to get FADC and tight links down was my demon.

9. Gatordragon

Gatordragon You are a pebble against a mountain!

Gatordragon: Saving teammates from certain death!

10. keogamer

keogamer New Member

So had the Opportunity to Play Dust: An Elysian Tale. The game is pretty great for what it is. The story is simple but dialogue is engaging. Combat is also Simple but had to crank the difficulty to get any fulfillment from the repetition. It was wise of them to give a chain bar so their was incentive to play effectively to the mechanics well. The Dust storm Technics adds some interesting puzzle to deal with. I only got to chapter 2 but the game is over all enjoyable.

Magical Batte Festa: This game is arena brawler that has a lot of stuff going on but you wouldn't know it unless you were looking for it and that where the game problem lies. The game teaches you the controls but not how to use these mechanics in tandem. I was able to ploy thrue 80% of the story mood until near the end where difficulty spike cranks up high and force to master the mechanics of the game. It was fun but during the other time when i just mashed my way thrue story mode was unfilling. The premise is'nt great as its very typical anime fanfare which i care little for but it does it job of giving character development. This is one of those game that it playesd to safe with it A.I and should have made the game hard so people would learn master the mechanics because most people right it off as button masher.

Yatagarasu: A diamond in ruff as far FG go. Its Fighter that offer just enough to be good. Is pretty much SF3S with slight SNK influence. It follow SF3s template of being ground Footsie base fighter that offers a parry mechanic, ex commands, Super. What it offer different though is it Button lay out more akin to SNK games with two punches and two kick, additionally their is parry button for each, expanded universal command sets Via unblockable attack, Overheads, different techs ect. And the gameplay is over all faster presenting more well rounded yet faster SF3s experince. The rooster is much smaller but this actually keep the game more balance.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting climax Ignition: Another fighter made from the People who made melty blood and Under night in birth (Frenchbread). This Game was their attempt to create a very lenient t fighter. They accomplished this by making command input universal, and offer vareirty of move with clash property. To keep this interesting they also have assist with variety of usage. This game had moderate success with anime fans but not FG fans. . It was only after the Update did FG enthusiastic started to pay attention to this game since the game introduce Ignition system. The Ignition system bring a very interesting concept to the fighter via Advantage boost. After a round both player must select power boost to one of the following (Character, Assist, Or Blast) This allow for some interesting strategy for player as the ignition advantage not only boost state bu also alter mechanics.

11. Magus

Magus The Boss

Decided to put the capcom games aside for a moment. Going through a character crisis (oh dear God, here we go) in Street Fighter 5.

Blazblue: Chronophantasm Extend
    One thing I've always like about the air dashing fighters is the amount of freedom you have. I played the original Chronophantasm for about 2 days and stopped mainly because my friends didn't seem to be interested in it, but I'm gonna give it another shot, especially with Central Fiction coming out some day. I've always been interested in Jin and Hazama mainly because of the aesthetics alone.

Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign
    I'm coming back to this gorgeous looking game although I wanted to wait for Revelator mainly because I want to play as Johnny, but Sol is good enough and the depth is there to keep me going for quite some time.

A game I can't wait to get my hands on his Tekken 7: Fated Retribution. I should've never dropped the Tekken series to begin with (started with Tekken 3), but I lost quite a bit of interested in it when I got my hands on Tekken 5, but lost interest in 3D fighters completely eventually. But that's all in the past. Tekken 7 has me stoked about getting into the series again. Definitely want to play as Jin and Hworang. So far I'm hearing that both of them are pretty hard to play, but I look forward to the challenge. I also want to play as Lars along with maybe Bryan and Kazuya. One thing I've always appreciated with the Tekken series is the impact of the hits. Characters in Tekken hit so hard that it make you react (by saying ouch, or flinching when the hit is connecting). That's why I liked Dudley so much in Ultra Street Fighter 4.

12. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I have currently played Madden 2012 with my Brother, and we are both just making quite a strong Lions team.
    And playing Primal Rage in the SNES version, and to me I was always fond of the Sega Saturn version.

13. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Finished Firewatch. Ending kinda sucked.

14. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (Gameboy Advance)
    This non-canon game to the series titled is my favorite Castlevania on the system, I love it so much I made a longplay series dedicated to Fighter Mode, and I started the Game Facts series with this game. Here's the link if you wish to watch it, please tell me what you think.

Bubble Trouble (a.k.a) Bust a Move 3 (Classic Gameboy)
    This one is a cute favorite of mine.

Ultimate Spider-Man (Gameboy Advance)
    My first time ever beating Carnage in this game, is while recording. I did win against him once using cheats, but this is my first time finishing the fight without relying on cheats.

Spider-Man: Battle for New York (Gameboy Advance)
    I really like this one. For the two GBA games based on Ultimate comics, I tried to be creative with thumbnails, something other than using the box art and going part 1, part 2, etc... it was fun making those thumbnails, and the chapter art helped with that.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Nintendo DS)
    This is the game I started playing recently, currently playing original mode, normal difficulty.
    Honestly; I am a fan of Castlevania games, I really like some of the linear games, I enjoyed the Lords of Shadows duology quite a bit (still haven't tried to complete the Mirror of Fate one, though it's available on Steam), but I prefer the older games, mostly sidescrolling ones.
    I am a HUGE fan of the Metroid styled Castlevania games (Metroidvanias), and they make some of my all time favorite games, this one in particular is my ABSOLUTE favorite in the series, the dual play, not sucking MP while flying, that it's a direct sequel to my favorite linear game in the series (Bloodlines, otherwise known as The New Generation), the great cues from Rondo of Blood, Richter mode (which is difficult to unlock, Richter is a difficult boss), switching between the duo, the variety of weapons, the variety of whips....
    I'm baffled as to why this game is strongly disliked by some of the series fans, I can understand some of the gripes they may have, but it's not hate worthy.

15. ReyToon R3

ReyToon R3 New Member

Recently been playing thorough a lot of Pokemon White version, since it was one of the few Pokemon games that I skipped, and I've got to say it's pretty fun.

Besides that Fire Emblem: Fates has been eating away at my soul, fun game as well!

16. Gatordragon

Gatordragon You are a pebble against a mountain!

Recently I've been playing Dirty Bomb. It's a nice free-to-play multiplayer FPS. My favorite characters are Aura and Fletcher because people really appreciate Aura's healing abilities and Fletcher has sticky bombs.

I've also been goofing around in Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Since I have most of my abilities, I've been playing around with the nemesis system and completing achievements.

17. Harley

Harley Embarassment Ninja
    Staff Member Administrator

Vagrant Story. I can't remember why I didn't finish it back in the PS1 days, but I didn't. Probably work. So, kicking through it on my PS Vita. Gonna beat that game this time around. Still love it.

18. Action!

Action! Active Member

19. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I have recently found my N64 and several games that came with it, and so far I have played Goldeneye 007, Mortal Kombat trilogy and Mission impossible, it was a longtime that I have used that N64 remote it was difficult at first to play but somehow like a bike I managed to never forget.