1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The "What'cha Been Playin'?" Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by JohnCrichton, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

I've been playing an exceptional amount of Rocket League last week. The five minute games are intense as all get out and makes me incredibly hot blooded. I love listening to my workout playlist while playing this game because it makes me even more pumped! [​IMG]

In Awesomenauts, I've been having a severe losing streak lately, dropping me into the lower leagues. I should probably wait until the new matchmaking system comes out next month, but old habits die hard. Recently I've played as Admiral Swiggins, a 'naut I've haven't played in months and broke my losing streak with him! Here's a video of my match.

2. Magus

Magus The Boss

Ultra Street Fighter 4 - Yeah, I'm gonna stick with this and 3rd Strike until Capcom completes SFV. I'll probably be a year behind, but so be it. Anyway, I'm not gonna dwell on SF5 for the time being. More training mode stuff basically as Dudley (got a little bit of Ryu in there as well). Hitting his basic combo a lot more consistently now. I'm also trying to work on playing rushdown more efficiently as Dudley (basically keeping up the pressure, forcing my opponent to push the wrong button). I also gotta work on some of Dudley's harder hitting combos along with his punish combos. I also worked on whiff punishing a bit as well which is kind of hard especially when you're trying to set the dummy to be a little random with it's pokes.

3. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

So after playing the heck outta Batman: Arkham Knight, I decided to play through Mass Effect again, though starting with the second game. Finished that, and now well into Mass Effect 3. I just love the Citadel dlc and the opportunity to spend time with characters we've gotten to know over the 3 games. Eagerly looking forward to whenever we get Mass Effect: Andromeda.

4. Gatordragon

The Awesomenauts: Overdrive expansion came out yesterday and after spending several hours playing the three new 'Nauts, I'd say it was worth the nine dollars I spent on it. [​IMG] I'm bummed that the new matchmaking system isn't here yet, but I guess I can endure the current matchmaking a while longer.

Here's a video of me playing on a team with all three Overdrive 'Nauts on it. The enemy team put one heck of a fight; just the way I like it!

5. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

Aliens: CM, Fallout 3 and AVP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I've been playing Top Gear 2 and Xmen Mutant Apocalypse on the Super Nintendo.

7. Gatordragon

The best victories are the ones you don't mean to happen. Case in point:

8. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Done with the main story behind Pokemon Yellow
    Moved to another of my favorites Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

Going by the story of the anime OVA for both Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV, both versions display great differences.
    Who knows, the upcoming SF V might be a complete new game, maybe with Arcade mode included.

9. jaylop97

Yeah that is one of the reasons why I would not buy SFV, because the arcade mode is a staple in fighting games and the other content is still pretty weak for the game currently.

Otherwise right now im playing Pokémon Sapphire.

10. Action!

Action! Active Member

11. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

I have been playing a lot of Transformer Devastations and Minecraft lately.

12. Magus

Magus The Boss

No doubt. I think there were suppose be a March update patch that suppose to have more modes and whatnot (although it's basically near the end of the month and nothing).

As for the actual Street Fighter story/lore, I'm actually pretty far behind. I haven't watched anything Street Fighter related since the Alpha movie(s). My love for the series has always been because of the actual fighting and characters (Necalli is starting to interest me).

While I'm on the subject of Street Fighter V I did cave in and ended up buying it, played a little bit of it and while I'm not completely sold on it I am impressed with it. I just need that character to really keep me interested and right now there's no one. I also watched a bit of the Final Round (I think 19 or 20) tournament this past weekend. For the most part at a high level Street Fighter V is awesome, but getting to top 16, man it's a snooze (from a spectator perspective). I totally get why people are loving this game, especially the old school players. It's a footsie heavy game. Me, ah, I don't care about that (although, I will say that when you see someone with amazing spacing/footsies it can be a treat to see). I'm more into the flashy combos and that's where the game is lacking, and trying to watch a tourney without the flash just to wait all day to see top level footsie play... Not my cup.

I am hoping Dudley will make it into this game before the year is out, but from the sound of it, it don't sound like that's going to happen. Alex is suppose to be with this "March" update.... Yeah.

Sorry, I know, tl;dr

13. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

GTA Advance
    I'll try my best to play story missions without using guns or stealing cars.

And I'd really appreciate it if you watch my channel videos I link to, ads on, and maybe tell others about it. I'm unable to land on a job, resorted to YouTube to earn a living, if you use adblock then no ads, no cash.

14. superspidey2257

superspidey2257 Your Friendly Neighbourhood Forum User

I am currently going through most of the pokemon series on my nintendo ds emulator but it is virtually impossible to get a proper save file without it stuffing up due to how many cheats I have put in.

15. SweetJammer

SweetJammer Gotta move on~

Jet set radio, future. Love it, hate the camera angles lol. Good story and music.

16. jaylop97

Sonic 2006 currently for me, just love the glitches that can be performed. Also playing Rayman 1 on the Playstation.

17. Gatordragon

In Awesomenauts, I've been experimenting with builds for the Starstorm 'Nauts to see which ones work for me. Skree is currently my favorite main. His area control abilities really catch enemies off guard.

I've also been playing Hotline Miami. Nobody told me how hard this game is.

18. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

Hi, everyone. I haven't been to this thread in a very long time. Here's what I've been playing recently:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)--I made it through Part 6 in Story Mode where I managed to beat Red Skull.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS3)--I'm currently in Wonderland while playing in Beginner's Mode. I'm trying to accomplish two achievements: complete the game without using a continue & without changing Keyblades nor armor/clothing.

19. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I've been engrossed with Hyper Light Drifter for the past few days. I just finished the final boss and whoo boy, was it exhilarating. The game is maaaaaaaaaad difficult, but getting the upgrades (especially the chain dash and anything that reflects bullets) and figuring out enemy patterns and reaction really does make it bearable. I found while I did die a lot and I could never increase my HP, the game never reached the point where I felt it was unfair or infuriating enough to call it quits. The game is just hard enough and that's a balance I don't often feel with games.

I might go back and try and find all the secrets now.

20. jaylop97

After finding one of the first video games I have ever owned Call of duty 2, I have decided to play it again, for the most part its been a blast finishing levels at fast speeds, and doing some glitches in the game, though it really is hard to see it in the bright because for the most part everything is to dark to normally see.

21. Gatordragon

Rocket League came out with a new basketball mode and it is weird fun. First it was soccer with cars, then it was hockey with cars and now it's this. What's next, sumo wrestling with cars?

I've been playing Lakeview Cabin Collection again and I'm still trying to beat the first episode. The first killer is a b[​IMG] to take down, even with preparations. I dropped a huge crate on him, set him on fire, dropped a weather vane on him, and it wasn't until I crashed a motorcycle into him that he finally died. Then the killer's father showed up and I didn't have enough weaponry to take him out. I need a better plan if I'm to finish episode one. [​IMG]