"The Walking Dead" Season Eight Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Space Cadet, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]

A new season of AMC's highest rated show airs tonight at 9 PM Eastern. Here's the synopsis:

Episode 8.01: "Mercy"

2. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

I believe this was a great season premier to start with - possibly the 2nd best premier I've seen after the S5 premier. Almost every character active in the show appeared (didn't see the junkyard dogs), Judith aged a lil bit. Hoping for even if just "one" instance this current season we have some dialogue from her - excluding the dream sequences. We still are uncertain to the whereabouts of namely Sherry and Heath.

Caught onto some of the homages from past episodes but not all of them. Totally missed Carol and the flower bits. The only two really that I did catch onto was Rick telling Negan if he's going to make him count. A homage of the premier last season of course but still a funny lil one. The only other easily noticed was the herd surrounding where Negan and Gabriel are trapped with the aerial pan-out. I caught onto others as mentioned in Talking Dead.

I'll be curious as to Gregory's future on the show. Pushed down the stairs by Simon, then gets away in the vehicle Gabriel had. Figure he's lost his chance to get back into Hilltop so what does he do from there? Would The Sanctuary actually let him back in? Shoot, he could try and keep his way there to be reunited with that painting Simon took back a while ago. Maggie is definitely Hilltop's choice. I enjoyed the declaration of such and Gregory's reaction toward that - as if he had a say in the matter.

Curious about the guy Carl left food and a sorry note for whether he's a savior or somebody else. Was fun watching Carl trying to detect the whereabouts of him chatting. Thought he might ambush Carl but Rick stepped in in good time. Hope he enjoys his food.

I liked the whole planning of venturing over to The Sanctuary, but more to the point, the plan involving Morgan, Daryl, Carol and Tara elsewhere. Fun to watch Daryl on his bike setting off the explosives - especially the one referred to on TD as "Dix-plosion".

I think my favorite part of the episode though was the gathering of people from Alexandria, Hilltop and Kingdom as Rick, Maggie and Ezekiel taking center stage with their addressing for the upcoming war. It felt very good whatever dangers end up being. I wont take away from Negan and his people outside when they all arrived, but just the speeches given made me feel more optimistic for this season than the last.

3. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]

A new episode airs tonight at 9 PM Eastern. Here's the synopsis:

Episode 8.02: "The Damned"

4. Dan's Revenge

Another great episode leading off with a lot of action, and hardly any let-ups throughout the episode, very-very action packed!

Not too much I took out of this episode except I wonder if Eric will survive and if Morgan is the FTWD version of Daniel, and then a couple Rick moments...

1] Gracie. I paused my eating during this cause I wasn't sure if the writers had the gull for Rick to take away the life of an infant. I didn't believe that'd be the case, so happy Rick had some sense to ignore her - only problem, she's now indefinitely ignored as it appears. Say goodnight, Gracie. I'd like the chance Gracie appears in the show again though unless we perhaps bear witness what a walker baby looks like.

2] Morales... wow. Never expected to see him. I made a pure assumption he and his family would simply remain as an unknown status. After the treats from episode 100 last week, #101 gives us another. Too bad though he ends up being a savior. Hopefully we hear about life from Atlanta to now as like me, many will be curious to know the backstory.

To add on... never saw Negan or Gabriel in this episode. Would have liked to know how they were coping since being trapped. Obviously others didn't appear but at least let us see Negan taunt Gabriel. :p

5. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 8.03: "Monsters"

6. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

The way some of the people are being very ruthless, it's getting hard to root for Rick's side. Shame how the baby's father was killed for protecting his daughter. And Rick gave his word to spare that guy and Darryl kills him anyway, despite giving Rick what he needed.

7. Dan's Revenge

Anti-climatic death for Morales I thought. Not exactly sure what other kind of death he could have had, but was expecting him to go much later. At least we got [obvious] confirmation of his family's deaths, though I'd of been interested in a little more detail.

Comic relief with Gregory returning to Hilltop. I suppose I can accept Maggie letting him back in as I'll be intrigued to see how others side from those we saw by the gate confront him if at all. Way to take action Maggie! Good stuff.

The Paul/Morgan fight... hmm... Morgan may be losing it a bit, though he used to be like that but now it's no mercy.

I'm with ShadowBeast a little bit into how violent Rick's side is - unfortunately though it's a full-on "kill or be killed" scenario and no chances against the saviors will be taken. Too bad about Todd though being killed, seemed like a pleasant fellow despite shooting at/toward Rick for attention.

Well done Kingdomers in not losing one of your ranks!................... until eeeyah. I do enjoy Ezekiel's character a lot though but next week's episode seems sort of bleak for them.

We now know Eric's fate, and it to me was a decent send-off being too far to see, which learned later why on Talking Dead. Another bromance is dead, and the only one I can think of remaining is the one Negan/Gabriel currently have. I call it that because it's now been two consecutive episodes they didn't appear in. Suspiiiiciiioooouusssss...

As heard on TD, it makes very much sense Aaron take Gracie with him to Hilltop. Keeps him sane and has a purpose of keeping her safe. It is rough though her father was killed protecting her, and to think Rick hesitated to kill her off... Hope she can be well taken care of. Perhaps by Enid when not on watch? If anything it'd be good for when the Rhea baby is born, as those two could potentially grow up together.

Wonder how Coral's been as we haven't seen him in a bit either. Enid's keeping rather busy with look-out, so perhaps Carl might be trying to find a new eye?

Still many unknown whereabouts I wont get into but hope something's known of some in the next few weeks - at least by mid-season.

8. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 8.04: "Some Guy"

9. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I knew about Shiva being killed off, from the comics. But it was still heartbreaking to see. I was expecting a far larger amount of zombies though, since a tiger would be far too strong to be held down with the amount that took her down.
    I'm getting a little annoyed with the "Ninja-assassin Carol" thing. It feels a bit too unrealistic, which aside from zombies, the creator tries to be realistic with the series. Another thing that was unrealistic was that, only the major characters from Ezekiel's group survived in the end. They could've had a couple of no-bodies survive as well.

10. Dan's Revenge

"We shall not lose one of our ranks!" Well, ya gone lost... I duno.

Didn't like seeing the death of Shiva later on. Felt she could have lasted a bit longer. The only positive... is no more CGI production costs :p

Enjoyed the brief moments with Rick and Daryl taking out those couple saviors.

Carol did well in being surrounded before coming to the aid of Ezekiel and Jerry - and had a decent laugh at Jerry's reaction to the broken axe. That axe had one good final blow taking out the geek-looking savior - whom I thought had a split personality.

Still no Negan/Gabriel... the bromance must have gotten too real for TV.

Ezekiel not talking to his citizens upon return is an obvious message to the other Kingdomers. Curious when we'll see those people's reactions and what progresses with the king.

All I can recall by memory from last week and a late reply :p