1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Virtual Console (Wii) Thread! (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tanooki, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mookie75

mookie75 Active Member

Is there another TZ out there that I'm unaware of? :p

I give them one week, two weeks tops, of "bad games" before they're complaining again.

To be honest, it's already happened as far as I'm concerned. Sure, all the Earthbound comments are passed off as made in jest, but we all know that deep down many people are thinking, "Seriously Nintendo, give me my Earthbound (and Mother!) or I swear I'll hold my breath until I turn blue!!!" :eek::eek::eek:

2. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

Over at the NeoGAF forums, a user by the name of Cheesemeister was nice enough to post a list of all unreleased first-party titles for NES & SNES, as well as reasons why we might not be seeing most of them in North America:

To sum it up, here are the games left (note that I am taking some liberties based on my opinions):

NES:
    Golf
    Gyromite (R.O.B. not actually required for gameplay)
    Mother (already localized, just never officially released to the public)
    Zoda's Revenge: Star Tropics II

SNES (games with an astrisk use a special chip and may take more time to emulate):
    Earthbound
    Kirby's Dream Land 3
    Pilotwings*
    Star Fox*
    Star Fox 2* (so close to being finished that hackers got it running)
    Super Mario Kart*
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island*
    Super Play Action Football
    Super Punch-Out!!
    Wario's Woods
    Yoshi's Cookie

I'll also toss out a list of N64 games too:
    Donkey Kong 64
    Excitebike 64
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Mario Golf
    Mario Party
    Mario Party 2
    Mario Party 3
    Mario Tennis
    Pilotwings 64
    Super Smash Bros.

I can't guarantee every single Nintendo owned game that could possibly be released is on those lists, but it's probably pretty close anyway. In any case, it shows the importance of getting more third party publishers/developers involved. Without a storage solution for more recent games or a willingness by NCL to include formerly portable systems on VC, they can't add more systems either.

No, not to my knowledge. TZ users, myself included, make their desires well known, but are much more tolerable than users in other forums. If we get a bad week, the posts I've seen here usually note some disappointment, and, if a game was recently rated or released in another region, will spit out a specific name of the game they wanted, then move on with their lives. Many of the VC specific boards and forums I've been to get very nasty when their desired game doesn't appear week after week. While that has happened here, it's only noticeable occasionally. Maybe it's just that I've seen so much worse reactions that I've become immune to moderate levels of complaints.

3. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Words can not express my happiness.

4. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Living it up.

Need... more... Wii Points...

Until then, I'm SMRPG-less.:( Ah well, Ys should tide me over until then.

5. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

For those going for 100% completion in Super Mario RPG, don't forget this little annoyance near the beginning of the game:

6. mookie75

mookie75 Active Member

Well, I'll grant you that much at least. There are many other forums out there that are much more unpleasant to visit than this one. However, a whiner is a whiner in my book and there have been more than a few on this forum over the past several months. Filing down the edges a little bit doesn't negate the abrasiveness of a gamer's "I want it, and I want it NOW" attitude. People need to learn patience. Nintendo is well aware of what the players want and when they get to it, they get to it.

How often have we seen the accusation that "Nintendo doesn't care about the hardcore gamer anymore?" That statement seems a little short-sighted on days like today, doesn't it.

At any rate, congratulations to all those that have been waiting on Mario RPG. I hope everyone tries to remember this next week or the week after -- once the game has long since been conquered -- when they're getting ready to lodge their latest complaints about not getting anything they want.

7. CartoonOverlord

CartoonOverlord Head of HATE

Dang, I'm beyond that point, I jut got the first star. Oh well, something to do when I ever replay it.

8. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

THANK YOU, mookie.

9. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Went to download it. Saw it wasn't there. Checked back an hour later, and did. So happy.

Now I can finally make use of that Nintendo players guide I have for it. Bought it a while back dirt cheap knowing I'd buy it eventually. Some ten years later, I now have. :)

10. Draven

Draven Electronic Laughter

Oh man! That video gave me flashbacks of wandering that Forest Maze for HOURS!

Good times.

11. Fresh V

Fresh V Stand By Me

Holy crap, Super Mario RPG! Finally!:D

12. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

About damn time. Now maybe the SMRPG whiners can stop whining and go play.

Hope we'll see some more surprises on the VC in the future...like maybe Famicom Final Fantasies 1-3. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.