1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Virtual Console (Wii) Thread! (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tanooki, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Living it up.

Ys...

YES. *Goes to buy points card*

2. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

Hooray! Awesome week. :D

3. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

It's about time. About damn time that Ys FINALLY got released on the VC.

Everyone needs to play this game and truly understand the pinnacle of passionate game making. This game is one of the reasons why I considered the early 90's to be the peak of real video gaming. Ys delivers and then some.

So go play this game and understand the meaning behind my avatar. :)

4. TacoHunter

TacoHunter Master of None

Really, 'cause I d/l's last night, and the combat is...kind of wanky. Just run in to them and they die. I mean...come on... Is this really all the game is going to be?

5. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

You have to get used to it. After a certain point, it's just faster than hitting a button to swing your sword.

Game's still hard, though. I'm stuck on the bat boss.

6. Dark Fact

The combat does take some getting used to but when you do get the hang of it, the game becomes a lot of fun to play. :)
    Vegurion is a boss that requires a lot of running around to avoid the bats and getting the hit when he comes together. Just keep a good distance. :)

7. Dogasu

Dogasu Rubber ducks kill babies?

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the Shop Channel? I can't get connected, and I'm trying to figure out if the problem's on my end or Nintendo's.

8. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

My connection seems to be good since I am looking at the main page, looking at games. Not sure about purchasing them, since I don't have enough points stored on my Wii to buy something of importance.

9. TacoHunter

go to nintendo's support site

They'll probably recommend that you change the channel your wireless router broadcasts on. That's what I did and now my Wii runs a lot faster on the internet.

10. Dogasu

Dogasu Rubber ducks kill babies?

Been there, tried that.

And I'm actually using the USB Connector. I didn't have any trouble with it until about a month ago when, all of a sudden, it just stopped working.

I've still got a few fixes I want to try out, though.

11. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

Recent updates on upcoming VC games:

First, the North American and European TG-16 VC selections will be playing catch-up with each other in September. NA will be getting Cho Aniki and Final Soldier, while Europe gets Chase HQ and Ys Books I & II. No dates have been specified except the month of September. Plus, NoA made it perfectly clear that they are the only official source for the release schedule (which they aren't willing to share), so even though this news comes directly from Hudson, it's still unconfirmed and tentative as far as Nintendo of America is concerned.

Second, NCL released the Japanese schedule for September:
    Secret of Mana and Mario Golf stand out as games that will be highly anticipated in the hopes that should NoA ever decide to release them here. I have fond memories of Mario Golf, but I doubt I'll pick it up. I seem to have outgrown the Mario sport titles (preferring to avoid sport titles altogether). However, and this applies more to Tennis and Party rather than Golf, I feel that Nintendo has dumbed down the games since the N64 days to be increasingly less dependent on skill and more luck based. So, I might pick up the early Mario spin-offs and leave my collection at that. The early Mario Party games (1-3) are definite musts, but Golf and Tennis are still a grey area for me.

12. TacoHunter

Oh hell ya, I hope Secret of Mana is 3 players. Its really odd how no other Of Mana game has had more then 2 player story co op since then, or at least none that I know of.

A new of Mana game with 4 player co op would make total sense, and yet they consistently don't make one.

13. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

I don't see why it wouldn't.

Obviously this announcement means Square isn't planning a Secret Of Mana remake. Although, I hope they at least attempt the sequel. It's criminal how that game never came out over here.

14. TacoHunter

We did get Secret of Evermore, which was...well, it was there. And it did have a certain charm to it.

15. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

I wish NOA would release a North American release schedule month to month.

16. JTurner954

JTurner954 Paradigm City, USA

With Labor Day being tomorrow, will they still announce games or delay it until next week?

17. Dark Fact

Secret of Evermore may had been a game that a crummy storyline but it was still fun to play, dammit. The bashing that game received was totally unfair.

I'm also hoping that Seiken Desentsu 3 will also get brought over here in the near future (although Nintendo of America and Square-Enix will give it a new name) as well as Bahamut Lagoon.

18. sdp

sdp miscrave

They didn't on Christmas Day.

19. Dark Fact

They probably won't announce the releases tomorrow because we all know that taking a minute or two to upload the latest release list is a minute or two too many that should be more focused on grilling Johnsonville Brats. :rolleyes:

20. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

it's not supposed to be? try working 40 - 50 hours a week and then see if you feel like showing up on monday if your employer says you can take monday off and get payed for it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.