1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Virtual Console (Wii) Thread! (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tanooki, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

Part 1
    Part 2

a new day, a new thread. my hopes is that this christmas eve's listing will be so great that it pushes this thread to an automatic 10 pages. we shall see

current main discussion topics:
    -nintendo of japan is getting two new systems added to the vc? what could these systems be?
    -christmas is coming up. what goodies does nintendo have planned for release on the vc?

2. SNS

SNS "I am..."

Why must there be a new topic for this every 600 replies while the Super Smash Bros. Brawl topic is over 4,000 replies?

3. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

Because Super Smash Bros. Brawl is just one game. This is a thread talking about a whole variety of games. It's easy to lose track if you're just gonna cram it all into one big thread. Splitting the threads up makes it easier for people to search the game lists.

BOT: I will laugh so hard if the Christmas game will be Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. :D

4. Tanooki

it's easier to keep track of the updates this way. smash bros has a website that allows us to do that. any more off topic questions can be directed at me via PM. keep it on topic please

5. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Well I just got a Classic Controller and I only have NES games besides Sin and Punishment (N64) but I know there are plenty of good SNES games on the VC to play with my new (all too like the SNES) Classic Controller.

I was thinking of getting DKC2 because I only have DKC for SNES (the actual console) and I remember enjoying it back in the day. I know Super Metroid is an excellent choice but I'm not feeling compelled to buy it for myself (I bought it for a friend a while back though, too bad I can't copy that file). Super Mario World is always a great choice but I'm working through SMB3 right now and I'd honestly rather play SMW on my Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World SNES catridge because Luigi has a different sprite than Mario in that version (and the GBA version, which I don't have but probably should get). I also don't care to buy Zelda Link to the Past because I'm playing through that on GBA.

Really what I'm looking for is an SNES game that will make good use of the Classic Controller.

So... any suggestions?

6. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Ys: Book I & II this X-mas. :anime:

7. Tanooki

other than what you mentioned, i guess i'd recommend kirby's avalanche if you want a fun puzzler. the dpad on the classic controller works a lot better than the gamecube dpad

8. KuwabaraTheMan

KuwabaraTheMan Active Member

Donkey Kong Country 2 is the second best game ever made. Get it, Sketch. I command you!!

Hell, I own the game on my SNES, which I still use regularly, and if I had a Wii already, I'd still pay $50 to get DKC2 on the Virtual Console.

It's that worth it.

9. Sketch

DKC2 is the second best game ever?

Then what's the best game ever?

10. Eddy

Eddy there's a chicken on my head

I wouldn't say DKC2 is the second best game ever but it's easily the best of the DKC series. I highly recommend it.

11. Sketch

It's a steal at 8 bucks for sure. But if anyone else has a different idea I'd like to hear it.

And I'm still wondering what KuwabaratheMan thinks is the best video game ever.

12. KuwabaraTheMan

KuwabaraTheMan Active Member

My Top 5:

1. Earthbound
    2. Donkey Kong Country 2
    3. Donkey Kong Country
    4. Donkey Kong Country 3
    5. Final Fantasy IX

Let's work on getting the best game ever out again, Nintendo.

13. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

DKC3 came afterwards though. What might you say keeps it from being better than DKC2?

14. Rocketboy

Rocketboy It's party time

In my opinion, it just seemed too different.

15. SNS

SNS "I am..."

If I recall correctly, it was created by a different development team of Rare then the first two.

16. Eddy

Eddy there's a chicken on my head

The level design wasn't nearly as fun, the music was nearly as memorable, the new animals weren't memorable, Kiddy Kong, and was overall a forgettable game. Easily my least favorite of the DKC series. Unless you count DK64, which I consider DKC3 to be better than.

DKC2 >>>>>> DKC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DKC3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DK64

17. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I like DKC2 the best out of all four of them myself. I think the thing with DKC3 though, was how things were getting repetitive. In DKC, You can play as Donkey and Diddy. In DKC2, you have to save Donkey, and you can play as Diddy and Dixie. In DKC3, you now have to save Donkey and Diddy, and you can play as Dixie, and Kiddy, who's introduced in this game. So yeah, you can see the pattern there. I'd have to think of how a DKC4 would have gone. Anyway there was just something about the look of DKC2 that made it look so cool.

18. Mynd Hed

Mynd Hed Holy blue on a popo!

Besides the ones you mentioned, the only really top-notch SNES titles currently available IMO are Sim City and Street Fighter II Turbo, although there are better ways to play Sim City (i.e. anything with a mouse), and if you're like me, you already have about five or six different versions of SFII hanging around anyway. If you don't, though, it's killer fun to go back and play the original six-button 1-on-1 fighter in all its 16-bit glory, and playing it with the Classic Controller is almost certainly as close as you can get to playing the SNES version short of actually hunting it up on that system. 'Course, if you're a joystick purist, that probably won't matter much to you in any case....

19. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Legend of the Mystical Ninja is a fun game, though somewhat short, and ActRaiser is great, not to mention unique - it's both a God Game and a Sidescroller. Good music, too.

20. JTurner954

JTurner954 Paradigm City, USA

A while back someone mentioned TMNT 2 will not be on the Virtual Console.

Was there any mention of other games that won't appear on Virtual Console?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.