1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Virtual Console Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Eddy, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdp

sdp miscrave

I've never played the first one but I downloaded the first one after being recommended it by a lot of people and I LOVED it. I remember someone telling you it was just 'nostalgic' but no its a good game.

1up gave both TJnE games a thumbs up, so i'm probably going to get it.
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160025

2. G1Ravage

G1Ravage Active Member

Except you can't "pause" your progress on the Gamecube version like you can on the VC.

3. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

lol. true. though that "feature" is nice on a lot of the games, it's not a selling point for me to waste more money on something i already have

4. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Look like Sonic 2 is headed to the VC and X-Box Live Arcade.

5. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

I spent the last couple of hours reading through all 31 pages of this thread and boy is my mind shot! :yawn:

Anyways, is there any news regarding the Turbo CD releases for the TG16? There is an awesome library of games that need to be released for it.

6. Frank Castle

Frank Castle Sic vis pacem, para bellum

How big are the Turbo CD games? So far I haven't heard anything considering those games and I think the fact that the system never came to the U.S. may be the number 1 reason we haven't heard anything yet.

7. Dark Fact

Oh yes it did! It was here but was overshadowed by the SNES vs Genesis wars during the early 90's. It was a shame since fantastic titles like Ys: Book I & II, Gate and Lords of Thunder, and Valis II and III were released for it but didn't get much recognition. Those titles received epic reviews from such famous magazines as Gamepro and Electronic Gaming Monthly. In fact, Ys was hailed in the fandom as one of the best adventure RPG games of all time. To not put these titles on the VC would be criminal. Hudson also stated that the Turbo CD titles would make an appearance on the VC later on after they're done going through their TG16 library and when they do, boy howdy, will you be blown away! ;)

8. Tash

Tash Active Member

And you're not even a bit biased? :p

9. Frank Castle

Frank Castle Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Oh it was released? I took a nap for 20 minutes and totally missed it.:D

10. Dark Fact

Okay, I'm biased but don't disregard the system because of that. It is a great system even though the english voice acting in 99% of the games leave a lot to be desired. :rolleyes:

At least give Ys and Lords of Thunder a chance. That's all I ask.

11. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Johnny Turbo is proof enough that CD Turbografx games came out.

Although, after playing Planet Puzzle League, I really want Pokemon Puzzle League for the 64 to come out.

12. Dark Fact

That or Tetris Attack...since they're both relatively the same game. ;)

13. danreyes1

danreyes1 Active Member

I'm weird, but feel no shame in saying I played and liked the original Japanese version, Panel de Pon. Girly, yes. Fun, definately.

14. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

All games I don't want and no Paper Mario makes Dogbert something something.

I'm thinking about Lode Runner, but having never played the series I'm not sure. Any thoughts on it?

Also, I'm once again irritated that they have to call the villain of a Genesis Sonic game "Dr. Eggman." I will refrain from using expletives on the condition they don't start editing the games themselves.

15. Zyzzybalubah

Zyzzybalubah The Best of Friends

I had Lode Runner way back in the day of the NES. I wasn't a huge fan when I was little but today I realized it was an alright game. It plays similar to games like Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle where you have to collect gold while dodging bad guys and going through obstacles. It's a decent title nothing too special though. I have not played Battle Lode Runner which made it's American debut on the Virtual Console a couple weeks back IIRC. I'm not sure of it's game play as a whole, but I heard it has a 5-player multiplayer, so maybe for a $1 more if that version plays mostly the same?

16. launchpad25

launchpad25 Member

I'm glad i sold my copy of 'Sonic Mega Collection Plus' so i could get the 'Sonic' Games i want most for the Virtual Console.

17. Eddy

Eddy there's a chicken on my head

You sold Sonic Mega Collection so you could spend even more money by getting the games on the VC?

No offense, but that's kind of silly.

18. PC!

PC! lolwut?

No offense, but why pay $8 for Sonic 2 when you can get Sonic 2 plus 8 more games for $20?

EDIT: Eddy said it better.

19. launchpad25

launchpad25 Member

I know it sould silly, but i never liked the inclusion of the Game Gear 'Sonic' games in the disc.

20. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

to each his own, i guess, but couldn't just not play those ones? or cover your eyes or look away when you pass them on the selection menu?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.