1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Virtual Console Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Eddy, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddy

Eddy there's a chicken on my head

Since we don't have a thread for the Virtual Console, rather than have a bunch of topics about it thrown about, I figured we should just have one to talk about it.

So... start talking.

2. PC!

PC! lolwut?

I downloaded Mario 64. It plays flawlessly, just as good as playing it on the 64. I wish there was a lot better variety on games. How about even ONE SNES game or more than ONE N64 game? I'd much rather have them than a bunch of NES games, personally.

In news, I see a few new Turbografix and Genesis games have been added to the list today.

So, is it a fact we'll be seeing new VC games every Monday?

3. BigLouMan20

BigLouMan20 Dancin' away my worries

So far I only downloaded SimCity and Altered Beast. I want the classic controller so bad, but its sold out here. I don't like using the D-pad on the GC controller.

UPDATE: Just downloaded Pinball and Bonker's.

#3 BigLouMan20, Nov 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2006
  4. AnimatedSnow47

AnimatedSnow47 Active Member

I've downloaded Pinball and Super Mario 64.

Pinball is a fun little NES title, that still holds up.

Super Mario 64 is still as rockin' awesome as ever, and to my eye at least seems less blurry and smoother. Plays great with the Classic Controller too.

I've got Wii Points cards on the way to get more of the 2006 lineup that's coming/already out including Bomberman '93 (TG16), Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN), Columns (GEN), SimCity (SNES) and Ice Hockey (NES).

5. Eddy

Eddy there's a chicken on my head

I have 2,000 Wii Points but I have yet to download anything. Mostly because I either have the game already or it doesn't interest me enough to download it.

Though I'm thinking of getting Toe Jam & Earl once that's available. How is Bonk's Adventure? I've never played that before.

6. Hades

Hades Active Member

I wish I could at least get online to download SOMETHING, but thanks to the lack of an ethernet port, I can't do that. I bought the freaking system for the virtual console too!!! :mad:

7. mammy2shoesfan

mammy2shoesfan bigJnyc

Get the Nintendo Wi-fi Adapter. It works perfectly with DS and its been confirmed to work with Wii.

8. Artimus Gigan

Artimus Gigan Aeris Fries

Bonk's Adventure is a game released by Hudon Soft and is pretty much a typical 2D platformer featuring a giant head Caveboy named Bonk who kills dinosaur enemies by ramming them with his head

it's allright, nothing like the grade of the mario or sonic platformers of the same era though

9. Hades

Hades Active Member

Honestly though, why should I have to spend MORE money on this system because of Nintendo's laziness? I shouldn't have to go out and buy some special piece of crap just to play my console online.

10. sdp

sdp miscrave

well, they did announce it was only wi-fi enabled since last E3, and it was said a lot of times,

invest on a wireless router, its well worth the money, I bought a cheap one for about 25-30$ for my laptop only to find out it was a 5 star ratings compatability for the DS and Wii, a D-Link.

i wouldn't buy the Nintendo WiFI adaptor it costs as much as a router.

11. BigLouMan20

BigLouMan20 Dancin' away my worries

I bought the Nintendo WiFi adapter for only $25 at GameCrazy.

12. TheMecca

EDIT: Wikipedia's Earthbound thing is down, guess it was just a rumor.

#12 TheMecca, Nov 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2006
  13. blee337

blee337 Shoot the Core!!!!

14. sdp

sdp miscrave

i heard they mapped the Mario 64 controller with the Z button as the Z button instead of the L (what it should be)

I really hope we get an "arcade" in the VC so we can get arcade accurate ports : (

15. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

If you're talking about using a GCN controller, then the N64 Z button (for backfilps, long jumps, etc.) is mapped to both Z and L on the GCN controller.

16. mammy2shoesfan

mammy2shoesfan bigJnyc

How else would you play it online. Most people don't keep their computer's and TV's close together and don't want wires all round their living rooms. Since I only have one computer and really don't need wifi for anything else I just got the adapter so I don't have to move anything around.

17. Zyzzybalubah

Zyzzybalubah The Best of Friends

I didn't know whether to start a thread on this or just post it here. Anyway here goes courtesy of IGN:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/747/747368p1.html

It's the Wiicade (not an official Nintendo site): http://wiicade.com/Home.aspx

Most are simple Flash games. I guess if you have the Opera web browser, you can go onto this site and play games with your Wii Remote. I think I've seen Curve Ball on the net before, but boy it is a fun online game. :) Some of the games aren't that great but hey, different strokes for different folks. I'm sure some of these titles might be pretty fun with the Wii Remote (Curve Ball I could imagine would be.) They're all free, so if anyone has tried these titles out on Wii, let us know!

18. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

Is anyone else getting 209601 errors (can't connect to server)? Normally I like to troubleshoot on my own, but if others are getting the same error, the problem might be on Nintendo's end.

19. TheMecca

Best Flash game ever: Tactical Assassin.

20. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

I'm not particularily impressed so far with the TG-16 lineup. I was hoping for at least a 10 game startup list instead of 5 but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Dungeon Explorer is a great Gauntlet like game with fantastic music. Highly recommended. :)

Oh and Bonk's Adventure is also a must get for all you platformer fans. ;)

What I'm really hoping for is the inclusion of the Turbo CD system in the near future so I can have the privilege of playing Ys: Book I and II and the Valis series. I will get a Wii if Turbo CD titles are put up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.