1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Video Game Sales/Deals/Coupons/Bundles Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vyse, May 11, 2011.

1. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

I haven't been talking about them lately, but since this one is a bit different, i figured I'd mention it. A new Humble Bundle has launched named the Humble Origin Bundle (yes, EA's Origin).

For as little as $1 (with all proceeds going to charity this time around), you can get a collection of up to 8 games from EA and if you're like me and wouldn't touch Origin with a 10-foot pole, you're in luck since 5 of the games are available with Steam keys. I've marked them in bold in the list below to show what is available on Steam. All others are Origin-only, so please be aware of that.

• Dead Space
    • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    • Crysis 2: Maximum Edition
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Dead Space 3
    • Medal of Honor
    • Battlefield 3 (available if you pay more than the current average)
    • The Sims 3 + Starter Pack (available if you pay more than the current average, includes Windows and Mac versions)

Also included for any donation made are the soundtracks for Battlefield 3 and The Sims 3.

2. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Not exactly a sale, but for the 3DS Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (follow up to the visual novel adventure / puzzle game 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) is now listed on the eShop for $25. The physical edition's been going for the $40 MSRP price since it was released last year AFAIK, so that's quite a heavy discount.

We're also in the final days of this promotion where those who register both Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV with Club Nintendo by August 31st get $30 in eShop, which would of course cover the above game or go a very long way to something else. Worth doing for those with interest in both titles.

3. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

4. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Newegg is running this "Gaming Week" sale where many titles have very large discounts. Things are selling out very fast, but I did manage to score a PS3 copy of Bioshock Infinite for $25. It's worth poking around to see if anything grabs your attention (it's best to navigate by sidebar menu on the left).

5. MDawg

Humble Indie Bundle 9 is currently going on with some pretty darn impressive games all for you for whatever you want to pay (paying over $1 gives you keys to use on Steam).. Paying above the average gives you a copy of FTL (easily worth it. The game has insane replay value) as well as the console hit Fez.

The regular bundle includes Trine 2: Complete (I keep meaning to paly this one, I hear excellent things about it), Mark of the Ninja (one of my favorite platformers in a long time), Eets Munchies (beta) and Brutal Legend. All the games in the bundle are cross-OS compatible and can be installed on Windows, Apple and and Linux-based computers.

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

7. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Final Fantasy VII is half off on steam until the 8th. I didn't even know they had it, TBH. Six bucks is a deal. Too bad I only have a Mac with me....

8. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

This week there's some real nice discounts on Playstation Network, listed below (this is before Playstation Plus discounts). Note how Remember Me is on sale for a third of the price four months after release...that happened fast.

PlayStation Store Update – PlayStation.Blog

Oh, something to keep in mind. They're doing the promotion again where you get $10 in credit if you spend $50 during October. That's good through October 29th according to this.

9. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Snagged Okami HD with the money that was still in my PS store account. Woohoo!

10. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Apparently Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy (Nintendo Wii) are going for $40 at Gamestop for Black Friday. This doesn't come off as amazing at a glance, but neither title is very easy to find anymore and the chain has been taking advantage of that to sell copies for as much as $20 - $30 more than this. If you can swing it, this might be the cheapest these games will ever get now.

Xenoblade & Metroid Trilogy Will Be Reduced At GameStop For Black Friday | My Nintendo News

11. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I was just coming here to point this out. The biggest challenge will be finding them -- not every store has a copy. This is the kind of deal you can only get through sheer luck...

12. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Good thing I was able to get Metroid Prime Trilogy cheaper than that at a GameStop when it came out. Just traded in a few games and I had a gift card.

13. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

14. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Leaked Black Friday deals at Gamestop:

15. MDawg

Humble Bundle is running a WB Games-themed bundle. As always, pay whatever price you'd like above $1 and you get a bundle of games for your PC (Steam is required for all games in this bundle). The bundle includes the following:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
    • FEAR 2: Project Origin
    • FEAR 3
    • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    Pay above the average (currently $4.69) and you can get 2 additional games:
    • Scribblenauts Unlimited
    • Batman: Arkham City GOTY
    As an extra added bonus for the final 5 days of this deal, more content has been added. Pay above the average and get the following in addition to everything else:

• FEAR
    • Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
    • Guardians of Middle Earth (includes the Smaug's Treasure DLC)
    • Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack
    • Gotham City Imposters: Professional Kit
    • The Millennium Skins Pack for Batman: Arkham Origins (A $4.99 value on Steam)
    Both GOTY editions include all previously-released DLC as well. If you've been wanting to pick up the Arkham games, this is the perfect time to do so.

A new feature added to the Humble Bundle site also allows you to gift out parts of your purchased Bundle to other people if you already own something or just don't need it.

16. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

A crazy good deal: Capcom's doing a Thanksgiving sale on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD. All cases in all three games for $5 on iOS devices. You can download the app for free, give it a try if you want and purchase through that. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id365681816?mt=8

The imminent holiday season also has Amazon back at it with another major sale on PC games. Top deals that I've spotted, so far as value goes:

• Bioshock Triple Pack, $15 (Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Infinite)
    • Borderlands 2 + Borderlands GOTY edition, $12
    • Civilization V Gold + Brave New World expansion, $15 (that's the complete Civ V, as Brave New World is the final xpac. Brave New World is also selling standalone 50% off at $15 for those with Civ V + 1st xpac / Civ V Gold already)
    • Paradox Boat Bundle, $5 (Leviathan: Warships, East India Company Collection, Naval War: Arctic Circle)
    • SimCity 4 Deluxe, $5
    • The XCom Collection, $10 (Enemy Unknown + older titles)
    • Grand Theft Auto Trilogy (3, Vice City, San Andreas) + GTA 4, $11
    • Europa Universalis IV, $20 (50% off, 1st released in August)
    • Firaxis Pack, $20 (XCom: Enemy Unknown, Civ 5 Gold, Civilization IV Complete)

17. MDawg

A master list for Amazon's digital games sale can be found over here. The link is legit and updated with new information as-updated. It's from the CAG Forums Amazon PC deals topic and the Amazon reps work with them for certain deals and to keep you informed. They can have awesome deals at times, so it's worth watching if you're a PC gamer. Just make sure to pay attention when you buy if a game can be activated on Steam or not. Not every game can if you're so inclined to use that service.

Edit: This Amazon sale listing from Reddit may be a bit easier to read.

18. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit

Sony is giving away free redemption codes for PS classics Twisted Metal, Warhawk Pilots and Destruction Derby to PS3 users. Just enter PS Home and in there PS4 experience complete the scavenger hunt. You can start the quest by clicking the PS vita tv screen.

19. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

20. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit