The Video Game Sales/Deals/Coupons/Bundles Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vyse, May 11, 2011.

1. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Inspired by the thread on the DVD forum, I think it will be cool to have a similar thread on here for us to post sales, deals, and coupons for video games. To kick things off, here's some digital download deals going on right now:

Steam (digital download store, among other things, run by Half-Life/Team Fortress/Portal/Left 4 Dead creator Valve)
    -Midweek Madness sale: select Kalypso Media titles 75% off until Thursday at 7 PM ET. Titles like Tropico Reloaded, Tropico 3, Commandos, Commandos 2, Dark Star One, and others are on sale. Alternatively, you can buy the titles in one $30 bundle until Thursday at 7.
    -SpaceChem (PC + Mac) - $7.49 instead of $14.99
    -YOU DON'T KNOW JACK (2011) (PC) - $9.99 instead of $19.99
    -Several 10% off pre-order discounts going on now including Deus Ex Human Revolution (with a bonus giftable copy of the original Deus Ex GOTY), Duke Nukem Forever, and The Witcher II: Assassins of Kings Premium Digital Edition

GOG.com (website selling DRM-free PC games and owned by Witcher developer CD Projekt RED)
    -The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - $4.99 for two weeks only, then $9.99 after (MSRP & Price on Steam: $19.99)
    -The Witcher II: Assassins of Kings -- GOG.com's Digital Premium Edition - $44.99 instead of $49.99 until it is released. Apparently, they are stuffing it with content not even included in the Premium Digital Edition that's on Steam and Direct2Drive. And they're offering a choice of a free RPG out of a selection of five
    -FREE GAMES! Somehow, for just signing up (free registration), you get five free DRM-free games: Beneath A Steel Sky, Teen Agent, Lure of the Temptress, Tyrian 2000, and Dragonsphere.

Xbox Live Marketplace (DLC and games for the Xbox 360)
    -DEAL OF THE WEEK (requires Xbox Live Gold) - 2K DLC. Mafia II's Joe's Adventure and Jimmy's Vendetta DLC, Minerva's Den and Protector's Trials from Bioshock 2, and the Secret Armory and Claptrap's New Revolution for Borderlands are all 50% off each.
    -RECENTLY REDUCED CONTENT! While all are Games On Demand titles and all are available on disc, you can get Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Assassin's Creed II, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2, Midnight Club: LA, and Street Fighter IV for $19.99 each instead of $29.99 each if you choose. Except for Cloudy, which was offered for the insane price of $49.99.

2. Acidonia

Acidonia Master of Monsters

I belive those five games have become Freeware. Though if you want them your best geting them from GOG because those versions should work on any PC whilst the older original versions might not or require DOS BOX to run.

The Under Garden and Haunted House have both been Reduced forever to 400MSP this month as well.

3. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

Looks like Steam is going to do daily deals from now on. Oh Steam, always looking for a way to take my money, my hard earn money. The first game they had was Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Here's hoping that something on my wishlist makes this daily deal.

4. Lord Bravery

Lord Bravery Member

Shouldn't this be sticky-ed?

Gamestop is having another Buy 2 Used, Get 1 Free, online only. The code is MAY2G1. (Ends on May 23.)

5. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Amazon's Gold Box deal will be video-game-themed tomorrow. If you didn't know, Gold Box is composed of two parts: a daily deal that lasts all day, and a bunch of lightning deals that will only be on sale for only a few hours or until stock is sold. Here it is in action:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

Also, Epic Mickey is 20 bucks right now on Amazon, among other games. And, on the Xbox side, Blade Kitten's price has been permanently reduced (like the other 2 Atari games) by 400 points; Blade Kitten is now 800.

6. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Amazon has gone DS and 3DS crazy and are offering a buy-one-get-one-half-off sale on select titles.

3DS: Dead or Alive, Street Fighter IV, Pilotwings, Lego Pirates, Lego Star Wars 3, Nintendogs + Cats (all three flavors offered), Ridge Racer, Ghost Recon, Rayman, Pro Evolution 2011, Super Monkey Ball, Steel Diver, Combat of Giants Dinosaurs, Spongebob Squigglepants, Samurai Warriors, Madden, Rabbids Travel In Time, The Sims 3, Splinter Cell, Bust-A-Move, Asphalt, Dream Trigger

DS (218 ITEMS! BEST OF IMO HERE): Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, New Super Mario, Plants Vs. Zombies, Mario Party, Super Mario 64, Lego SW3, Pokemon Diamond/Platinum, Super Scribblenauts, Radiant Historia, Mario vs DK Mini-Land Mayhem, Okamiden, Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story, Lego Battles, Lego Battles Ninjago, Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship 2011, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, Sonic Classic Collection, Cooking Mama 3, Brain Age 2, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Rune Factory 3, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky , Style Savvy, Lego Indy 2, Ghost Trick, Cooking Mama 2, Crafting Mama, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom hearts Re:Coded, Sims 3, BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION - Collector's Edition , Sonic Chronicles, Ben 10 Ultimate Alien, MLB 2K11, Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar , Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, NERF CASE FOR THE DS LITE, Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow, Lego Harry Potter, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Transformers WfC (both Autobot and Decepticon flavors), Tetris Party Deluxe, Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals , Monster Tale, Goldeneye (the recent one by Acti), Digimon World Championship, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker, BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (regular edition), Puzzle Quest 2, Force Unleashed 2, Dragon Ball Origins, Mega Man Star Force 3 Red Joker , Smackdown VS Raw 2010, Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero, FFXII Revenant Wings, Drawn To Life The Next Chapter, Michael Jackson The Experience (looks like an Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan clone), De Blob 2, Pac N Roll, Ragnarok DS, TrackMania Turbo: Build to Race, Dementium: The Ward, MX vs ATV Reflex, Monster Racer, Lux Pain, 007 Blood Stone, Rondo of Swords, Deca Sports, Flower, Sun and Rain, River City Sports Challenge,

7. Lord Bravery

Lord Bravery Member

Gamestop is having yet another Buy 2 Get 1 Free offer, I'm not sure if this one is online only. Code is JUN2G1, ends tomorrow.

8. TheGunheart

TheGunheart Darkness and Disgrace

GOG is having a massive sale on their entire Interplay catalog. You get 50% off on all of their titles, including legends like the space sim Freespace, the wacky third-person shooter MDK, the dizzying FPS Decent series, and the amazing RTS/Action RPG hybrid, Sacrifice.

9. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

10. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Amazon special "Lightning Deals" today for video games modeled after their Gold Box.

10 AM PDT: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Limited Edition (PSP) was $28 (deal expired)
    1 PM PDT: Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP) for $15
    3 PM PDT: Ys Seven (PSP) for $15
    5 PM PDT: The standard version of our 10AM deal
    6 PM PDT: A Classic RPG gets a facelift for the PSP in a Premium Edition
    7 PM PDT: A Classic RPG gets a facelift for the PSP in a Standard Edition

-------------------------------------
    Over on Xbox country, the Deal of the Week is the PopCap catalog and worth a buy regardless of your opinions of casual gaming, PopCap, and puzzle games

Bejeweled Blitz - 200 points (normally 800)
    Plants Vs Zombies - 600 points (normally 1200)
    Peggle - 400 points (normally 800)
    Peggle Nights expansion - 200 points (normally 400)
    Bejeweled 2 - 400 points (normally 800)
    Zuma - 200 points (normally 400)
    Heavy Weapon - 400 points (normally 800)
    AstroPop - 400 points (normally 800)
    Feeding Frenzy - 200 points (normally 400)
    Feeding Frenzy 2 - 400 points (normally 800)

For those lacking XBL Gold, there's also a Sonic 20th B-Day week-long sale with Sonic 1-3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, SA DX expansion, Sonic 4 Ep 1, and DLC for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing discounted.

And, in XBLIG, if you want to try games any of the titles from radiangames on the cheap, better do so before June 28 before the dev conducts a "Save -400%" sale and raises its five games' prices permanently.
    http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2011/06/save_400_on_radiangames_bizarr.php

11. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

12. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

13. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

About the Steam sale, remember, if it's not a daily deal (resets daily at 1PM EST), don't buy it till the last day (unless you need it immediately). Better prices can be your gift if you're patient.

14. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Child of Eden on the 360 is ten bucks at Best Buy

15. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Portal is free to buy on Steam again (till the 20th). This would be both the PC and Mac versions since it's a SteamPlay title. Let me make this clear. You own this permanently. It's not a free weekend or something. It's yours to keep.

16. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Alpha Protocol is only $2 on Steam this weekend. I spent the last of my Visa Gift Card that I couldn't get to work on the Humble Indie Bundle (Yes, I was only going to spend $2, it's all I had...) on it. I can't vouch for the game's quality (Not even sure if it'll work on my computer), but I loved Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas (As well as their previous work on the first two Fallouts as Black Isle Studios) and I also have their Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords.

I've heard it described as Mass Effect except with spies and not as good, and for $2, it sounds worth it...

17. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

To add to Alpha Protocal, Steam is having a sale for all Sega games that you can get on that service. Prices vary, but discounts can be anywhere from 50%-90% off, with the whole Sega Bundle going for about $80.

18. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Sorry, forgot to mention that, distracted by the RPG I've been wanting to play being only $2...

19. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

At first I was like "Woo!" but then I remembered "I have a cheap laptop that could never run this." And then I was like :crying:.

20. Chaos Yoshi Mage

How cheap? I have a $700 Toshiba Satellite I got back in February (I think...). It has a 2.4 GHz Processor and 4 GB of RAM, the game seems to run just fine (Although, all I really did was boot it up and walked around a little).