1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Top 50 Animated Television Shows

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Greg1, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Woah, Marcus, chill out, this is just a fun little list. A few favorites of mine didn't make the cut, but I'm not complaining(at least, not really), but I didn't know you could vote.:sweat:

2. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Wait what? I posted that way back in March and he's responding to it now?

And again, for the record, Powerpuff Girls - in it's day - was much, much bigger than Fairly Oddparents ever was. How much money the Spongebob Movie made or how popular PPG was compared to Pokemon means absolutely nothing to me.

The Powerpuff Girls were everywhere: dolls, action figures, t-shirts, sneakers, balloons, underwear, blankets, DVDs (back when no other CN property stood a chance of being on DVD), games, puzzles, backpacks, you name it. I worked at a day care center at the height of the PPG craze and it was everywhere. I certainly know what I'm talking about.

PPG deserves to be on that list. No great loss not seeing FOP there.

3. Marcus2

Marcus2 Member

Okay. Who reported my post?! Who deleted it?! I had every right as a U.S. citizen to post what I did. The forum rules really should change (at least a little): These censors should given an "F" by the U.S. government in toleration of freedom of speech, and are damnable by God!! :mad:

#83 Marcus2, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2007
  4. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

True, but being a private organization we are allowed to withhold that right in the name of good manners.

No more flamebait or it's the pokey for you. Understand?

5. Marcus2

Marcus2 Member

The only reason I'll never file a legal suit against you guys is because it's waste of my time. What is the pokey?! Whatever you said, it sounds like a threat to me. And it should have been you that got the pokey (whatever it is) for threatening me. Do you want me post my original message again, Martianinvader?

#85 Marcus2, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2007
  6. NintyScreen

NintyScreen Everything's Good With Mario!

That would be another word for jail.

Also, threatening "the man" is a big no-no. For a bonus point, ToonZone is usually family-friendly, so that would also be a no-no.

7. Steve Carras

Steve Carras SUGAR RUSH!!!!

And Gumby's horse. Speakign of which, that show wasn't even mentioned!

How true. This is getting to be a flame.

Hey, I'll bet that girl with glasses (in case you replace her) in your avatar is the one and only TINA FEY!!!:)

So did a number pioneering shows from Hanna-Barbera [needs no intro], "Gumby","Beany", and too many others. And adult appeal aside, they were all ignored.

#87 Steve Carras, Dec 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007
  8. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

I am so incredibly, unbelieveably grateful that Scooby Doo didn't make the Top 50. If this was TV Guide or some other crap, we'd probably see it in the top 10 (but this list so much more respectable.

9. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hate to bump this, but I've been trying time and time again to make a Top 50 cartoon list, but something always happens. I just have to give Greg1 his props for making this list work so well. He gave out detailed information about each show and everything.

And I'm not even going to compalin about Ed, Edd, n' Eddy not being on this list, but Captain Planet and Azumanga Daioh! did, among various obscure British shows.

No Naruto or Teen Titans, though.:D Glad to see not too many 14-year-old school girls got onto this.

10. Totally_Insaney

Totally_Insaney what is this? i don't even

Haha, yeah. :anime:

What, no Looney Tunes? =/

I also agree with Leviathan about Scooby-Doo.

#90 Totally_Insaney, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2008
  11. An Eskimo

An Eskimo Member

My guess is that this was a list counting TV cartoons, and not theater ones. Looney Tunes, in general, is, in my opinion, the greatest cartoon series of all time, but I don't think the TV reruns really count.

12. egfelixdcg

egfelixdcg Member

All my favourite animated tv shows are in the list. Glad to see Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, 1987 TMNT, S mario S Show, Ducktales and Chip n' Dale RR.

13. Totally_Insaney

Totally_Insaney what is this? i don't even

Oh yeah, this thread is called Top 50 Animated Television Shows. I'm an idiot. xP