1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List Thread)

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by wonderfly, Aug 12, 2014.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

This is just me, having some fun (and thinking through what episodes would be broadcast when)...

The Toonzone Channel!!

Began broadcasting on Monday, September 1st, 2014 at 7 pm EST. I envision it has an intro that is somewhat like this (back when the Sci-Fi Channel premiered):

[video=youtube;ecekNmL9zZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecekNmL9zZI[/video]

The first hour of actual broadcast would be a network special, with interviews of people in the animation industry and Toonzone "executives", and commercials/trailers for the upcoming line up of shows.

Then at 8 pm, we dive right into our regular rotation:

Sept. 1st:
    8:00 PM - The Simpsons Ep. 1: "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire"
    8:30 PM - The Simpsons Ep. 2: "Bart the Genius"
    9:00 PM - Friends Ep. 1: "The Pilot"
    9:30 PM - Rick and Morty Ep. 1: "Pilot"
    10:00 PM - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80's) Ep. 1: "Turtle Tracks"
    10:30 PM - Magic Knight Rayearth Ep. 1: "The Birth of the Legendary Magic Knights!"
    11:00 PM to 12:00 PM - Quantum Leap Ep. 1: "Genesis Pt. 1"
    12:00 pm to 1:00 AM - Buffy the Vampire Slayer Ep. 1: "Welcome to the Hellmouth"
    1:00 AM - "The Twilight Zone" (60's) Ep. 1: "Where Is Everybody?"
    1:30 AM - "Snark Attack!"
    2:00 AM - "Snark Attack!"

..."Inuyasha" and "Dragon Ball" would start early the next morning (Tuesday morning AM). The first "Animation Graveyard" movie would be "Titan A.E.", which would air on Sunday, Sept. 7th. The first "Toonzone Movie of the Week" would be the 1933 "King Kong", which would air Sunday, Sept 7th.

...the Toonzone Channel is now up to late October. We have yet to air our first marathon, but that will change with the arrival of Halloween.

2. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

I meant like Nielsen ratings, but whatever.

Nice to see some progress going on with this thread. I thought it died.

3. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

One of my original thoughts, wonderfly, when you posted the opening schedule for the night including each show's episode title was "oh no, he's not really going to do that for the whooooole channel is he?" then thought "hm, maybe he'll do it for prime time, except he doesn't have access to the titles to The LARPers" then figured you did that for the sake of the channel's opening night.

For those Poké-fanatics, I just looked up the 4 episodes for tonight and the 4 tomorrow...

TONIGHT
    8:00p - Showdown at the Po-ké Corral
    8:30p - The Evolution Solution
    9:00p - The Pi-Kahuna
    9:30p - Make Room for Gloom

TOMORROW
    8:00p - Lights, Camera, Quack-tion
    8:30p - Go West Young Meowth
    9:00p - To Master the Onixpected
    9:30p - The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis

These are episodes 65-72 (if you exclude the 2 banned episodes (Dratini + Porygon) but include Beauty and the Beach in its original spot)

The Pokémon League begins next Friday!

The ratings thing would be interesting. Long story short I run my own few 24/7s with original content and my own LARPers is part of it (on the mother channel), so I'd be curious how it's doing on TZC :p

4. wonderfly

Interestingly - those are the range of episodes where I first started tuning in to the show back in the late 90's! First episode I ever saw was "The Problem with Paras"....

5. wonderfly

I'm going to say that by Mid-November, the Toonzone Channel HAS aired 3 of it's marathons:

In late September (Sept. 26th to 28th) we aired the "Top 50-ish Star Trek franchise episodes" (48 hours worth of episodes. How did they get 50 episodes into 48 hours? Some of the "Top 50" were the "Star Trek: The Animated Series" episodes - which are 30 minutes in length. And they aired "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" - you see, they awarded the Top 5 slots of the "Top 50" to it.). ;) The marathon ran from 10:00 PM on Friday to 10:00 PM on Sunday.

On Friday, October 10th we aired the 24 hour "Lilo & Stitch" franchise marathon (a mixture of the movies and TV episodes), from 6 am Friday till 6 am Saturday.

And on Halloween, we aired the "Toonzone Monsterfest" marathon - a 12 hour horror movie marathon from 12 noon till 12 midnight.

6. Dan's Revenge

Hmm, that means the Pokemon listings above were incorrect - between the 3 marathons taken place, this would be this week's Pokemons

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 7TH
    8:00p - The Battle of the Badge
    8:30p - It's Mr. Mime Time
    9:00p - Holiday Hi-Jynx
    9:30p - Snow Way Out

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 8TH
    8:00p - Showdown at the Po-ké Corral
    8:30p - The Evolution Solution
    9:00p - The Pi-Kahuna
    9:30p - Make Room for Gloom

Including Pokemon 'not' being shown for Thanksgiving weekend, if there's no marathons over Christmas weekend, then the last episode to air this calendar year will be the Orange Islands finale "A Rivalry Revival", meaning the first episode to air in the 2015 calendar year would be the Johto Journeys premier "Don't Touch That 'Dile"

7. wonderfly

It's Mid-November, and the Ratings (among other things) have come in! (Note that this was all determined by some random dice rolls along with some patented "Einee-Meenie-Minie-Moe" randomness). Here are the "winners and losers" of the Toonzone Channel to date!

The Losers:

1. Cancelled due to Low Ratings:

Monday thru Friday: 12:00 to 1:00 PM: Looney Tunes

2. Cancelled due to unexpectedly loosing the rights to air the show:

Monday thru Friday: 6:30 AM: Batman: The Animated Series

3. Show with multiple airings that is being overplayed judging by the ratings (it needs decreased):

Monday thru Thursday: 8 PM to 9 PM: The Simpsons

4. Show with controversial episode causing Soccer Moms to call for a Boycott:

Monday thru Friday: 5:30 AM: Inuyasha/Inuyasha - The Final Act

5. Block of Programming needing cut in hours to make way for paid advertising ("The Exercise Machine/Carving Knife/Juice Machine of the Future!!"):

Early Tuesdays from 2:30 am to 5:30 am: "Cartoon Cravings".

6. Show that becomes unwatchable due to real life events (an actor commits real-life homocide or maybe a terrorist attack resembles episodes/overall plot of the show):

Wednesdays from 11:00 PM to 12 Midnight: "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century"

The Winners:

7. Popular enough re-run that it generates interest in making a new show:

Monday Thru Friday: 2:00 PM: The Munsters

8. Popular enough that it warrants moving it to Prime Time (one new episode a week, with reruns airing possibly more than once a week):

Monday 1:30 AM to 2:30 AM: Bob's Burgers

9. Popular enough original show that it warrants airing every night (Monday thru Friday):

Thursdays at 11 PM: Falling Anvils

10. Popular enough that they want it to air more often:

Monday and Tuesdays at 4:30 PM: Clarence

11. Show that's popular enough to warrant it being the star of a block of programming:

Monday thru Friday at 6:30 PM: BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo

12. Block of Programming popular enough to warrant additional programming added to block:

Sundays, from 12 am to 4 am (which I'm calling the "Obscure Block", until I come up with a better name): Mystery Science Theater 3000, followed by the Animation Graveyard.

8. wonderfly

So what does the above post mean?

The above "losers" will automatically be removed/rearranged here soon. Feel free to propose replacement shows for those time slots! Due to that being just 6 shows, only 2 proposed replacements per person (to give more than one person a chance to fill some slots). First come, first serve.

The above "winners" automatically make it through for renewal and/or expansion when the schedule gets revamped here soon (more to come on that). In the meantime, if a "winner" posted above calls for increased hours, feel free to propose what timeslot(s) it should take! Yes, this will lead to removal of some other programming, but such are the hard choices that are part of the game! If something proposed interferes with some of your favorites, feel free to make a counter proposal! (Also, negotiate among yourselves)... :)

9. Dan's Revenge

Darn shame about Looney Tunes, it brought on Turner-owned! - and shoot, I'm nearly the winner of the Losers! Half of them are something I added! + losing Cartoon Planet Friday nights (which is okay, still has Saturday mornings) That's TV business for ya!

Okay, so uh... only 2 proposed replacements... I'll assume that with Looney Tunes being in 10 slots, I can only take those 10 and nothing more? I'll post anyway and see if a reply comes in my favor.

As for my self-titled Cartoon Cravings block of all shows I requested - remove Toon Heads entirely - that gives 4:30am-5:30am for Paid Programming, as the woman's voice at the end of the show has said "watch these and other great cartoons on the ACME Hour, right here on Cartoon Network" - I do want to request a change though. I want to merge MGM + Acme Hour and just simply have a 2-hour "Cartoon Cravings" for the same cartoons, but randomly played instead of 6 or 7 consecutive MGMs or etc. So Screwball Squirrel then Bugs + Yosemite then Droopy... I don't really care either way - still logical to have Toon Heads off.

Now for the topic ... as for replacements... had thought to try Cartoon Cravings as a 1-hour block in place of Looney Tunes, but don't know how well that'd work and if that would be smart or not - and there's still the late-night block itself, so instead... I'll add CN originals surrounded by classics and see how that goes. (Kind of like 10 years ago when [as] added Futurama + Sealab 2021 to Saturday nights, that's my hope of a vibe here) -- 12:00pm = The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (M-F), 12:30pm = The Powerpuff Girls (M-F)

Bo-BoBo as a lead to a block ey? That to me is like an anime version of Cartoon Planet almost, I love the idea Fly of Wonder! Imagine the wackiness... Could have a RPS segment like in the series, but change up results instead of it being fortune telling. Say if you lose... you have to eat part of Jelly Jiggler... if you win... you can get service from Service Man (see image below)... or something... you can think of other ideas later :p

Post Script #1, guess my own original series The LARPers is doing okay even if I'm only letting just past-season episodes air ^_^

#2: Have you considered a weekly post where the titles to shows are mentioned? At least for prime-time. I was thinking of doing it for Pokemon weekly cause it's really quick. I also have titles to The LARPers, and that's also prime-time (though between Mon-Thu 8-10p, it's the only non-adult series. I don't have even lighter words like "he** or da**" in it as the fake channel I run is all kid-friendly, despite suggestive dialogue.

Service!

[​IMG]

10. wonderfly

Yes, but there's also the fact that you contributed more shows to this silly little game of ours than anyone else here, so that factors into it. ;)

There are 6 shows listed above that are either getting cancelled outright or having their hours cut back. Feel free to propose replacement shows for 2 of them (either from shows already on the schedule elsewhere, or by adding new shows).

EDIT: Well, I guess technically "Cartoon Cravings" is getting chopped down to 2 hours to make way for paid advertising...so uh, feel free to propose what "Paid Advertising" is filling that time slot! ;)

The other aspect was proposing where the winners get to go in their new hours of broadcast. Suggestions welcome!

11. Dan's Revenge

... I like how as far as being an admin or mod goes - you, being an admin, are honest when you do make an edit cause it never shows on posts.

----

Yeah - I definitely jumped at it but didn't expect much of anything further down the road. TBH, I actually like it this way - feels more real.

Okay, so I basically filled in 2 shows for 1 so... it'd feel wrong to come up with a 3rd for only replacing a 2nd show. What I'll do is keep my original idea (Grim + PPG for Looney Tunes), but just let a 4th person decide on just 1 show - basically, letting one other individual (butchered spelling to that word twice ~~) have a chance at this. They wont have 2 picks, but at least it creates 1 additional post that whomever posts, will be able to get in this as well. Of course, your thread, your rules ;-)

12. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Let's get some more Sailor Moon (VIZ dub) and Dragon Ball Z Kai on the schedule!

13. wonderfly

Okay, I put "Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" and "The PowerPuff Girls" in place of Looney Tunes Monday thru Friday in the noon hour.

Okay, can do!

I ended up putting "Dragon Ball Z Kai" on in the spot previously held by "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" (Wednesdays at 11 and 11:30 PM).

And Sailor Moon I have placed on the spot previously held by Batman: The Animated Series (Monday thru Friday at 6:30 am). In that spot, it serves as a nice compliment to the old Dragon Ball which is airing at 6 am (it's the 90's all over again)!

To follow up with the other changes that were mentioned in the post on the previous page:

I removed Inuyasha and replaced it with Paid Programming.

I removed Simpsons from the 8:30 spot Monday through Thursday. I replaced it with "Falling Anvils" Monday thru Friday. That removed Pokemon from the 8:30 PM slot on Friday nights. I also removed Pokemon from the 8:00 PM slot on Friday night and replaced it with "Clarence" (which meets the need for more episodes of that show to air in Prime Time).

That just leaves "Bobobo" being the lead show in a block, and also maybe increasing the "Obscure film" block. But the schedule is otherwise complete.

I think I'm going to relaunch the schedule (with some plot twists) either in December or January. Look for the new thread to come soon!

14. Dan's Revenge

I must say... weekdays 6am-7am is definitely an attractive hour. In reality, it's making it one-step closer for me to actually wanting to buy S1-P1 of the new Sailor Moon dub, since I already own all of DB... later watch those two back-to-back... I may never come back here!! ... that reminds me of something too. Maybe in the early 2000s... I think on AOL when you did a search for anime or anime.com... something close to that, it came to some window showing just DBZ + SM. Would be amazing to at least find an image of it again.

new Sailor Moon dub nitpick - do we have all the new dubbed episodes? ;-) - The second half of S1 comes out in February, so all 46 are potentially ready.

I've updated the picture schedule which now includes a special thing I added to the blank upper-left corner (of all 4 grids). Will wait until you announce the official launch of this new schedule before posting it. Probably in the new thread it appears you'll make and wait to seek out plot twists in case I need to slightly update the picture schedule again.

15. wonderfly

Well, maybe they will air the older dubbed episodes when the run out of new dubs episodes. That way it IS more like the 90's. :) Besides, we already have the new dubs airing on Friday nights...

Well, as far as when this "revised" schedule takes effect, I guess it kicks in tomorrow night, following the completion of the "My Little Pony" marathon which is going on now (on our imaginary Toonzone Channel). :) Remember, we lost the rights to "Batman: The Animated Series", so we can't air it anymore, effective immediately.

The next schedule/format change won't occur till some time in January, or maybe February. Like I said, I'll do a new thread here in December or January.

16. Dan's Revenge

My previous image I pathetically uploaded to imageshack which appears to only now be subscription-only doesn't appear anymore and nothing via IS I can do about it, so, I'll trust photobucket more.

Here's the revised.

[​IMG]

17. Dan's Revenge

Double-post, but long time since last reply ~~

Anyways, I'm finally unveiling my order for the Dan Vs. New Years Eve marathon! Some episodes are paired by a theme however I saw it with just other throw-ins. My top 4 favorite episodes air from 8pm-10pm starting with my favorite episode.

DECEMBER 31ST (EST)
    6:00 AM - The Animal Shelter (S01, E05)
    6:30 AM - Dan* (*Imposter) (S01, E18)
    7:00 AM - Stupidity (S02, E12)
    7:30 AM - The Common Cold (S03, E06)
    8:00 AM - Summer Camp (S03, E13)
    8:30 AM - Wild West Town (S02, E18)
    9:00 AM - The Lemonade Stand Gang (S01, E12)
    9:30 AM - The Neighbors (S02, E03)
    10:00 AM - The Beach (S01, E11)
    10:30 AM - The Ski Trip (S03, E08)
    11:00 AM - Anger Management (S03, E01)
    11:30 AM - George Washington (S01, E12)
    12:00 PM - Ye Olde Shakespeare Dinner Theater (S01, E08)
    12:30 PM - The Fancy Restaurant (S01, E17)
    1:00 PM - Burgerphile (S01, E20)
    1:30 PM - Vegetables (S03, E10)
    2:00 PM - The Gym (S02, E08)
    2:30 PM - Reality TV (S02, E14)
    3:00 PM - Baseball (S01, E09)
    3:30 PM - Golf (S02, E07)
    4:00 PM - The Mechanic (S03, E04)
    4:30 PM - Technology (S01, E13)
    5:00 PM - Canada (S01, E06)
    5:30 PM - New Mexico (S01, E01)
    6:00 PM - Elise's Parents (S01, E16)
    6:30 PM - The Family Cruise (S03, E12)
    7:00 PM - The Family Camping Trip (S01, E19)
    7:30 PM - Dancing (S02, E04)
    8:00 PM - The DMV (S03, E07)
    8:30 PM - Jury Duty (S03, E09)
    9:00 PM - The Dinosaur (S02, E11)
    9:30 PM - The Bank (S02, E05)
    10:00 PM - The Wolf-Man (S01, E02)
    10:30 PM - The Monster Under the Bed (S02, E06)
    11:00 PM - Traffic (S01, E07)
    11:30 PM - Art (S01, E15)

JANUARY 1ST (EST)
    12:00 AM - The Wedding (S02, E09)
    12:30 AM - The High School Reunion (S03, E05)
    1:00 AM - The Catburglar (S02, E10)
    1:30 AM - The Mummy (S03, E02)
    2:00 AM - The Ninja (S01, E03)
    2:30 AM - The Magician (S01, E21)
    3:00 AM - The Superhero (S03, E11)
    3:30 AM - The Boss (S03, E03)
    4:00 AM - The Dentist (S01, E04)
    4:30 AM - The Barber (S01, E14)
    5:00 AM - The Salvation Armed Forces (S01, E10)
    5:30 AM - Gigundo-Mart (S02, E16)

Episodes not included:
    1] The Mall Santa (S02, E02) - aired plenty by Christmas
    2] The Telemarker (S02, E13)
    3] Parents (S02, E15)
    4] The Family Thanksgiving (S02, E01) - aired plenty by Thanksgiving
    5] Chris (S02, E17)

During this 24-hour marathon, there'll be snippets of the 1st Toonzone season of the show! I came up with 16 episode bios, so it'll be a 16-episode season. Only a few episodes will have snippets shown as to save more surprises for later! All the snippets will replay in case viewers were unable to see them in prior showings.

18. validating

validating PUT SOME BUTTER ON IT

Um, the schedule Is full. How do I add to this.

19. wonderfly

Look for the new game to be started here soon, in the next day or two. You can add to that one!

20. shoohorn

shoohorn Banned

small schedule change Mon 6:00 AM The Brothers Flub
    Weekends 5:00 AM The AnyTown Show

• Like Like x 1