1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List Thread)

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by wonderfly, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

I did, thought it wouldn't be too big a problem :p

I'll substitute though. I'll go with your idea of hour-long ToonHeads.

My bad for not describing MGM prior, but you did link correctly. For all the time they played those cartoons on Boomerang, they titled the show as "MGM".

2. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Sorry, those slots were already filled by HUBTigers87 above. I just hadn't filled them in yet.

And it looks like that brings the first Toonzone channel schedule to a close! Except that I've got a couple extra games to add in (see next post)...

3. wonderfly

1. MARATHONS!!

No fictional channel is complete without a list of movie/TV show episode marathons to air every once in a while! On occasion, the Toonzone channel will interrupt regular programming to bring you a special marathon. We now have 12 Marathons Slots to fill - you can nominate 2 different types of marathons with each post! Please select either a 12 hour marathon, a 24 hour marathon, or a 48 hour weekend marathon, and then fill it with whatever show (shows?) or movies you want (if it's different movies, there should be a theme to your marathon - please name your theme). This doesn't have to be shows/movies already listed before now!

For extra creativeness (it's not required): feel free to list what time of day the marathon starts and ends (remember, use either 12 hour, 24 hour, or 48 hours though). For extra, extra creativeness (again, it's not required): list what episodes of a show will air as part of your marathon!

2. Time to Resolve: How much of our line-up is shows with New Premier episodes?

I don't think the Toonzone Channel should be JUST reruns. Besides the new TV show creations we came up with (like "Snark Attack!"), how many TV shows have new episodes to premier? Is there a show of yours on the list that is still airing new episodes on American TV? (like, say, Space Dandy?). Let me know, I'll note that we have new episodes premiering on our channel. And if there is an anime on our list that's never aired in America before, please tell me, and I'll note this as being a U.S. premier.

But wait, there's more!! Through some sort of miracle, the Toonzone Channel is able to get new episodes of shows already cancelled before now! Even if it was a show from the 60's, (like, say, Yogi Bear), we miraculously have new episodes in production! Please pick 2 shows that you added previously, and list them here as having new episodes which the Toonzone Channel will air! I'll note that on the schedule on the 1st page. Mild Suggestion: New episode premiers are usually shown either in late afternoon or anytime in the evening or early late night. Or on Saturday mornings. Weekday mornings are not a good time to air premiers, usually. But pick whatever show you want.

3. Name a Program Block!

Cartoon Network had Toonami. Nickelodeon had SNICK. Disney had Jetix. See a group of shows on our schedule that may have a theme? Give the block a name! It can be a group of shows 2 hours in length to 8 hours in length! And it doesn't have to be just shows you alone listed, if you see a group of shows that was patchworked together by you and others, and you see a theme, give the block a name! If it sounds good, I'll note it on the schedule on page one of this thread

Any questions? Okay, so get to cracking on these tidbits! This will help round out the Toonzone Channel!

4. Dan's Revenge

MARATHONS
    I'll figure the whole marathon thing out in the later post, but I do have one in mind! (just need to work the basics)

PREMIERS
    As for the premiers, of the ones I gave, "Cardcaptor Sakura" (Tuesdays from 7p-8p) is one as it's the newly dubbed version from NIS America. Original openings and closings intact. The remaining one is my own series "The LARPers" (Thursdays at 9p). I could think of some ideas for actual shows, too, maybe just 1 or 2 though so it doesn't get too out of hand. Hmm... probably wouldn't be ready until next summer or maybe fall 2015 cause of production time ;-) In future lineups I'll throw in more fake shows I've created.

BLOCKS (mainly just targeting within the shows I selected)
    1) The early Saturday morning block (2:30a-5:30a) of classics I threw in there... "Classic Laughs"
    2) Early Sundays from 4:00am-6:00am = "Mystery Mash"
    3) Saturdays 4p-6p = "Nick Games"
    4) Sundays 4p-6p = "Nick Funnies"
    5) Saturdays 8a-12p = "Saturday Morning Breakfast" -- smell that bacon!
    6) Early Tuesdays from 2:30am-5:30am) - "Cartoon Cravings"

5. wonderfly

I have updated the list on page 1 of this thread, noting which of these series have new episodes to air yet to air in the U.S. (to the best of my knowledge - if there is an error, or something I overlooked, let me know). That kind of shows what type of new programming our fictional channel can offer. ;)

Well, just to be clear - Cardcaptor Sakura newly dubbed version has yet to air in America, if I'm understanding correctly, so that's automatically a NEW premier. And "the LARPer's" is a new creation - so it's automatically going to have new episodes. I was wondering if you (and others) had shows you picked that have clearly ended airing new episodes in America - and you wanted to say "It's getting new episodes in my perfect Toonzone Channel universe!!" Like "Dan Vs." for instance...

I was saying you guys can select 2 of those type of shows. Shows that have been cancelled with no new episodes to air in America, you have the right to renew them!

MARATHONS:

For my first marathon: I think I'd run a poll asking viewers to vote on the Top "50-ish" episodes (and movies) to every be made for the entire Star Trek franchise. From original Star Trek to the Star Trek: Voyager, from "Wrath of Khan" to the recent reboot movies, even tossing in Star Trek The Animated Series, people can vote on whatever they think is the best of that franchise. Have them air for 48 hours on a weekend. It'd probably be less than 50 episodes when you factor in movies making it onto the list once the votes were counted.

EDIT: My 2nd Marathon: 24 hours of "Lilo and Stitch"! Starts at 6 pm on Friday, with a showing of the original "Lilo and Stitch" movie. That is followed by "Stitch! The Movie", and then episodes of the "Lilo and Stitch" TV series after that, till the 24 hours are up.

6. Dan's Revenge

..... funny that you say "like Dan Vs. for instance" - cause that was going to be my only targeted actual show. Was and still am coming up with an unknown # ideas for 2015 :)

7. Dan's Revenge

Completed a little project - been done a few days, just thought to wait until today to unveil it.

[​IMG]

8. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

That's awesome. I really like it.

9. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Groovy! Excellent work, HUBTigers87!

10. wonderfly

You are forever enshrined in the Hall of Awesomeness for that work, HUBTigers87!!

EDIT: I edited the list to note that we have 2 marathons...if anyone wishes to add more, feel free to do so, but otherwise, I think I'll stop there...

11. Dan's Revenge

1) I'll aim to do a 24-hour Dan Vs. marathon where 48 of the 53 can air to fill in 24 hours. One target was to do it New Year's Eve into NY's Day but I wouldn't mind doing it earlier. I'll just look at the 5 episodes to remove. (nobody seems to like the imposter, so the two he appears in will be among the 5)

2) Saw the update on your opening post mentioning all new series, episodes and "ordered" :D -- I don't know what you'll have planned within half a year, cause should Saturday morning 10-12 stay as it is for now, was thinking of letting Cartoon Planet play all 22 then removing it, sliding Dan up to 10:30 to play its new episodes there then just finding something else to play at 10. I've come up with titles too, but those remain a secret for now :) - I think they're well-thought out. Only thing I never seem to do much of is making a small description. Usually when I title things, I title it well enough to remember my own premise for it.

3) I look forward to seeing my plaque in the HoA!

EDIT: I'll be having fun the next few day or so re-creating the document in which I used to create that -- microsoft excel spreadsheet where I pasted the pictures. File just simply got deleted on its own, wasn't in recycle bin so yea -- normally I use paint but wanted to do it different. May still go with it afterall. Will just create the dimensions and paste them into there. -- That's a least problem as I make a habit of saving ALL character images/logos that I crop any BG from, so all of those images are still safe :) -- been an ongoing project for a couple years or so - many of which I already had.

#71 Dan's Revenge, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  12. HombreSinNombre

HombreSinNombre James Earl Jones

Impressive work, HUBTigers87! Very cool.

As for marathons, How about a Classic Horror/Monster marathon (12 or 24 hour) on Halloween? We could call it Toonzone Monsterfest (Since AMC doesn't use that name anymore). Featured would be the Universal classics Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Wolf Man, The Invisible Man and Creature from the Black Lagoon uncut and commercial free.

13. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Nice work, HUBTigers87. It's really creative.

14. Bakuformer00

Bakuformer00 Member

Nice job HUBtigers97
    Saturdays at 9:00 Doraemon
    9:30 Little women anime
    10:00 Tom Sawyer anime
    For you HUBtigers97!:)

#74 Bakuformer00, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  15. Dan's Revenge

<.< ... >.> ... *bump*

wonderfly! -- it's been a month, how's the channel doing?

16. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

What's the ratings?

17. Dan's Revenge

Still no reply ... shoot - hope no wonderfly appearance means that the channel is already struggling to where he may have to add boring documentary shows to half of the schedule each day and rename the channel to Discovery Family or something related! ... *gasp*

18. SuperMegaHyper

SuperMegaHyper ...I don't even know anymore.

A fate worse than death.

Anywho if the Marathon thing is still open. "The Running of the Leaves" MLP Thanksgiving weekend marathon. Starting on Wednesday every MLP episode, movie, and special since Gen 1 all the way to up 4, scattered with behind the scenes looks at the upcoming theatrical movie. (This also counts as premiere, as gen 1 an 4 get spots on the schedule, morning spots probably).

Next up is the "The Really REALLY Big Cartoon Marathon" Two full days filled with cartoon movies and shorts, ranging from the works of Winsor Mccay, to Pen Ward. Among the movies are the network premieres of "The Secret of Kells", "Wolf Children" and "Peabody and Sherman".

19. wonderfly

Okay. Okay. OKAYOKAYOKAY!!! ;)

Sorry. I took a break for a little while (not just from this thread, but from Toonzone, for a while).

Still tossing out some ideas for what to do next. I'm devising things like a ratings system and when to shake things up for a new line-up.

In the meantime, I'll add in these marathons you guys have come up with in your last few posts.

I think I declared that all marathons could not be more than 48 hours in length. I'll grant your marathon to run from Friday to Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. But Thanksgiving day (and I guess Friday, the day after Thanksgiving) are still available.

Awesome. Feel free to toss in specific names of more cartoons. I've added this to the list.

I think that will do for marathons (aside from a Thanksgiving day marathon, if someone wants to come up with something for that). That'll give us enough marathons to get us through till early next year (which is when the schedule will shake up again, for sure)...

EDIT: A "Christmas Day" marathon might be a good idea as well. But that's it.

20. Dan's Revenge

Good to see you again fly of wonder.

I wont place any bids for any other marathon since I've already claimed NYE 6am - NYD 6am for 48 episodes of Dan Vs. - One thought I did have in mind though is while not necessarily a marathon, setting 'some' time aside to play holiday episodes of shows. Totally up to you though, cause otherwise, most have some that can be played during their regular rotation. For example, The Simpsons having been on 4 nights a week, one Halloween episode could have been played each night for 25 nights in a row, so it can work that way too. The Christmas episode of Dan Vs. can be played a couple times in it's regular spots as well, so no loss there.

I've come up today actually after seeing your return post a list of the Dan Vs. episodes for that marathon. (I'd forgotten all about it and saw it on the opening post) I removed 5 of the 53 for my 48. The Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes are 2 of those not in it, as they can play a few times before their respective holidays in their regular time slots. I'll announce that list near enough to NYE.