1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries" Joins Boomerang Starting July 13th

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Cartoon Ruler, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, it's been a while. That show was part of Kids WB's launch and stayed on long enough to rub shoulders with the Pokemon.

3. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Wow, WBA is really taking advantage of Boomerang's revamp.

I'm liking it. Let's hope they can continue with the surprises.

4. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

S&TM is showing on the July 18 schedule. It's here for keeps.

5. ZeroKelvin

ZeroKelvin One poppin' pariffero

Gonna be nice to finally see episodes from later seasons of this show. I own the first season DVD, which is the only one WB put out. I've seen bits of that last episode "This is the End" once on Youtube (one reason I'm interested is because of from what I heard of the later episodes is the change in episode format and recurring characters from season 1).

It's just so good seeing Boomerang getting more shows (especially since this is a Kids' WB show). Now if only they could squeeze in a another one or another old Cartoon Cartoon before the big new shows arrive, but hey we'll just have to wait and see...

6. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I never really watched Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries. I was aware of its' existence, but I've never sat through an entire episode. I've seen bits and pieces of a few eps; I remember Cool Cat turning up in an episode once, but that's my only real memory of this show.

Still, another WB show turning up on Boomerang. Not bad at all.

7. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

As a fan of Classic Looney Tunes, I'll be looking for to The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries. By the way, this is irrelevant to the subject matter to this thread, but love your profile pic, Cartoon Ruler. You, too, Silverstar.

8. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

Well, since Dish's Top 200 package now has Boomerang, I guess it wouldn't hurt to start watching the cat and bird solve mysteries again.

9. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Hopefully more shows like S&TM come to Boomerang, like The porky pig show or Baby Looney tunes come back

10. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I wonder if they'll show the series finale (which I believe only aired once in the US, ever).

11. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

No, it aired more than once.

12. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

I've seen the finale before, and I enjoyed it.

13. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Well, I'll be glad to know to know why you were never really interested in S&TM. But I personally thought it was good, not the best Looney Tunes series (Tiny Toons would take this cake), but it was alright.

Thanks. I chose it because Inside Out is one of my favorite Pixar movies and Joy is also my favorite character of the movie. I also like Silverstar's avatar as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

For me it wasn't so much lack of interest in the show specifically as it was my TV watching in general was getting a little sporadic at that point (I was watching more cable than regular TV and I wasn't all that into what Kids' WB! was offering at that time), plus I've always been basically 'meh' about Tweety & Sylvester (don't hate 'em, but there are other Looney Tunes characters I've always liked more), but now that it's on Boomerang maybe I'll give it a look.

As for my avvy, thanks, guys. I chose Disgust because I like her design (I think she's kind of hot for a little emotion gnome thing) plus I'm probably more like Disgust than I should be. Joy's my third favorite character from Inside Out, after Riley and Disgust. I kind of like Riley's mom's design too.

• Like Like x 1
    #14 Silverstar, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  15. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Well funny enough, zap2it lied - the series finale is on right now on Boomerang.

16. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

If it wasn't for the theme song, I would of said I never watched this show.

I haven't seen this in like forever, and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I hope Boom adds this to their regular line-up like they did with Courage.

17. StorytellerMJ5

StorytellerMJ5 Active Member

I really liked this shows when I was a kid, but I can't watch it now because I don't have Boomerang. I do have a DVD of some of it. Maybe I'll watch it sometime.

18. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Too bad Discovery Family when it was The Hub never got a chance to rerun this 1990's Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries cartoon series.

19. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

The Hub never announced any plans to acquire The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries. There was no guarantee that would have happened whether Discovery had resumed control over the channel or not.

#19 Goldstar Neo, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  20. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

It looks like after this current run of S&TM is over on Sunday July 19th (whether it continues on in the future remains to be seen), the following episodes will have aired:
    *The majority of Season 1 (Something Fishy Around Here, A Ticket To Crime, The Maltese Canary, It Happened One Night Before Christmas, and One Fig won't be airing)
    *The entire Season 5
    *The last four episodes of Season 4 (all are running the final day, July 19th)
    *One lone Season 2 episode (Catch as Catch Cannes/Yodel Recall)