1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Super Hero Squad Show" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 7, 2008.

1. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

That's why I don't understand CN today. I mean, sure, 6:30am on Saturday mornings is far from a good timeslot, but the fact that they just aired it once a week and even added it to their Saturday morning advertisement (not sure if they gave it any individuals) but if they really wanted to hide it from us, why not just give it the MetaJets/Gormiti treatment from the beginning of season 2 (that's when Disney bought Marvel, right?)? I mean, Marathon and Cookie Jar didn't do anything to CN or Turner, right?

2. Captain Travis

I love funny stuff in super heroes but the style of comedy just wasnt for me

3. supergirl's pal

supergirl's pal Give us a SBFF Animated Series

Sorry to read that the show won't continue, but I'm glad that She-Hulk appeared in at least one episode.

4. Sixshot

Sixshot New Member

Both my sibling and I are adults and we both found this show extremely well written (one of the best lately) and very (refreshingly!) funny. It was both witty and had lots of fun references, making it for parents too without every single "for adult" thing being about sex.

Coupled with Avengers (one more serious, the other more comedic) we were both impressed.

Sure, the SHSS had some "body" humour I could've done without, but overall I was really impressed... so naturally it had to go away. At least it wasn't like Firefly... or Threshold. Still I hope they release S2 on DVD.

I am heartened by:
    Some DVD movies, mini-series etc. would placate me... and it's always possible (politics that shouldn't be interfering anyway aside!!) that it could be reborn... maybe...

5. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

I personally liked the show because it gave me a total "Justice Friends" vibe (but with the ACTUAL Marvel characters). It seemed really rough around the edges at times though. Like the mixture of the cartoon slapstick and the scenes of genuine tension and drama seemed rather sloppy. It's like the comic timing was off. Plus the animation recycling in Season 2 was 90s Spider-man levels of terribad.

Still, it was great to see Marvel characters portrayed so humorously. I really liked the artstyle (despite the stiff animation). Really wouldn't mind seeing more someday.

Ehh, while it's good that she appeared. Really didn't care for the voice. Katee Sackhoff right? Yeah, she sounded really bored and uninterested. I always imagine She-Hulk sounding more energetic and peppy.

6. DonkeyKongSong

Well, to give the show one last send-off...

Next week only, catch a double dose of Super Hero Squad at 8:30am EST, as well as a 90-minute marathon at 10:30am EST on Saturday morning!

But after that, the show leaves the airwaves. Bakugan returns to weekday mornings in SHSS's former slot.

7. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

Marvel Superhero Squad to be aquired soon on The Hub Saturdays Line-Up!

Well It seems the show (Marvel Superhero Squad) will have a New home on The Hub. As seen on The Hub Saturdays Promo recently. It reveals a two second clip of it, and it seems to reveal it. No Joke! It will be on there soon (Possibly March, or April). Its official, but there is no clip on Youtube. I saw it, and it was kind of a slip.

#427 Sparkster24, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
  8. toonboy53

toonboy53 Member

I'm surprised disney xd didn't try to get the show. Aw well

9. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

The Super Hero Squad Show seems like a weird fit for The Hub, but at least the show has a new home. Hopefully Hasbro will air the series at a decent hour, even if it is just reruns. Perhaps The Hub will pair up SHS with The Aquabats Super Show!, whenever it premieres. That seems like a likely combination.

10. Aquaman OS

Aquaman OS Member

I'm confused. Marvel's association with Disney killed it in the first place because it was associated with a rival network, and the solution is to....make it part of another rival network? That doesn't seem to be a decent solution, although maybe the Hub is willing to work with others more than Cartoon Network is.

11. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

It makes sense that The Hub would be the one to pick it up though, since Hasbro are the ones who make the toy line SHSS is based on.

Regardless, it's nice to see it finding a new home so fast and I hope that Hasbro orders more episodes. I'd love to see what else they can do with this universe. (And hopefully, Spidey can get involved this time around.)

12. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

Well it would be a well fit, and about its premiere release of Aquabats, it will be out on March.

13. Venom Melendez

Venom Melendez Active Member

It makes perfect sense actually, Hasbro is the one that makes the SHS toyline.

14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

This should be a better fit for the series than Cartoon Network at this point though it will probably be a much reduced viewership. I am somewhat surprised that it won't go to Disney XD though I had a hard time imagining it blending with Disney XD's comedy shows. The promo shows that it will be airing alongside My Little Pony, Transformers: Rescue Bots, Pound Puppies and other old and new toyetic series on the Saturday block. Hopefully the Hub will treat it as a new series and as a priority, similar to what Nicktoons did after acquiring FF:WGH.

15. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

Wow! Glad I wasn't crazy when I saw that after seeing MLP. Good for them! And here I wanted to do an MLP/SHS parody video (there actually is a SHS episode where they make a bunch of horse jokes and even make an MLP reference), now I've got all the more reason to!

I have to wonder if this will simply be like Nicktoon's acquisition of F4 or if we'll eventually see a season 3? Kinda doubtful, but then, Marvel's been pretty ambiguous about the show ending and it seems like they're still willing to push the SHS brand. Who knows?

16. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

Since Hasbro still makes the toys, I guess this makes enough sense.. I'd like to see the series continue, though I guess it's canceled at this point? :shrug:

17. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

That's a good fit for The Hub. They'll treat it better than DXD would have.

18. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

Disney does not see the Hub as a threat so it seems they have less problem allowing them to air some TV shows and movies that are less important to them. Like the Honey I Shrunk the kids Tv show, Home on the Range (Which must be the dark horse of Disney Cannon if they allow that) the Muppet movies and so on.

I guess this show falls under the same line of stuff Disney really does not care about.

19. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Marvel Entertainment has issued a press release announcing The Hub acquisition of The Super Hero Squad Show. Click here to check it out!

The popular half-hour series, which features the world’s best-known Super Heroes including Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America will join The Hub’s Monday through Friday lineup beginning Monday, January 30, at 4 p.m. ET (with encore presentations on the weekend).

20. DonkeyKongSong

Yeah, not to mention when Haim Saban bought back thePower Rangers franchise from Disney, he said he was going to sell it to The Hub, not Nickelodeon. That said, if he had said Nicktoons exclusively, I doubt Disney would have cared.