1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Super Hero Squad Show" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 7, 2008.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Get ready to "Hero Up!" with The Super Hero Squad Show.

[​IMG]
    "The Super Hero Squad Show"
    For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

To check out the newest information, look for the newest post in this thread for any updates. For the latest information on what's coming, check out the links below:

-Marvel Animation Age
    -Toon Zone News

Comments?

Note: Please keep this thread, and the discussion found within, on-topic. Thank you.

2. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

I am surprised it took them this long to make an animated series about the toys. LOL seeing a really tonedown Wolverine is gonna be weird.

3. Spider-Friends

Spider-Friends www.spider-friends.com

Everybody just take a step back, turn and walk away. We can all forget that this ever happened.

4. thundarr82

thundarr82 Member

I definitely will be checking out the Marvel Superhero Squad to see if the series is any good. If the characters look more like either the 60's designs or that of Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, I will be watching this. If people are going to give the benefit of the doubt to Teen Iron man...why not give Super Hero Squad a chance?

5. Spider-Friends

Spider-Friends www.spider-friends.com

Personally, I'm not willing to give a teen Iron Man a chance. Regardless, Super Hero Squad is a worse offense. This is going to be based on these toys: http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/default.cfm?page=Products/SuperheroSquad

6. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Sounds like something to compete with DC's Brave and the Bold.

It'll probably be good for the target audience but I'm not interested. I'd like to see the "super stylized" designs and I'm curious as to why this has a tie in DVD yet the other shows have no such arrangement.

7. Arkaron

Arkaron Member

If this is a comedy show, I'm all for it. If they try to make it serious...I'm not interested.

8. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

So, are the characters going to be actual kids, like the Spider-Man & Friends books which Super Hero Squad evolved from, or are they just going to be super-deformed chibi adults? It might be cute to see as the former, but if it's the latter, I'm not sure how far this thing will fly.

9. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

heh-heh... whooo... I guess I'm unhip, I would have never thought to greenlight something like that..

I guess the idea is to push the toys and increase awareness at a younger age of Marvel-related characters.. already there's the Marvel Babies merchandise out there, and "spider-man & friends" preschool toys/clothing..

alas, an even more kiddie-ized superfriends..? I guess they'll be in character all the time, no subplots, probably no civilian supporting cast.. and of course, generally non-violent conflict resolution (or, violence against robots at best- here comes Ultron!)..

LOL @ a kiddie-character referred to as 'The Abomination'.. I guess it may be shortened to "Bommy" or something..

Since this is clearly really happening, I would want to see:
    Black Panther
    Storm
    Blade
    Cloak
    Dagger
    Sentry
    Wonder Man
    Ms. Marvel
    Falcon
    Daredevil

10. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

Given that humrous is used in the description it could work. I mean, the Marvel Minis have been pretty funny.

11. Danzigg

Danzigg Member

Sounds interesting think I'll reserve judgement until I see more I would expect some info round the time of the SDCC if it's a 2009 release. I don't think there's a need to dumb down animation for kids but understand this is a good way at bringing new readers in comic shops which I'm all for.

12. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Look like they are also getting a video game courtesy of THQ.

13. R-Taco

R-Taco Just A Little Bit Crazy

Looks cute. Sounds like a neat idea to get kids into the characters.

14. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

ah... this could be Marvel's "Lego Star Wars" game... ;)

15. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Looks like they're throwing everything they can at it leaving out only Spider-Man (which Sony probably has an iron grip on in reguards to TV, DTV and film (darn shame too, what's a Marvel team-up without Spider-Man to lend his quippage?)

The toyline is histarical... Punisher, Blade and Deadpool as kiddie toys? I can't stop laughing.

16. JeffBreakdown

JeffBreakdown Member

17. Palin Dromos

Palin Dromos The Abyss Stares Back

Are you referencing the Bullpen Bits? Cause that's what came to mind, and if they go that root, I'd be all for some light-hearted fun.

18. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

Exactly. And so far it is being advertised as a humorous series rather than say a serious educational one. Only downside of course is that Spider-Man can't come out to play with the rest of his buddies:( .

19. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Most likely there's an embargo on Spider Man due to his appearing on CW's Spectacular Spider Man. Marvel probably doesn't want 2 different versions of Spidey appearing on 2 separate shows.

Likewise, I don't see the problem here. The series is supposed to be light-hearted and humorous, not serious. It will only become a problem if fans decide to take it too seriously.

20. ROBOTRON

ROBOTRON 100% Pure Robot!

:sweat: - No, no nooooo! I don't want that. Spend the Marvel monies on something else more serious.[​IMG]