1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Splat Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Zeether, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Which is why simply renaming the 90's Are All That block sounds more plausible. It makes sense to change the block's name to not include 'The 90's', that way they won't be relegated to only showing stuff from a single decade, and it really wouldn't make a lot of sense to go through all the time, money and effort securing air space and advertisers to launch an entire channel based on a super niche market that would only nose dive in a few years and have to be re-formatted into yet another nothing digital bonus channel just taking up space.

Hopefully, Viacom will actually try to diversify the schedule from now on instead of just looping the same 5 shows again and again. Don't just slap on a new name and then go back to ignoring the block.

2. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Member

I guess there's no hope in an all 90s-00s Nickelodeon channel.

3. C222

C222 New Member

The Splat is replacing TeenNick, on LinkedIn the senior writer producer of TeenNick has her job description as working for TeenNick aka "The Splat". Plus The Splat Twitter account retweeted MTV news article that said it would be a channel, and The Splat followed MTV news soon afterward. Those are pretty clear signs.

4. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Wow. Zoey 101 and Drake and Josh had been doing well on Teennick and they are the oldest live action for almost a decade. It's sad that Teennick has to go..

5. HombreSinNombre

HombreSinNombre James Earl Jones

I think it's going to be a rebrand and expansion of The 90's Are All That. TeenNick during the day and The Splat at night. The Splat will be considered a separate network the same way Nick At Nite and NickMom are. TeenNick of course originally grew out of the same concept as The N.

6. simpsonsfan

simpsonsfan Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
    Staff Member Moderator

USA Today says it's a new channel while Variety says it's a block. I guess only time will tell what Nickelodeon is doing.

7. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Maybe it will be like Nick at Nite and Adult Swim, where they take almost half of a networks schedule. Some websites refer to them as different channels from Nick and CN for some reason.

8. ninetieskids

ninetieskids New Member

The 90s Are All That twitter account is now The Splat, but TeenNick's twitter account is the same. Also, someone above mentioned this, on LinkedIn a senior Writer/Producer set her bio as working at "TeenNick (The Splat)" which adds to the block theory. The Splat is on TeenNick; it hasn't replaced it.

I wouldn't really trust that MTV News article, even if The Splat followed them. Their headlines are usually clickbait, and even though MTV is Nick's sister channel thru Viacom, I remember them saying Bug Juice was a classic Nick show, so they're not always accurate/real news... just some MTV news writer trying to raise hype for The Splat and get clicks.

#88 ninetieskids, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  9. simpsonsfan

Staff Member Moderator

It's actually a ratings thing. Nick at Nite and Adult Swim are considered their own networks for Nielsen Ratings purposes.

If it turns out to be a block on TeenNick I hope The Splat airs from 6pm to 6am like The-N on Noggin used to. Since I only get TeenNick in the living room I would like to be able to watch some of it before bed. I'm just afraid it will still only be from 12am- 4am like the 90s Are All That.

10. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

I don't see the point of changing the 90's Are All That to the Splat if they're just going to air it from 12AM-4AM. Just keep it the same. They're only going to rerun the same shows over and over again anyway. The fact that they're changing the name so that they can include 2000's shows seems stupid. What are we going to get? Zoey 101 reruns for the entire duration of the block? No thanks, I think I'll pass.

#90 Toon Master, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  11. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

12. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. C222

C222 New Member

Idk, The article makes it seem as if The Splat is going to be on Nickelodeon.I still believe there's a chance this may be a full blown channel so hopefully an offical announcement will come from Viacom soon.

14. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Ugh...this is so frustrating. I hate it what something exciting happens, you get your hopes down right away.

It's now come to my mind that The Splat will most likely replace The 90s Are All That as a block but with more expansion and 00s shows (though, I'll still be fine if Nick goes with this plan). Whoever said that The Splat was going to become a TV channel is clearly looking for attention just to bum everyone out. I knew an all-reruns channel wouldn't fly in today's market...

15. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Sources keep conflicting on this, one says it's a channel and the other says it's replacing 90s Are All That. I'm completely unsure of what is true but I'd like to hope it's not just a replacement because all the hype they're doing on social media wouldn't make sense...

16. simpsonsfan

Staff Member Moderator

Here's more conflicting information. TVLine says it's a block coming to Nickelodeon in October. So maybe Nick at Nite is going down.

17. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

If that's true then most likely Nick@Nite is hopefully going to merge with Nickmom as there both the same, or just move the block to Tvland.

18. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to think. As cool as a channel would be, I do agree that a block would make more sense. However, they seem to be hyping this a lot for just a block, so it could just as well be more than that.

19. GolfDude

GolfDude Member

it very well could be a nick at night replacement..

maybe they want to make nick a channel with just nick shows,

so standard nick from 7am-9pm and the Splat from 9pm-7am, which will only feature shows from classic nick themselves, not an outside acquisition

N@N Moves to TV Land, where all the live action acquisition shows will go, so you have TV land from 7am-7pm, TV Land Originals from 7pm-9pm and N@N from 9pm-7am

heck maybe they merge nick jr/nick mom with teennick, where its nick jr in the AM (6am-3pm), teen nick in the afternoon (3pm-8pm) and nick mom at night (8pm-6am), since nick mom is the only network with originals i believe..

20. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

I think it would be better for Nick Jr. to be a 24-hour channel. NickMom and Nick@Nite get moved to TV Land. Viacom should shut down their useless channels (like MTV Hits and TeenNick).