The Splat Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Zeether, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but Nickelodeon just doesn't give recognition to most of the older Nicktoons anymore. NickSplat was great at first. Every week, they gave us something different. It actually felt like watching Nickelodeon in the 90's and early 2000's again. But now, it's mostly just the same episodes of the same shows again and again.

This is why I've taken it upon myself to get complete series DVD sets of shows like The Angry Beavers and ChalkZone. And I also have Hulu, which has several Nickelodeon shows, old and new. The best you can do right now is make your own schedule with whatever you have on DVD or streaming services, if you know what I mean.

• Agree Agree x 4
    #701 Looney Turtles, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

After a while there really isn't much more for the block to do, they surely could lower the amount of time that it runs because it just really doesn't need this much time anymore.

3. AmazingGumball

yeah i see what you mean. It's a shame though since as far back as I remember they havent even aired Ren and Stimpy or Ahh! Real Monsters for a year by now on the block. ill do just that to honor Nick. Same with Cartoon Network regarding its own lack of variety. I'll take it upon myself to watch the classic shows online like Dexter's Laboratory and Ed Edd n Eddy since they're the best ways to access them at the moment since their own DVDs are hard to get.

#703 AmazingGumball, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  4. AmazingGumball

I dont see why they shouldnt extend their time. and they could still bring more variety to the block

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

Not news, but... :eek::eek::eek:

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Zeke the Plumber always gave me the creeps when I was little. I think it was his mask more than anything else.

It's disappointing that they apparently aren't airing Are You Afraid of the Dark? this year. Maybe they had problems with getting some episodes to air on the block again, but it worked really nicely for the Halloween season, so it would have been nice if they did it again.

7. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

They actually are.
    They are.png

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's good to know. I checked the TV listings a couple of days ago and didn't see any sign of the series, so I assumed that they weren't showing the series at all this year. I'm pretty sure that they aired some episodes throughout October before, or at least for a couple of weeks. I'm glad that I was mistaken in this case, so I'll hopefully be able to watch some episodes later this weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ghostbuster

I think that mask is scarier than most things on AYAOTD. :eek:

NickSplat has uploaded this iconic moment from when the Rugrats met the Real Monsters. :)

10. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here’s a promo for the Hey Arnold! event NickSplat is doing leading up to The Jungle Movie.

• Like Like x 2
  11. AmazingGumball

Is it possible if you know any answers as to why the splat scheduling seems to be bad lately with unnecessary changes?

12. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sadly I don't know anything about their schedule changes. They didn't even air Are You Afraid of the Dark? this year. All of my TV listings said it was the same usual schedule. It's possible it was a problem on my end, but I didn't see any signs of the series during October.

13. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Actually they did air Are You Afraid of the Dark special, only on October

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah, so they only aired it for one night. No wonder I missed it. I rarely tune into the block anymore and I just thought that they'd air some episodes at least during the last couple of weeks in October.

15. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

They did air "The Tale of the Hatching" episode as well on Halloween, alongside the Hey Arnold! and Doug Halloween specials (and for some odd reason, an episode of All That directly following AYAOTD. I don't think it was a Halloween special either, so not quite sure why they chose to air that.).

16. AmazingGumball

They actually did air the Are You Afraid of the Dark Movie on October. I guess the best assumption i can make was that something was wrong on your cable. But other than that, they didnt seem to do anything else for October, they didnt even air Ahh Real Monsters which just sucks

17. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Nick seems to be embracing Hey Arnold coming back, which makes sense and is very welcome, but I just wish they shared some of that same enthusiasm on their core network.

It would be nice if they aired at least one episode of the old series before they close out to Nick@Nite, if only to help generate hype.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

That's a real stinker the one month that fits well for that show and they dont air it :(.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ghostbuster

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. AmazingGumball