1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Splat Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Zeether, Sep 11, 2015.

1. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

NickandMore posted this that Adventures of Pete and Pete will air NickSplat Jun 17-Jun 18 from 10PM-12AM EST, and will be hosted by Petes

And I think whoever started creating this thread, may be possible to change this thread to NickSplat, since that name rebranded last month earlier in May

• Like Like x 2
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Nice to see an alternative in the schedule for that weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

Decided to post this here as opposed to Entertainment Board as I feel it'll be responded to better.

Coming August 1st, the complete series to "The Secret World of Alex Mack" to DVD. Very reasonable price, too.

78 episodes on 6 discs. MSRP of $29.99

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I already posted about that, in the Entertainment board, even...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dan's Revenge

Apologies, though you did start the thread 4 minutes after I made the post here. ;)

6. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't know about your post. Sorry.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Action!

Action! Active Member

I litterally just fell out of my chair when you posted it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's really cool. I'd be interested to see what other shows they have planned for revivals. The two night event with Pete and Pete also sounds really good. I've been wanting to see if the show has aged well for awhile and the block still needs some variety too.

10. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

It looks like Viacom is in full-on revival mode

They should be focusing to new concepts NOT taking the easy way out by reviving old shows

Same goes for all other networks doing this

NBC did we REALLY need a revival of Will & Grace?

ABC did we REALLY need revivals of The Gong Show and Battle of the Network Stars?

(although to be fair at least those are revivals of obscure game shows from the 70's)

Fine

ABC did we REALLY need a revival of American Idol?

Nickelodeon do we REALLY need revivals of Invader Zim, Rocko's Modern Life, and Hey Arnold among others?

Where has the originality gone?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

So far, all Nick has done in terms of revivals is TV movies. Most of their upcoming programming is original, so I think they're fine.

Also, I can say why I feel they should be doing this with at least Hey Arnold! and Invader Zim. People have wanted the Hey Arnold! Jungle Movie for years, and Invader Zim is one of those shows I feel was cancelled to soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

That is great that they have planned more movies, can't wait to see what are those movies and deciding for movies is much better than reviving it definitely would save the producers time and be a good hour and a half or so.

13. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd say that yes, we do need the Hey Arnold movie. It's about time we finally get the jungle movie, and see what happened to Arnold's parents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Action!

Action! Active Member

There are some shows that didn't have true finales.

15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So far, their choices for revivals make sense. Hey Arnold never got the Jungle movie and people have wanted that to happen for ages. Invader Zim was extremely popular, but was cancelled after one season. Fans would definitely want a continuation or special for that one. Rocko's Modern Life wasn't cancelled too early, but I think it's one of the more popular/better remembered Nicktoons. If the other revivals they have in store are specials and the choosing to bring those shows back make sense, then it's fine.

I wouldn't say that they're going too far with revivals when these are TV specials/movies rather than full series. Their shows are still primarily brand new series.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

Although not animated, it would be nice to see Space Cases and Allen Strange get finales. The crew of Space Cases are still lost in space, and Allen Strange is still stuck on Earth.

A TV-movie sequel to Good Burger would also be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Maybe they could move the Splat to Nick at Night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd be curious if any of the revivals they have planned are for their live action series. Most of their live action series had either some kind of conclusion or wouldn't be popular enough to bring back. Some of them were also shows that they don't own like Are You Afraid of the Dark?, so that wouldn't be something that they could manage. Still, it would be interesting to see if any of those shows could get a special.

19. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've been wondering about live-action shows, as well. The Nicktoons are what's being promoted right now (I know at least part of the reason why the live-action shows don't get as much promotion is that they'd have to pay to use the original actors' likeness, while Nickelodeon can do whatever they want with their cartoon characters, give or take Doug and some Kablam! works), but there is still interest in these shows.

I know that the creator of Clarissa Explains It All recently wrote a book about where Clarissa is now, for instance, and I wonder if Nick would consider adapting it for a TV movie. And I think I've heard something about a Double Dare/GUTS tour happening soon. That would be awesome to tape for a special or two.

20. Dan's Revenge

Or in the least, first premier HA!, Rocko and Zim there before later encoring how-many-ever times on NickSplat just so they have a better chance to be watched. I think they will though as they did so with the Double Dare special (and the LOTHT movie on Nickelodeon itself)

Personally, I hope Rugrats isn't part of the revival thing. I like the series, don't get me wrong, but it's had a revival already (unless it's 1997 return wasn't such) plus two spin-off series which to me with "All Grown Up" is its closure - and then some movies to add on.

Of the series I'd like to see most have a revival of such? Hm... heh, I always dreamed of LOTHT as a game show returning, but I feel they'd butcher it the way I thought they did "My Family's Got GUTS" with too much chatter and a pace I couldn't sit through. (plus a smaller temple possibly)