The Spectacular Spider-Man "Market Forces" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Mar 22, 2008.

?

Rate This Episode

1. Stunning!

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

21.7%
  3. ****

18.3%
  4. ***1/2

3.3%
  5. ***

3.3%
  6. **1/2

1.7%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

1.7%
  10. Shocking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

The Big Man is back and he's not alone...

[​IMG]

Episode #4: Market Forces
    Original Airdate - 22nd March, 2008

While Peter Parker resists taking on the responsibility of helping Aunt May pay the bills, Montana – the Big Man's Enforcer – becomes the stunning Shocker to fulfill his responsibility: eliminating the Spectacular Spider-Man.

Comments?

2. BROKEN BOY BLUE

BROKEN BOY BLUE It's He-Man! Wait ... He-Man?

Shocker has always been one of my favorite villains in the Spidey world, and I LOVED the way he was in the 90's toon. Can't wait to see him done in this new toon. I'm still a bit iffy on him being a different guy and having a horrible Texan accent, but it should still be fun. Only an hour and a half to go!

3. Caswin

Caswin New Member

"Are we talking Mariana Trench deep, or Dante's Ninth Circle deep?"

Haha. This show gets better and better.

4. JRP82190

JRP82190 New Member

this is easily the best spider-man show ever thought the episode was great 5/5

5. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

Loved Robbie's debut, mention of Mary Jane, more JJJ, and Spidey mocking Shocker's accent.

6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

loved it. It was another great episode and another reason for me to wake up early during the weekend.
    It was funny to see something I always wondered about, the Betty/Peter age difference, addressed.
    10:00 am next Saturday can't come soon enough. I love this show.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harry and Gwen climb the social ladder and Pete is left as the odd man out.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2008
  7. Reg

Reg Writing About This and That

Great ep. Better than last week's and last week's wasn't bad. I like this version of Shocker. Even if it isn't Herman Shultz. In truth, I never saw Herman outside of costume so once I realized that, it didn't bother me Montana was in the suit. Like how his shock devices worked.

Peter's interactions with his friends and classmates keep getting better and better. Gwen looking mad at Peter last week was nothing compared to this week. Girl looked PISSED when Peter hit her in the head with that ball.

And Harry got more spotlight time. Norman, despite being a scumbag, gave
    Harry some good advice. I can't wait to see where Harry goes from here.

And MJ got mentioned! Can't wait to see her show up.

Also good where the Peter/Betty moments. I was hoping they'd go out but it was still nice that they'd paid some homage to the comics. Very good stuff.

8. maczero

maczero Active Member

Another excellent episode. This ep also sets up Marko and O'Hearn as future super-villians without it being a coincidence.

9. thedanmachine

thedanmachine gomu gomu no custom title

yet another awesome episode. I really love what they are doing in setting up for future storylines, and by having Osborn be the one who creates alot of these super villians.

And now Harry hates Peter too. Bummer.

10. Arsenal

Arsenal Magneto was right

I'm liking the slow build of tension. Each episode has done a good job of building on what came before. The first few episodes have been well-plotted and cohesive. That's not a shock considering Weisman is calling the shots. Gargoyles and even the second season of W.I.T.C.H. were structured excellently.

Using "supervillains" as a distraction is such a simple but brilliant idea, I'm amazed no one has though of it. It gives the creative crew an excuse to trot out the "freak of the week," introduce most of Spidey's rogues gallery and still maintain the larger plot. It's a cool move. I just hope it doesn't stagnate the larger plotlines.

And, finally, the high school stuff... pitch perfect. Spidey really is the most interesting when he's an adolescent dork.

11. kid rabbit

kid rabbit Active Member

I saw web shooters :D and brock calling peter emo I don't know why that funny maybe because everybody been calling spider man emo alot

12. Kinley

Kinley New Member

Spidey > LOSH :)

13. desi

desi New Member

It was good. Not as good as the last episode but has some great moments. I loved the whole part where Aunt may tries to set up peter with MJ. That was classic. JJJ seemed like he had ADHD or something. I am alright with that. It's a small price to pay. I would prefer ADHD JJJ over villainous-without-a-reason JJJ. The shocker was alright too.

The next episode seems a bit more promising because we will get to see Doc Ock.

14. Loudaddy777

Loudaddy777 New Member

[Removed by screw on head]

No Youtube talk please.

15. batsy2

batsy2 New Member

and sandman

16. creativerealms

creativerealms New Member

Pretty good episode, I liked that they actually explained the reason for the shocker's ugly suit, sure I already knew it was to protect himself from the vibrations of his shockers but a cartoon never mentioned that. Making Shocker Montana of the Enforcers really was not that big of a deal in the big picture.

JJJ was spot on and great.

Peter is trying to patch things up with Brock but now Gwen is even madder at him and Harry has joined her. It sure is hard to juggle the responcabilities of Spiderman and Peter parker, the Parker side is hurting.

The creation of super villains as a distraction for organized crime? Thats actually a good idea, and it gets Osborn into the main story always a plus.

The show is currently 4/4.

17. KAW

KAW New Member

Nice episode, but I can't wait for next week's show. Sandman's animation look sweet, and we get to see Otto in his arms, and Norman Osborn giving orders, as it should be. :)

18. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord

Given that Greg's avoiding original character's, I'm guessing Sally's boyfriend on the first episode is Randy Robertson (since he was mentioned on the episode).

19. creativerealms

creativerealms New Member

I figured that too, especially after he helped out Peter and Gwen last episode.

20. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Two words, gentlemen. Two words. :)

The connectivity of the series is what makes it shine the best. It's a shame JLU only dabbled in this technique as it could have really gained from it.

I'm also glad Phil LeMar's character--Robbie's son was it--is a nice(r) character then the other jocks, or rather just Flash. It's nice too see Robertson Jr. was well raised as opposed to the thick headed Flash.