The Spectacular Spider-Man "Intervention" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Jun 7, 2008.

?

Rate this episode

1. Victorious!

72.6%
  2. ****1/2

17.7%
  3. ****

6.5%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1.6%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Venomous.

1.6%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster Administrator

Bye bye black suit...

[​IMG]

Episode #12: Intervention
    Original Airdate - June 7th, 2008

Peter Parker finally gains enough self-awareness to realize the alien Symbiote hasn't simply bonded with his Spider-Man costume, it's taken over his life! But when he tries to remove it, the Symbiote fights back, creating a battleground in Pete's own mind. But is it a war Pete can win?

Comments?

2. Typhoon

Typhoon New Member

That episode was the ish

3. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

I loved how they handled the separation of the symbiote and Pete. I think the flashbacks and Uncle Ben's presence were a nice touch, and Pete earlier in the episode with his "meanness" fit in well too. Next week looks really exciting, and Eep! The tongue, it returns.

4. Anwar

Anwar Lord of the Vindaloovians

Well, they did a good job of redeeming Eddie's anger towards Peter here. I can almost understand it.

5. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

That was so awesome. And it looks like the symbiote did give Brock Peter's memories after all. Oh, continuity. It's so fun. It's funny, normally I don't like long flashback episodes but for some reason, this one was pretty nice if not too drawn out. And yeah Venom is here and the next episode shows him being his badass self. Can't wait till next week

I hope Carnage is in this series

I think that it's longer than it used to be

6. batsy2

batsy2 New Member

how was the part where the symbiote bonds to eddie i missed it because the weatehr up here is stupid

7. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

Wow, okay, personaly i dint find the flasbacks all that interesting, but it was a good episode. I liked the ending with Brock geting Pete's memories.

8. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

Well, after it broke out of the ice, it started copying Eddie's movements and then he let it out. He went through another flashback sequence like Peter's except it showed Peter's memories. He then accepted the symbiote binding with his "mind, body and soul." It wrapped all around him and then we see Venom (tounge and all).

It looked cooler then the way I'm explaining it.

9. Space Lion

Space Lion It's a lion!

Great episode. I'm looking forward to next week's Venom action.

10. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

I really loved the origin flashback. It had really nice visuals. There was even one shot that resembled a panel from Amazing Fantasy #15 where Spidey backs the burgler into a corner.

11. Anwar

I was looking forward to Peter beating up Flash, but I guess they're going for something different by having him tell off Peter and say he's just some arrogant Egghead who thinks he doesn't need anyone. Guess that was Flash's problem (not that he was smart but that he thought he was better than everyone) all along.

12. Reg

Reg Writing About This and That

Amazing Fantasy #15 homage AND ASM #100 homage! AWESOME!!! OK, greg, give it to us straight: how do you feel about Eddie's transformation to Venom and his hate for Spidey? :D

13. thedanmachine

thedanmachine gomu gomu no custom title

Good episode and the scenes with the symbiote and Peter interacting were nicely done. However, Uncle Ben kind of annoyed me with his leaving and popping up.

Preview of Venom looks awesome.

14. Pefgis

Pefgis Guest

spectacular

I think the great strength of this show is its willingness to draw from many sources of inspiration and integrate them concisely. This took the very well done and familiar origin story from the movie and implemented it well into its own mythology. The whole power of friendship thing was maybe a little cloying but fit well, was well done, and pretty fun. Sappy sure, but it made me smile.

My very favorite part though was some of the original spins it took, especially visually. The black and white was so effective it gave me chills at some places. The best for me by far was Eddie at the end where we placed his hand on the containment dealy and the symbiote copied it. That was simply beautiful, chilling and well, spectacular.

15. Gen200

Gen200 New Member

This was a really awesome episode.

My favorite parts were Flash confronting Pete at the hospital, the warped flashbacks in the steeple, and Eddie bonding with the symbiote, but I do think they could have done a bit better with the presentation of Venom at the end. A more interesting angle on that last shot of him would have given the scene a little more strength, in my opinion.

My favorite visuals were the black-and-white flashbacks, the symbiote copying Eddie's movements, and Peter being all colorful once he put on the mask, which made a very nice contrast against the black-and-white background.

16. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

Was that Ed Asner as Uncle Ben?

17. Aldrius

Aldrius Arrogant Instigator

I believe it was Ed Asner.

And Crusher Hogan was Jim Cummings. Doing his old 'really tough guy who's completely clueless' voice that I love so much.

18. Anwar

Yep, kind of funny seeing how Jonah's almost been Fatherly to Peter by defending him from Rhino and trying to tell him about May...

And it was Bobby Constanza (Bullock from Batman) as Sullivan.

19. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

90's JJJ as Uncle Ben? Sweet

20. Reg

Reg Writing About This and That

I thought the same thing. Sounded like him. He did a great job.