1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Scooby-Doo Show - Logo Anomalies

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by ClassicTVMan1981, Jan 19, 2017.

1. ClassicTVMan1981

For all of you here that used to watch The Scooby-Doo Show many, many years ago in reruns, the closing logos at the end may be different on this 40-episode run. While most of these kept the correct 1974 Hanna-Barbera "Rainbow" logo, and others having the 1979 "Swirling Star" logo plastering it, some of them have quirky plasterings, all of which I describe below.

I know you're all familiar with most of these replacement logo sightings. In order, I've described the exact episodes some of the rarer logo plasterings came from here in my anomalies collection:
    4. from "The Headless Horseman of Halloween" (with 1969 H-B "Stencil" logo/music)
    5. from "Hang in There, Scooby-Doo" (with 1969 H-B "Stencil" logo/"Swirling Star" music)
    6. from "The Creepy Cruise" (correct 1974 H-B "Rainbow" logo but "Swirling Star" music)
    7. from "Jeepers, It's the Jaguaro!" (with 1981 H-B "Swirling Star" finishing over end title music)

However, outside of those I'd included in the above link, the exact titles of those episodes elude me. Such as this one that only has the 1988 Worldvision logo at the end:

On TeleToon, some of the 40 episodes are still sourced from the old 1990-94 USA Network Cartoon Express reruns (including the one in the last link I provided). It is from those old reruns that I discuss what I'm talking about. It's a mixed bag on TeleToon, because in addition to those older prints, some are new DVD prints, and some replace the 1988 Worldvision logo with the 1987 Turner logo.

I hope anyone who once saw these old reruns could please help me out in knowing what the exact episode titles are outside of the four I know already, that have these quirky logo plasterings.

Thank you,

Ben

#1 ClassicTVMan1981, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017