1. Enter for a chance to win "Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  3. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

The rest of C.O.P.S. on DVD

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Ioz, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

With Shout! soon to be having some direct to consumer releases like The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 3, there is some new hope for the remainder of C.O.P.S. to be finally put out on DVD.

According to Shout's Brian Ward on a potential release of the rest of the series, "I'll say this much: the chances are exponentially better than they were prior to this release strategy."

It might help things if everybody that is interested in seeing C.O.P.S. finished on DVD posted over on Shout! in this thread:
    http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/2572/thread.aspx

More on their direct to consumer releases here:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Adventures-Sonic-Hedgehog-Volume-3/13095

2. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

I would totally be in favor of this! I was disappointed when it was reported that there would be no more C.O.P.S. I actually watched an episode off my DVD set a few weeks ago and I loved being able to revisit this show.

3. Triant

Triant Member

This has turned out to be a reality, according to (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/COPS-Volume-2/13187) an article on tvshowsondvd.

It links to the Shout message boards here (http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/2572/thread.aspx#11344) where Brian Ward basically says it will happen this year on their direct-to-consumer system that starts this month.

I hope this takes off, because I think a direct-to-consumer or DVD-by-demand is good for not wasting resources, and allows completion for series with a smaller fanbase, or lesser-known properties across the board.

4. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Shout! Factory is awesome to do that. I remember them doing the same thing with another show, but I forget what show it was. I hope they do this with Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego? as well.

I hope Netflix will be able to offer these for rental even though it's a direct-to-consumer deal.

5. Knightmare

Knightmare Active Member

That is awesome news, Shout! I'm learning to love you guys more and more every time you announce something. Now could they just get the rights to Jem from Hasbro and do the same with them.

6. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

I'm hoping that this will be open to Canadians as well, since we are in the Region 1 NTSC region.

7. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

I pre-ordered Volume 2 today on Shout! Factory's website. Hopefully, it does well and we get a Volume 3 to finish it off.

8. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

I hope so too. Just the episodes are okay, but was there ever any news on special features for this release? I haven't heard anything past there could be.

I need to get pre-orderin'. :cool:

9. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

There are no special features with this set. It has 21 episodes on the set. Brian did say that they might have some special features on a third release if there is one.

10. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

Rats! C.O.P.S Volume 2 is a US-only release. I just tried to pre-order and a message came up saying that Shout can't ship it to Canada. Guess I'll have to wait until it comes up on Ebay.

11. ikey2

ikey2 Member

Well if you have a friend in the US have it sent to there address then they can send it to you. That's one thing i had to do a lot when I was still in the Navy and stationed outside the US.

12. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

Somebody was saying on the boards today that shipping to Canada is now available.

Brian also said last week:

13. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered my copy of COPS, so shipping is available to Canada now.

14. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

There is a seller on Amazon.com that is now selling Volume 2 as well, so now most international fans should be able to buy it, too.

#14 Ioz, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
  15. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

#15 Ioz, May 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010
  16. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

I know that in response to questions about Canadians buying the set, Brian Ward had said that Shout did have an independent seller who would be selling the sets via Ebay and Amazon.

17. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

Brian said that Volume 2 needs more sales before they can release a Volume 3.

18. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

I guess I had better buy it then. I had kind of lost track of when it was coming out. Interestingly enough, I finally finished my Vol. 1 set a few weeks ago.

19. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

20. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer