1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "X-Men 3" Movie News & Rumors Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Wonder Woman, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManicWebb

ManicWebb You were cold as ice...

Screw waiting for it to air in my timezone!

*watches the trailer online*

It's so F'ing beautiful. I simply must live long enough to see this movie.

2. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

Holy Crap!

Goosebumps is right

All versions are here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/

Singer gone not such a bad idea after all. Sure looks better than the first 2.

Question: isn't there an X4 coming after this?

3. ManicWebb

Currently, FOX only has plans to make spin-off movies for Wolverine and a young Magneto.

4. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

I thought the rumor was 3 and 4 were filmed together(ala Matrix 2 & 3 and Kill Bill)

5. solarflere

solarflere Active Member

No, but Vinnie Jones (Juggernout) sighned up for three films, so yea, Wolverine and a young Magneto films will be defenetly be made, but this X3 is a trilogy and the end of the X-Men franchise, so said by the director.

6. dc_gothamite

dc_gothamite dead is dead

wicked trailer! i've said it before and i'll say it again... summer 06 is definitely looking to be a great time for comic-book fans :D

7. SirLemming

SirLemming a playa in a world of NPCs

This looks promising, which is a relief after all the tumult it's gone through in production. While 24 totally overshadowed this trailer's significance to me, I saw good stuff. Kelsey Grammer looks awesome as Beast, and it looks like this movie's going to have an interesting "urban" look to it compared to the first two.

Of course, the trailer did totally spoil stuff for anyone who isn't familiar with the Phoenix storyline.

8. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Here's a neat story about how the "cure" storyline for X3 has caused a little bit of debate among the castmates of the movie:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=34861

Also does anyone know if there's a frame by frame analysis up of the trailer? I'd like to hopefully get a better look at some of the things I probably missed during the quicker parts. So far I've found that Newsarama has some screenshots up here:

http://www.newsarama.com/movies/X3/X3trailerPreview.htm

And a message board has this spoiler-heavy shot from the trailer up:

http://www.comicboards.com/xmb/view.php?rpl=060307153548

9. Discloner

Discloner Spooned to death

I'm not sure of any sites, but when going through the film I noticed a shot of

10. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

thanks to the trailer, my excitement has gone down and i have set low expectations :( . hopefully my low expectations will be met, but i won't be surprised if they dont.

11. TheEvilClown

TheEvilClown Evil Laughter

I sense a hint of Sentinals being in this movie

12. solarflere

solarflere Active Member

Sure they will be there, since they cast Bolivar Trask (Sentinel Creator) Sentinels will defenetly will be there.

13. SirLemming

SirLemming a playa in a world of NPCs

I think Fox honestly made a mistake by airing this so late into 24. At least in the room I was in, NOBODY cared about the trailer at that point, even though many of us had been anticipating it. There was just too much suspense going on in 24 to be bothered with anything else.

The fact that we were watching it on tape at 10:30 might have had something to do with it, since there was sort of an undercurrent of "we could be fast-forwarding this". But then again, tape-and-watchers are part of the audience too.

14. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

That was an awesome trailer! Any doubt I had for this film now seems to be out the window, for the short term at least. The idea of a cure is great step in the story and I'm looking forward to seeing the conclusion to the saga.

They seem to have utterly nailed Beast. I think the casting is good and they've nailed his look too.

Such a great trailer! The wait until the film is actually quite short, but it's inevitably going to feel a lot longer now!

15. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

Eh, not spectacular.

My dad got a kick out of the trailer, but thought the same thing I did- it looks mediocre. Dad even said it "looked the same as the last one".

There were a few things that were kinda cool to see, but I was disappointed it what it showed. Especially Jean. Ruined the big surprise for non-comic fans. And a lot of it was confusing; like Logan telling Rogue that he's not her father (what was that about, eh?), Bobby holding Shadowcat (?), and a few other parts that I can't remember right now.

Any doubts that I had haven't changed at all.

16. solarflere

solarflere Active Member

In the comics, Bobby had a love interest in Kitty, and Logan acted like a father figure to Rougue (also Jubilee at some point).

17. ManicWebb

"In the comics," nothing. For the past two movies, Rogue has been all over Wolverine, seeing him either as a father-figure, or a major crush. If you didn't see that before (especially in X2), you haven't been paying attention.

And I think Bobby cheats on Rogue with Kitty.

Bobby and Kitty were never together outside of the Ultimate Universe. Kitty's love interests include Peter Rasputin (Colossus), Pete Wisdom, and Doug Ramsey, but not Bobby Drake.

Logan acted more like a father figure to Kitty in the comics, not so much Rogue. When Singer was in charge of the first two movies, he had Rogue made to be more like Kitty... kind of like a combination of the two.

18. solarflere

solarflere Active Member

Of course I have, and Bobby's jelousy was way to obvious, but the above are still comic book refrenses. No one denies the fact that the movies have gone a separate path from ther comics, including the complete change to Lady Deathstrike (from a cyborg Reaver to a mutant with healing powers and Adamantium). But even then, the mutant cure was also in the comics, the X-Men Unlimited. Ultimate universe is the recent universe of the X-Men, and now the popular one. So my point stands. Logan did mention that he was like a father to Rouge (also Jubilee and Kitty in other universes). Rougue also has a thing for Magneto and Gambit as well.
    in the comics Boby did cheat on Rouge, but it was more or less accidental, Kitty more or less sadused him.

Its unfortunate that neither Karma, Enma Frost nor Gambit were cast for this movie.

19. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

*Great* trailer! When I'm done here I think I'll watch it again!

I'll be interested to see how this develops. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that Bobby and Rogue can't be as close as he would like. There is a limited amount of intimacy you can have when kissing the person you love could kill you.

20. Discloner

Discloner Spooned to death

I completely agree. Which is why I think this is an interesting angle...especially considering the film's major plot point is the introduction of a mutant cure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.