1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "X-Men 3" Movie News & Rumors Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Wonder Woman, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

It looks like we have our logo:

And the official synopsis:

In X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, the final chapter in the "X-Men" motion picture trilogy, a "cure" for mutancy threatens to alter the course of history. For the first time, mutants have a choice: retain their uniqueness, though it isolates and alienates them, or give up their powers and become human. The opposing viewpoints of mutant leaders Charles Xavier, who preaches tolerance, and Magneto, who believes in the survival of the fittest, are put to the ultimate test - triggering the war to end all wars.

The trailer is going to air tomorrow night during 24 according to Superhero Hype! I can't wait ot see all the comments in this threead about it tomorrow!!

2. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

That's an incredibly bland logo. I thought the X with the 3 Wolverine claws through it was damn cool. That's just lame.

3. ManicWebb

ManicWebb You were cold as ice...

I've seen better fan-made logos at SuperheroHype. Seriously. Those people go all-out.

4. Discloner

Discloner Spooned to death

Honestly, I don't think that's an official logo. Spiderman, where did you find that?

The words are obviously photoshop-beveled with a stroke around them (its an unmistakable trait of Photoshop), and you can tell something funky is going on with the X (look in it's middle, it's got a slit where the top part of the middle meets). Its definetly a fake.

I'd be willing to bet that the official 'logo' would be the one with the wolverine claws, that we've been seeing since the film even began filming. It'll probably be the box art too, unless they decide to go the "Lets fit everyone on the cover" route. This one is probably just an image some fan whipped up.More-so because when creating logos, typically they if they have text they want to add to the 'X' they'd do it in CGI with the X to avoid it from looking layered. This is obviously just the work of someone with Photoshop.

#464 Discloner, Mar 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2006
  5. TheMecca

Ugliest logo I've ever seen- the original Wolverine claw logo was much better.

6. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

It can't be real.

I just finished reading an Entertainment Weekly article called something like "What the Heck is Up With X-Men 3?" in which Ratner basically says "I can't be bad because I live with my grandmother."

7. ManicWebb

I think you're right. That's far too sloppy to be real. Also, that's a very overdone lense flare.

8. Wonder Woman

Set your TiVo:

20th Century Fox has informed SuperHero Hype! that the new X-Men: The Last Stand trailer will air on Fox at exactly 9:36pm EST. 24 will be two one-hour shows airing back-to-back beginning at 8pm EST and the trailer will be shown during the second hour. It is expected to be online shortly after.

9. Silly McGooses

is that tonight?

10. Discloner

Yes. During 24.

11. solarflere

solarflere Active Member

You are right, its a sloppy photoshop job. The three claws is the official logo. Its all ofer the net, including Apple.com trailers. I am ginna tape the 24 tonight. Can't wait.

12. Silly McGooses

thanks!

13. Discloner

Wow. My excitement for this film just rose ten fold....That trailer was great!

14. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Well they just aired it, I must say I've taken quite a diff. stance from where I was 3 months ago. Looks like Ratner is doing a great job continuing Singer's work, if I didn't know better I'd say it was from the same director, with just a darker tone.

I'm glad they showed more of Jean's emotional side, albeit a short moment.

"Please....kill me....." :crying:

15. solarflere

solarflere Active Member

The trailer, The WAR, The X-MEN, It was awsome.

16. Wonder Woman

That logo is from a blog and I thought it was the official logo but it turns out to be a fan made one and a good one at that. I don't think it's fare to bash anyone's photoshop skills especially since it was done for himself. It was a mistake on my part so I am sorry everyone.

As for the trailer it really has changed my mind on the movie. I think this can still turn out to be a great movie and the trailer was excellent. The way it ends just sends shivers up my spine. When Jean Grey says "kill me" I was just blown away. A great trailer which has restored some faith that X3 might be good.

17. ManicWebb

Curse my Pacific timezone.

Anyway, this sounds like a good trailer. I can't wait until it airs in a few hours. I also can't wait to read the negative reations at AICN.

18. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

You can view the trailer HERE.

19. solarflere

solarflere Active Member

[Speculation] (but most likely true)
    In the trailer they talk about the cure, and Mistique says its a mutant. Its Leach. I knew he was in the movie but I had no idea what role he will play, now I know. He is only mutant that can take away a mutant power. [/Speculation]

20. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Yup, hence why Beast was slowly turning normal again (starting with his hand) when he approached Leech.

Also if you noticed, Mystique is apparently "cured" in this one. She has a short segment where she's lying nude, with normal skin, and dark hair. No doubt a nod to her Raven Darkholme alias.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.