1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Wolverine & The X-Men" News & Rumor Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HenriDucard

HenriDucard Member

I find it ridiculous that it's called "Wolverine and the X-Men". That leads me to believe this show will primarily focus on Wolverine. Why? There is no need to do this when all the characters are equally interesting.

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

And I find the complaining before a single second of animated footage is seen to be equally ridiculous. This show has good people behind it and a whole lot of material to draw on - there's no reason to assume right off the bat that every episode is going to be Wolverine, Wolverine, Wolverine with a few people in the background.

3. Azrael24

Azrael24 why?

How was it horrible? jean had unlimited powers and when xavior blocked her mind she developed a multiple personality called phoenix? sounds better than an intergalactic being possessing the young mind of jean grey. but like u said, to each his own

4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Fans are always quick to judge but I have to say that sometimes it's almost like a reflex. I am waiting to find out more myself on this. Also, the site that cannot be named has an update:

Kate Higgins is providing the voice of the Scarlet Witch for the upcoming Wolverine and the X-Men animated series.

5. FightingDreamer

FightingDreamer Mutant on the Rise

Dang, they're getting a lot of VAs we're used to hearing in anime (Higgins, Liam O'Brien is Nightcrawler and Angel), although Steve Blum voiced Wolverine in X-Men Legends and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

6. LUNARWOLF22

LUNARWOLF22 Member

when will we see trailers/previews

7. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

We will when we will. That's really the best answer there is right now. Continually asking isn't needed.

8. LUNARWOLF22

LUNARWOLF22 Member

9. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

Yeah, you already posted that in the thread for that show where it belongs - this is the X-Men thread. Furthermore, the clip is several months old; it was revealed at Comic-Con (I think) in July.

No, really.

10. LUNARWOLF22

LUNARWOLF22 Member

i didnt know its that old.
    this was the first time i saw it.

11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

That may be so, but part of one's responsibility as a poster in a community is to take 30 seconds and see if what one intends to post has already been posted; that's part of what the Search function is for. A simple search for "video" in the previous edition of this topic would have answered that for you.

Something to keep in mind.

12. LUNARWOLF22

LUNARWOLF22 Member

sorry

#472 LUNARWOLF22, Nov 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2007
  13. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

Unnecessary smiley use is typically frowned upon as well.

Apologies to anyone who sees this thread bumped continuously and thinks there's actual news to see.

14. Joe Wagner

Joe Wagner The one, true Scarlet Spider!

I just looked around on the Toonz Animation site and I am really hoping that the animation quality for this show will be far and away better than anything else they've done in the past. Run a search for "Adventures of Hanuman" to get an idea of the animation quality - but it looks to be a tad under the quality one would expect from Nelvana or KBN or the like. I think my expectations may need to be tempered a little and this could be part of the reason we haven't seen any completed animation or heard of anyone picking up the show in the US.

As a side note, let's all try and remember to be courteous during our posts - nobody likes to be attacked or bullied after making a post and we should all try our best to keep this a warm and inviting environment.

Anywho, back to the Wolvie and Friends discussion....

-Joe!

15. LUNARWOLF22

LUNARWOLF22 Member

ok if i make a mistake and have to say sorry i will use no smilies

i agree with what you said
    As a side note, let's all try and remember to be courteous during our posts - nobody likes to be attacked or bullied after making a post and we should all try our best to keep this a warm and inviting environment.
    but i think if someone should forget just kindly remind him

16. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

So when can we expect new updates on this series? Has there been an established premiere date?

17. LUNARWOLF22

LUNARWOLF22 Member

the name has been announced as
    Wolverine & The X-Men
    [​IMG]
    Character Actor
    Angel-Liam O'Brien
    Beast -Fred Tatasciore
    Emma Frost- Kari Wahlgren
    Magneto -Tom Kane
    Nightcrawler- Liam O'Brien
    Professor X -Jim Ward
    Scarlet Witch- Kate Higgins
    Wolverine -Steven Blum
    Zane- Kari Wahlgren
    Here is your first look at new images from Wolverine & The X-Men, along with good news for the True Believers in the UK! Liberation Entertainment has inked a deal with First Serve Toonz to acquire both the DVD and VOD rights to the 26 part animated series. Additionally, BBC has acquired the television rights to broadcast Wolverine & The X-Men in he UK. Wolverine and the X-Men are a huge franchise and with the Wolverine movie planned for 2008, this should secure huge interest for DVD releases.

18. tb4000

tb4000 Active Member

Glad to see they didn't exactly put anyone at the forefront in that image. :yawn:

19. creativerealms

creativerealms Active Member

The newer image, nice that it shows different characters, cyke, Emma (Man no Jean Gray seems to be a reality for this show right now) and storm. The new way the title is presented does not make wolverine look much more important then the X-men.

The pictures are nice. Can't wait to see the show in action.

20. Joe Wagner

Joe Wagner The one, true Scarlet Spider!

Looking at that pic again - Emma really needs to lay off the lip stick. Maybe Mr. J was giving her make-up lessons. Hopefully, it doesn't show through like that in the animation.

-Joe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.