1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Wolverine & The X-Men" News & Rumor Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

[​IMG]

A new X-Men series is on the horizon - Wolverine & The X-Men! And this thread is your place to discuss it!

2. addismad

addismad Member

From the Yahoo! Finance, information on a new X-Men cartoon!

3. silvanoir

silvanoir Active Member

I wonder how the 2-d/3-d will work/look. I hadn't heard anything about India being involved in animation before.

It makes sense for them to make a cartoon centered on Wolverine, he's the most popular character wth the kids... at least it seems so from the amount of merchandise. And there have already been two that focused on the team as a whole.

I'm just happy to hear there will be another X-Men cartoon! :D

4. Azrael24

Azrael24 why?

YES!! finally a new Xmen show, i was waiting for it. but im still hoping that it'll be in Xmen:evolution style!

5. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Active Member

Wow, I think we should call this decade of animation The Re-Rise of Marvel.

6. EscaflownePilot

EscaflownePilot Active Member

Awesome stuff! 2006-07 should be interesting with all these potentially great new shows coming up!

7. Skyknight

Skyknight Member

...What will the title be?

"The X-Men?":sweat:

The first X-Men movie dealt with Wolverine as the main focus, which is a right move, but Evolution did not center on him pretty much AT ALL for the most part and it went four seasons, so he is'nt always the main attraction required for success, now, perhaps, they think with X-3s' release, a new version is what is neccersary

Its' pretty sad that X-Men: Evoloution was also produced to coinicde with the movies, and here we are at the third movie starting from scratch with another timeline and continuity, where as you look with Batman during the releases of Forever and "..And Robin", we still had the same characters and timeline.

8. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Cool! (though I guess it's too much to hope that it will be in continuity with Evo...)

9. ROBOTRON

ROBOTRON 100% Pure Robot!

INDEED.

I await with great anticpation.:D

10. Conan-san

Conan-san Active Member

Ahem...

CRY FOR THE MOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!

11. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Wow! This is great news! It really seems like Marvel cartoons are coming back in a big way! I wish we could continue on with the continuty of the previous series but I have no problem with a whole new show. I have to wonder if they'll follow the "anime" style like the new Fantastic 4 cartoon or go with something more regular.

12. MJC

MJC Active Member

Cool, but I do wish it wasn't centered on Wolverine. He's already in like EVERY Marvel comic EVERY month, come on.

13. Crossdive

Crossdive The World Is A Thorn - DH

sadly that is likely the case, I think Evo is even more doomed by this than it was before. Dang.

I am glad to hear these new shows are going to start up, but why is it always the same Wolverine focus, I like the variety X-Men offers much better than just having the others there as fluff and toys to make Wolvie look better.

14. Style

Style The Green Style Returns

New X-men? I'm game. I've actually been wanting one.

I suppose it's because Fox Kids' original XTAS hasn't been as good as I remember it being, and I never got into Evo,* so I'd like to see a new take.

*My reaction to Evo: The first episode really turned me off. I wasn't comfortable with an "all teenagers" approach, I felt they turned Nightcrawler into Fez from That '70's show, and I nearly vomitted when Wolverine ordered a bottle water and asked the lady to "recycle it ma'am."

That said, I'm willing to admit my entire impression of the show is based only on the first couple of episodes and am willing to concede that it may have gotten much better, especially since it's so well liked here.

15. Donald Duck 12

Donald Duck 12 Heaven Bound- Happy Easter!

Yes! Wolverine and the X Posse!

This is great news, so who's going to be on this posse? Come on, storylines, members, villains... Let's get some predictions!

16. The Overlord

The Overlord Active Member

Isn't this a little early, X-Men Evolution only ended two years ago.

17. ShadowDemon

ShadowDemon Member

A few Misc points:

2D/3D combo? Think 90's Spider-Man...not that that's bad per-se...

Technically, this will be the THIRD XMen animated project, not the second.

ANOTHER Wolvie-centered project????:sad:

Still no Season 5 Evo...:sad: :crying: :sad: :crying:

18. J-Ranger

J-Ranger John Stewart

Seriously, how many X Men cartoons are we going to get. As much as I enjoy X Men and Spider-man, Marvel needs to plug their other superheroes a lot more. I know that there is a Iron Man and FF4 series coming out but that's not enough. By always creating X Men and Spidey shows you make the general public think that's all Marvel has to offer

19. ShadowDemon

ShadowDemon Member

To be fair, he wasn't going to be ordering a beer on a pre-teen/teen-oriented show...just wasn't gonna happen...

Question: why WOULDN'T Wolverine recycle?

Finally, why NOT "all teens"? It was a good angle, and true to the ORIGINAL X-concept (mutant kids) By having them deal with teen problems as well as mutant ones, it made the show more accessible and appealing to the younger audience...

(all comments made in interest of conversation, and not as any sort of flame)

20. ShadowDemon

ShadowDemon Member

Between the X Men, Avengers, Spidey, and FF, that IS most of what they have to offer. No way is Blade a animation property, and the "second tier" roster has no name recognition in the general audience...believe me, I'd LOVE a "New Warriors" or "Thunderbolts" cartoon, but it ain't happening...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.