1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Wolverine & The X-Men" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Yay, I'm so exciting this is premiering next week, and I get to be one of the 1st (not counting the people at SDCC) to see it.

2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Spoiler pic:

3. Windrider

Windrider Member

Hey i am new here and i have a question for thevileone. I saw your synopisis on the pilot a couple pages back and i was just wondering does storm appear in it.

she better since she's my favorite superhero ever!!!!!!!

4. Windrider

Windrider Member

oh and a quick question how do you make a qoute stay at the bottom of your post?

5. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Well, I'm not TheVileOne, but I can answer both of your questions.

1. Yes, Storm is in the series. I don't know if she appears in the pilot episode, nut Ororo is definitely one of the main characters in the series.

2. If you want to make the quote your signature, go to User CP and from there, go to where it says Edit Signature, add it and then save the changes.

6. Brock Samson

Brock Samson "Super Kill-Guy"

so its on at 7 in canada on Sept 6.

Mod edit: Please don't mention viewing the episode by illegal means on the forum.

#466 Brock Samson, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  7. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Member

For once, we get something first. Woo!

Thanks so much to the BBC for screwing things up.

8. Windrider

Windrider Member

thanks for the info blackfire

9. Windrider

Windrider Member

oops blackstar

10. TheVileOne

Reporter

Yes.

11. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Nice...!

All i'm saying is... Marvel really need to take control of there shows. It's starting to get ridiculous and rather embarrassing.

12. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Well there is a point in the process where Marvel can't control the outcome. Networks always have power over what can be shown and what can't as well as when it's shown.

13. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Marvel Animation Age has two new images from the upcoming Wolverine And The X-Men animated series. Click on the thumbnail below to check them out.

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for further updates!

14. BigEclipse

BigEclipse Member

I have a question for those who saw the Pilot at Comic Con. Does Rogue have her Ms. Marvel powers, or is she like the Evo and movie Rogue? I like her character regardless, but I really want to see her with Ms. Marvel's powers like in the comics. From the previews it looks as if she doesn't, but am not quite sure

15. Windrider

Windrider Member

I did'nt see the pilot at the comic con, but i am preety sure she does'nt have her Ms. Marvel powers. I think i read it somewher online.

16. TheVileOne

Reporter

This is basic absorbing powers Rogue. No Ms. Marvel flight or super strength.

Which makes sense because it seems they aren't working her in the continuity. In X-men TAS they did.

This looks like an X-men show mainly focused on X-men, but Hulk does cameo in it, so maybe we will see someone else whose past is tied to Wolverine like Cap.

17. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

It's looking like not. Rogue hasn't had her Ms. Marvel powers for a while now. For a time, she had acquired Sunfire's powers during a solo mini-series comic, and sometime after the 'House of M' storyline (I think), she had all of her extraneous powers wiped by the touch of a mutant baby. Presently, she just has her absorption power and nothing else (IIRC, she's also lost the ability to absorb peoples' memories).

There was a time when I would've complained about Rogue having no Ms. Marvel powers, but really, when you think about it, it makes a little more sense for her not to have them: the absorption is her actual mutant power. The fact that she can acquire other abilities from time to time along the way is part of what makes her particular talent special. Ms. Marvel Rogue was OK, but she belonged to a bygone era.

18. TheVileOne

Reporter

Exactly. Fans whined about it so much in the X-men movies. But Rogue never originated with those actual powers. That was something that came later.

I think that shows that the main reference point to a lot of "fans" for X-men came from the 1990's TV series.

19. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

I think Rogue works better as a character, at least in cartoons/movies, if she doesn't have Ms Marvel's powers. With a power set like Superman on a team there's too much chance she'll get turned into cannon fodder because nothing can hurt her and will get taken down by some big bad guy just to show how tough that guy is.

However with the absorption powers she can be the weakest and the strongest person on the team at the same time. If she can't get in contact with a mutant/any one alive (like say giant robots) then she's essentially just a regular human with military esc training. However if she can get her hands on a living enemy she can win the day or she could pick up the slack for an unconscious teammate if she can get to them.

Personally I think Rogue's someone who's done well in animation because she's not been confined to one specific defining characterisation, despite what the 90s X-fans want. In the 90s show she was pretty much like her character in the comics at that point in time. Evo dealt with no Ms Marvel, her going from Brotherhood to X-men, her relationship with Mystique and her brother, etc. And this show looks like they're doing more with her being in the Brotherhood and such (there's only so much I can get from trailers).

20. TheVileOne

Reporter

Rogue's personality in this new show seems to be a nod at her X-men movie character, that is her connection with Wolverine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.