1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Wolverine & The X-Men" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The mutants are returning! Wolverine & The X-Men is on the horizon, and this thread is here to keep you up to date on all the latest news on this highly-anticipated series.

[​IMG]

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

In the link below, check out archived and recent news, as well.

Related Threads:
    -The Official "Wolverine & The X-Men" News & Rumor Thread, Part 1 (Possible Spoilers)

Note: Please keep this topic, and the discussion found within, on-topic. Thank you.

2. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Given that this is supposed to be starting on the BBC sometime this year, does anyone here in the UK have any theories on where this will air. When does the BBC air it's cartoon these days? It's been a long time since I watched anything on CBBC... I thinking it was probably Spider-Man re runs way back in the day - 10 years ago!

3. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Well if they show it on the regular channels and not the extra ones, it could either be shown on a weekday, where it'll be between 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm, or a weekend, between 7am and 9am, I believe.

The last Superhero cartoon BBC aired was The Batman and they messed with the schedule so much, they showed half the first season then stopped it for about 6 months before airing it from the beginning of season 1 to the middle of season 2. I fear Wolverine and the X-Men will suffer the same fate of dodgy scheduling.

4. Gambgel23

Gambgel23 Member

where are the spoilers?

When I read the tittle I thought there was new info here...

:sad:

5. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Spoilers come with new news, just hold tight.

6. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Will it be aired on BBC prime or on another BBC channel?

7. NinjaJack

NinjaJack Active Member

X-Men and Spider Man with new toons? Oh yayess!

8. bobspoland

bobspoland Member

hi stu i think they will be showing it on the cbbc channel. Not sure about a time ethier. However they are doing a review of CBBC output, i read somewere that there is concern that there are too many import american shows on the BBC so they might not show at all and let ITV pick it up

9. The Overlord

The Overlord Active Member

10. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

This looks better than I expected it to be.

They seem to be pushing Rogue in a new direction and it seems damn interesting.

11. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

That looks awesome.

Nice use of "Best of You" in the promo too.

My only hope for this one is that Toonami lasts long enough to be able to air it. Because it's definently got the right feel.

12. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Looked cool, I also dug the use of not one but two Foo Fighters songs. Weird to use such high profile songs for a cartoon but whatever.

13. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

That was a great trailer - it was put together a lot better than any of the Marvel/Lions Gates DVDs and created more anticipation than last summer's trailer for The Spectacular Spider-Man did. Bravo!

The show looks quite similar to X-Men: Evolution, only a lot more mature in both visuals and tone. It seems that they're not ignoring the prejudice between humans and mutants and going right for it this time around - I hope we see more soon.

14. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Consider me highly anticipating this show now!!!! ;)

Is Marvel finally goning to have some great cartoons at long last - to me this could be the JLU of marvel toons!

15. sockhead

sockhead slothcommander

Not to mention Soundgarden's "Fresh Tendrils". That was unexpected. But cool none the less. I'll check this show out. A couple of the jokes made me laugh.

16. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Looks really impressive. A lot darker than the previous series for a kids show, but that's a good thing. Has a US channel picked this up yet? I just can't see it going on 4KidsWB or Toon Disney, so it seems like it would be CN-bound, either Toonami or more likely Dynamite Action Squad.

17. batsy2

batsy2 Active Member

after i saw the trailer i decided to watch the show after all it looks great these new marvel shows are better to understand first Spectacular Spider-Man now Wolverine and the X-Men this year will rock​

18. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

This show looks great. I agree with the poster who said that this looks like a more mature version of X-MEN EVOLUTION.

19. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

i see their already appealing to my inner Wolverine fanboy:D

trailer is epic

20. Brock Samson

Brock Samson "Super Kill-Guy"

i wonder why it is taking so long to announce when and what channel it will air. It is obvisouly been made for english speaking, and i doubt Marvel would allow it air in other countries, but the US, but i can understand that they don't want the same fiasco with Fantastic Four cartoon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.