1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "Wii U" Talkback (Possible Game Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by defunctzombie, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

However, they will NOT be talking about their "NX" project.

2. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it's safe to say that were likely going to hear news about

3. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

If there's Smash Bros news, I hope we hear something about the ballot voting. I believe that wrapped up in October. I ended up joining team Shantae. ;)

Star Fox Zero and SMT x Fire Emblem still need release dates. I'd love to hear something about Zelda, but I expect mum's the word until at least E3.

4. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Today's direct starts in seconds. View it live or later on

5. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I was satisfied by this Direct.

6. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I won't lie. I'm inclined to pre-order Twilight Princess HD mainly for the soundtrack, but I just hope it's not the one that Nintendo Power gave away in a promotion that only had seven tracks. The game will also make use of amiibos, and so will the new Zelda that's supposed to come out next year. I'm also interested in Star Fox Zero, which will also make use of amiibos. I've never played a game that utilized amiibos, so Lord help me.

7. Storm Eagle

So has anyone tried pre-ordering Twilight Princess HD by any chance? I tried to at Best Buy's site, but it just says "sold out online". Even the stores near me aren't taking pre-orders anymore. I was able to pre-order at a GameStop though. So hopefully I'll be actually able to get a copy once they release it, and that mine will have the soundtrack with it.

8. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I wasn't able to for the first round, but I got a preorder in when Gamestop opened theirs up online. I'm not too concerned about the soundtrack, but I was wondering how they planned to do this for online orders. Is it going to be like the Skyward Sword/Mario anniversary release, and have a disc inside the game package? Or just an extra thrown in the box with the amiibo set?

9. Storm Eagle

It looks like it will be loose. In fact, it's apparently a GameStop exclusive.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/688118724830707713

That really sucks since it didn't seem to matter where you pre-ordered if you wanted the soundtrack, although I remember GameStop usually being the one that usually offers pre-order exclusives. If stores like Best Buy and Target have done that, I don't remember when they did. I remember getting a download code for Oracle of Ages for pre-ordering A Link Between Worlds at Best Buy, but I believe many retailers were offering that.

You can pre-order the game from bestbuy.com now though, but it looks like I lucked out when I chose GameStop. Best Buy would have been preferable though, since I have a rewards account with them.

#929 Storm Eagle, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  10. Harmonie

Harmonie Foreverrrrr!

And it's not even a full OST.

I feel so ripped off. I went back and watched the Nintendo Direct where it was announced. Reggie was not vague, he said we would get "THE Official OST" for the game. That does not quite match up with a 'selection'.

This whole thing is a bit of a mess for Nintendo. They did not take care to announce this correctly. In the Direct they didn't even say it was "select" retailers (IIRC), but in the Press Release they did. None of the retailers mentioned they would have it, so preordering was a gamble. (Yet you feel like you had to preorder, because you wanted to make sure you are able to!) And then in the end only Gamestop gets it.

Lucky me that was the retailer I chose to order from in the end. Even still, I'm feeling a bit mad now, because it's just a 'selection'. Nintendo has never released a full Twilight Princess OST. I was really looking forward to having it.

11. Storm Eagle

I didn't know there was a difference between an OST and a sound selection. I have the sound selection for A Link Between Worlds, and it seems like it's a complete soundtrack.

I actually pre-ordered the game at Best Buy too. What I'll do is pick it up at GameStop first, and check to see just how much the soundtrack covers. If I'm not impressed, I'll just return it and get the one from Best Buy since I'd have better benefits there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Harmonie

Harmonie Foreverrrrr!

Hm... I did not know that. I've heard a rumor going around that it only contains 10 tracks, but that rumor might be completely unsubstantiated. I really hope you are correct.

13. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

From what I remember when I was in Japan, "Sound Selection" was on several of the OSTs in the shops there. Could just be a vocabulary thing.

But my question, do the online orders get it? Cause I ordered mine online.

14. Storm Eagle

That makes two of us.

I'd like to think so. The listing at gamestop.com is now saying you'll get a CD. You should call them up and ask them too.

15. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Good news if you're a Mario fan (and who isn't?): Super Mario Advance 4 comes out today. For those unaware, this is basically the Super Mario All-Stars version of SMB3, plus a bunch of new eReader levels. As I missed out on this version of the game when it was first released, I can't wait to buy this.

16. Storm Eagle

17. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

One thing I liked about Twilight Princess is that if you had a full wallet and opened a chest with rupees in them, you would put it back into the chest instead of wasting them. Now they're getting rid of that in the HD release.

Apparently the reason was that players use chests to see which room they've been in. Who does that? I look at what room is highlighted, and which room isn't.

18. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

Sometimes you can enter a room and not yet complete it, maybe that's what they meant. (For example, passing through a room with a section that is locked, and the chest behind the locked section.)

But I never noticed any problems with the swimming controls. They better not make them something stupid like having to wave the gamepad around. In my opinion the "enhancements" they did to the Wind Waker controls did more harm than good. (Boomerang anyone?)

19. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

20. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

That's pretty much the Holy Grail of all VC releases. The one Nintendo game that has (legally) eluded English games for years, and it's finally coming out.

This is also the first time Nintendo has translated a game expressly for the VC (EG Beginnings was the unreleased 1990 translation of MOTHER). If it does well, (and there's no chance that it won't), it could pave the way for stuff like Fire Emblem and the like.