1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Curious to see what is coming up for The Spectacular Spider-Man? Check out this thread for all the latest news and updates on the newest animated incarnation of everyone's favorite Web-Slinger!

[​IMG]
    Click for a larger image!

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

Related Threads:
    -The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
    -The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 2
    -The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 3
    -The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers), Part 4

Note: Please keep this topic, and the discussion found within, on-topic. Thank you.

2. Splinter

Splinter Well-Known Member

3. Anwar

Anwar Lord of the Vindaloovians

Well, since we're getting "Gang War" in S2 they'd have to bring BC in so it may as well be sooner than later.

And since MJ isn't interested right now, Venomized Peter needs a bad girl to show his new attitude to.

Anyone seen the new IGN pictures just put up that actually show Chameleon?

4. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

What's this about a gang war?

And thanks for the tip. I just looked at those pics: http://uk.media.tv.ign.com/media/890/890171/imgs_1.html

Chameleon looks very cool! Better than in Spiderman:TAS! One pic shows Black Cat with classic Spiderman, who's sporting a sinister facial expression. So I reckon she'll inadvertantly help the Chameleon with his robberies, then learn who he is and side with the real Spidey, who'll want her around to learn Chameleon's tricks.

5. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Kids'WB! and Sony Television Entertainment has sent Marvel Animation Age a batch of new The Spectacular Spider-Man images and a new interview with writer Matt Wayne about this weekend's new episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man. Click here to read the interview, and click on the thumbnails below for the hi-res images.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Stay tuned for further updates.

6. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

http://www.spideytv.com/

This link has spoilers on the backgrounds of Black Cat and Chameleon under their bios, including Black Cat's age and characterisation in this series.

7. Shantosh9500

Shantosh9500 Michael Jackson is RETURNING

Black suit Spidey looks awesome. Love the glowy eyes.

8. Anwar

I didn't see anything over BC's age, though the characterization sounds entertaining.

Anyways, I was wrong over Peter only getting the suit at the end of the episode. Looks more like halfway.

I think that scene of him with the glowing eyes is the real Peter, the black suit making it easier to prove he's really him and not Chameleon.

9. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Her bio states that she is 19 and that Peter is 16.

10. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Hmm... I guess I'll have to wait to see how she looks when moving but the stills of Black Cat are a bit dissapointing to me. She's not nearly as attractive in design as several of the other female characters.

11. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

She does look younger than them when she should look older. But her design is nicer than MJ's tends to be now and then IMO.

Also, the site that must not be named has a completely different interview with Matt Wayne up, complete with a new pic of Black Cat.

12. jph139

jph139 Immortal

You know, usually, I don't like the lines on the Symbiote Suit - it always seemed much sleeker without it. But they look good this time around. Good enough to be my first avatar on the site. :D

13. Reg

Reg Writing About This and That

There's a 3 year age difference between Spidey and Cat. Interesting. And Spidey is smitten with her. Heh. He really is in love with whatever girl is in front of him. :sweat:

14. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

well, shes a hot blond whos bio sais that is "flirty and amoral", so naturaly any 16 year old would be smitten.

15. Anwar

Even better, a PLATINUM blonde...

Plus I'm sure the black bodysuit doesn't hurt.

16. Captain Highwind

Captain Highwind Active Member

Hey, he glows in the dark.

EDIT: And it's already been stated I see.

17. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

seriously, the glowing eyes are a nice touch, i hope venom has that too.

18. Aldrius

Aldrius Arrogant Instigator

Bleh. The lines still bother me.

Why are they necessary? Especially when you can hardly see them. He looks so much sleeker and sexier without them.

19. Anwar

To show that the symbiote is simply altering the colors of his existing suit instead of inexplicably becoming a totally new design.

20. Aldrius

Aldrius Arrogant Instigator

Aesthetics>Logic.

At least in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.