1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official "The Dark Knight" Speculation Thread, Part 3 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BonyT

BonyT Sisyphus in Hell

Yeah, SERIOUSLY. I mean, in DKR Frank Miller manufactured a "practical" (albeit purely after the fact) justification for the yellow oval around the Bat symbol on Bruce's chest, which was that it served as a target, deliberately designed to draw any gunfire Batman might take to the one area of his body that he could actually armor without impeding his movement and agility, his torso. Alright, fine. So if the logic of the yellow oval is to draw gunfire to the chest, then what's the logic of the yellow utility belt --- to draw gunfire to the GROIN??!? NOT the plan I'd go with.

2. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Most probably the Batsuit will evolve in each film (growing thinner and lighter). I imagine that the belt is a bright(er) color is because it'll be hard to see the thing if he needs to be able to look at it to rab somthing.

I'll laugh my butt off if the neck history is brought up in the film in some way.

3. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

4. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

Will the trailer be available at all IMAX presentations of I Am Legend or select markets only: such as NY, LA, CHI?

I've recently relocated to Seattle and looking for an IMAX venue for next weekend.

5. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Thats kind of cool.No comment on Sal Maroni or Gamble huh? I hope they are not really minor to the movie.

Seattle is a beautiful city.Hopefully you manage to find the I-max theatre soon enough.

6. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

no luck on ___tube, just a lot of jibber jabber

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

NEW pic of THE BAT-POD (THE BAT - CYCLE)

[​IMG]

8. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

I guess the teaser will be shown tomorrow.Please let it be shown in Canada.

9. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

You have nothing to worry about. It will be shown in Canada like every other trailer for every other movie. If the IMAX preview was shown in Canada, surely the teaser will, too. I also read at Coming Soon that the official synopsis for the movie has been released:

"Christian Bale once again embodies the man behind the mask in The Dark Knight. The film reunites Bale with director Christopher Nolan and takes Batman across the world in his quest to fight a growing criminal threat. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman has been making headway against local crime...until a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker (Heath Ledger) unleashes a fresh reign of chaos across Gotham City. To stop this devious new menace -- Batman's most personal and vicious enemy yet -- he will have to use every high-tech weapon in his arsenal and confront everything he believes."

10. BonyT

BonyT Sisyphus in Hell

I loved Begins, I'm sure I'll probably love Dark Knight; but I reeeally hate the Bad-Pod.

11. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Hold on.The I-max preview will be shown in Canada? Up till when?

12. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Up 'till IAL stops playing in IMAX.

13. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

But in Canada? I thought it was only going to play in select theatres in the States.

14. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

No, it's worldwide. If it's an IMAX and it plays IAL, I'm pretty sure the prologue is there too. Definitely in Canada though, because they held special screenings there.

15. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

LMAO! Good one!

I agree; they'll probably keep refining the look of the suit in each film; I think that that's often the hardest part about superhero movies.

We're not allowed to mention YT by name? Anyways, I'm taking this to mean that the teaser has/is going to premier? Where was it shown? A convention or something? Or is it slated to front some movie?

16. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Well linking to full TV shows and other copyrighted material on YouTube is not permitted, there is no ban on the name though. I don't see an offense here, but I fail to see how posting "___tube" would prevent one from being warned if it were warranted. We mods are smart enough to what that is. ;)

17. BonyT

BonyT Sisyphus in Hell

Thank you! Thank you very much, folks! You're too kind!

I'm here all week!

Try the veal!

18. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Oh thats cool.So you can actually see the Prologue in the middle east and places like that too?

19. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Do they even have an IMAX in the Middle East? :sweat:

I can't say for sure about places like those, but the prologue is definitely not limited to North America. Places like the UK held press screenings for the footage as well, so at the very least they'll get it.

20. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Ah thats good to hear.And yes they have I-max in the middle east (I am Arab I would know).I just really want to see the prologue so badly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.